“Good value”

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
“Good value”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Nothing special- it's a motel but service was friendly, free breakfast is way better than most because it's actually in an attached restaurant, included ripe fresh fruit and melon, and they opened the outdoor pool early so my daughter could swim before a long drive. Good value for what you pay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jordan1950
Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for sharing your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will let my staff know your recognized their efforts especially opening the pool early for your daughter to swim. I'm glad we were able to accommodate your request and hope you will come back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Canton
Reviewed 25 August 2014

we had an excellent stay and everything was fine.we stay at bedford travel lodge several times a year and will return .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Cindy S, General Manager at Travelodge Bedford, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your loyalty in staying with us several times each year. Hope to see you again real soon!
Millersville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Travelodge Motel in Bedford, PA while visiting Fallingwater. The only good thing I can say about our stay was the breakfast in Clara's Restaurant, which was included in the nightly rate, was great. We tried to access WIFI in the room but could not get on. The management told us to phone the provider of the WIFI service to talk to them. Finally we opened the door to the room and the WIFI worked. We closed the door, the WIFI stopped. So we had to keep the door open to check our e-mails and other things on the computer. They deducted $20.00 upon checkout for our 'inconvenience'. Also the walls are thin. We listened to the people next door talk about 'nothing' until 2 AM in the morning. I almost forgot to mention that I left a tip the first day for housekeeping and they didn't even make up the bed. The management reimbursed my tip.

This motel has really gone downhill after changing from a Best Western to a Travelodge. We stayed there many times when it was a Best Western so we can attest to this fact.

Avoid this motel. Stay somewhere else when visiting Bedford.

M. Greg Miller
Millersville, PA

Room Tip: Don't choose a room at this motel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear we failed to provide you an enjoyable stay at our Travelodge. You definitely should not have experienced the problems you did with the WIFI. I am working with our Maintenance Supervisor to test and replace any wireless access points not performing adequately. To renew your confidence in us, I would like to offer you a 20% discount on a future reservation. Please call me personally at 800-752-8592.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Bedford

Property: Travelodge Bedford
Address: 4517 Business 220, Exit 146 PA Turnpike, Bedford, PA 15522-7763 (Formerly Bedford Inn)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Bedford
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Family Hotel in Bedford
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Bedford 2*
Travelodge Bedford is located right at the exit off I-76 West, Intersection of I-99 and business 220, a 30 minutes drive to ALTOONA, 2 hours to Pittsburg,PA. Great for travelers overnight stay, truckers Parking available on site, complimentary breakfast, Free WI-Fi, 24 hours CCTV cameras for security for safety and worry free stay, great Amenities at property include Kids friendly environment game room, Outdoor SPA, Seasonal Pool opens in Summer, conference rooms with WI-FI and on-site restaurant with American food, Exterior property with access to parking right outside your room, Fitness room with Sauna. Come visit the historic town of Bedford with lots of outdoor activities in and around the town. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Bedford Hotel Bedford