“Bad Receptionist”
Review of Travelodge Bedford

Travelodge Bedford
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 9 August 2010

My family and I have been staying at the Best Western. The Company my husband works has put all the company here. They say they offer commplimentary breakfast but our family got nothing. More then likely if you have kids they will be told that they cannot be around the hotel without their parents, even if you are sitting there watching them. Then when u approach them to tell them you are there watching your kids and them practicly running your kids off , well their whole attitude changes after u tell them you will comment on it. Now if you r just stayin for the night well then this is the place for u

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Bedford

Reviewed 17 June 2010

We were passing through Bedford late at night and decided to stay here. It was great for that: Rooms were very clean, comfortable, the rate was decent, and it came with a voucher for a free hot breakfast the next morning! We figured that we paid only slightly more than we wanted to for the room, but made up for it because we then didn't have to shell out for breakfast the next day. Decor is dated but again, everything was sparkling clean.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarSen84
Reviewed 4 June 2010

This hotel isn't gorgeous or anything, but the staff is super kind and sweet, and we were grateful they had one more room for us on a crowded Memorial Day weekend. I thought the $90-ish rate was more than reasonable for two beds and a full buffet breakfast for me and my kids. There's an outdoor pool as well, and clearly a lot of "regulars" in the breakfast area making chitchat with the waitresses. All in all, a perfect pitstop on our travels between New York City and Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I had read the reviews prior to going, and though most were decent, I was a bit worried about the one speaking poorly of the manager and staff particularly.

I'm not sure under what circumstances the poor reviews were given, but my experience was a very pleasurable. It's true that the hotel is old, but I think the aged style gives it a unique charm. Despite the less-than-modern look, the rooms, and grounds for that matter, were well managed and very clean.

The front desk attendant was very helpful in providing directions to where I needed to go and was cheerfully willing to go above and beyond to meet my expectations.
I had an issue with my refrigerator, and didn't think it was a terribly bad problem, yet this young girl eagerly carried a new one to my room and switched it out promptly. THAT is great service.

The best part by far was the breakfast. If nothing else, I would stay again, just for this meal. When you stay, they give you a coupon for the breakfast, entitling you to an all you can eat breakfast buffet prepared freshly every morning in their restaurant. I'm a man who loves to eat, and this was definitely the most elaborate breakfast I've been given practically free. Considering the low price for the room, when you realize just what all has been included in that rate, there isn't anywhere else you could possibly want to stay in Bedford. I'm talking bacon, eggs, ham, fruit, yogurt, toast, muffins, pancakes, etc. You name it, and I'd place a bet that they've got it. It's not one of those deals where you go into this small room with tons of people and wait in line to make your own waffle, or fight to grab the last pastry. You're sitting in a restaurant with servers bringing you coffee and helping yourself the endless stream of whatever breakfast you have a hankering for.

You want a good deal with good service and a great environment - stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamRM
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Nice place to stay, very helpful staff but the location needed more parking spaces. Kind of pricey for what you got.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2009

This motels first name says it all.I have stayed there many of times and plan to go back over and over.I go out to Bedford just to stay at this motel.A very nice get awayThanks to all the staff.

Edward Markle-Hanover,PA

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Family traveled to Bedford, Pa to take in the many sights and sounds of the surrounding area during the weekend of August 15, 2009. Did not know what to expect for the $75.00 daily rate. Especially for a king, w/free wireless and the room included breakfast. We believe we must give this an "exceeded expectations" and actually a pretty good deal. The rooms were large,very clean and quiet. The King bed was almost perfect, if you can believe that. Sure the hotel looked a bit ragged around the edges and dated, but we figured if they poured buckets of money into this place, the rates would no longer be double digits. This BW includes an unusual feature in that they served a full comp breakfast buffet with a wait staff pouring unlimited coffee. This wasn't a continental breakfast but a full selection. You never know what you are going to get, especially at this price point, but we must give them credit for offering a decent hotel room at a more than fair price. We would go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Best Western Plaza Inn
Best Western Plaza Inn
#4 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Travelodge Bedford? Share your experiences!