“Very enjoyable meal”

Jean Bonnet Tavern
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Historic landmark located in a 250+ year-old stone building. Slow roasted Prime Rib, house-made Crab Cakes, fresh baked breads, desserts made from scratch and fresh local ingredients make us a popular dining destination. 18 beers on tap, featuring Pennsylvania craft brewed beers.
Wildwood, New Jersey
“Very enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had two May specials for starters, the steamed shrimp, excellent flavor, under $7 and the tempura asparagus, also excellent. Both were plenty for 3 to share. I had another May special, the wild mushroom chicken,$20, mashed new potatoes and Brussels sprouts. One had chicken parm ,$18, and one had the turkey club on crescent, $8. We all enjoyed our meals. One nice thing I liked is a salad is included with your entree. We ate in the tavern, which I think is a little more casual. Maura was our server and she was efficient and very friendly. Will definitely return!

Toronto
“Great Dinner Spot”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were recommended to go to this restaurant. We ate downstairs in the old dining room. It was a good experience as the building is hundreds of years old. Good service, and atmosphere. The food was decent but standard pub/casual dining fare.

Visited May 2014
York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could Have Been Better”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I would have given this a 4...but the glaring problem I had was with the service. At this price point for an entrée - average $ is about $23-26 - I expected to have a server that understood fine dining. Shame on the Front End Manager and lack of training. We went there for Mother's Day on the Saturday before...it was noisey (not something they can control) and very dark - I had to get my flashlight app out to read the menu, but the service is what sticks out in my mind. I've never gone to a place where the server handed me drinks and food over top the people sitting at the table. Serving in a Hoss's or pizza shop would have been better suited for her. They substituted the vegetable and she never came out to tell anyone, it was just on the plates when it was served because we may have changed our minds about our selection. The salads were warm and wilted. Very disappointed in a place that I drove 3 hours to patronize and which looked highly recommended. I walked away thinking...it was an ok place.

1 Thank Cindi C
Dillsburg
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We took my parents here for a 50th anniversary on 5/10/2014. I got the filet mignon and it was one of the best I ever had. Perfectly seared outside and juicy inside. The filet was about $30 with a salad and potato. Service was excellent and the bathrooms were very clean as well. You can tell whoever runs this place cares about it. You cannot go wrong here.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pass it up”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The Tavern is trying to put itself across as fine dining and fails. The food is prepared by cooks and not chefs. Prices are fine dining level without the quality. The staff is wonderfully friendly and hardworking, just not up to the quality. They should stick to solid food at appropriate prices.