Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Very Good 4/5
Rodeway Inn(Bedford)
US$66
US$59
Super 8 Bedford(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Omni Bedford Springs Resort(Bedford)
US$195
US$158
US$59
Average 3/5
Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$71
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspa turnpikefresh fruitnice hotelclean roomsking suiteeasy accesshot tubwould definitely stay here againoatmealroom was largewe've stayedbreakfast barfront desk clerkgreat place to stayup to datefitness centerbed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Excellent choice for the single traveller, couple or family. This hotel opened its doors in September, 2008, so it looks and feels fairly new. The staff is very friendly and did check in on my wife and I to ensure our stay was going without a problem - not something that has happened to me at the higher end hotels. We arrived late afternoon this past Saturday (6/27), and was upgraded to a suite room (paid for a standard room, $117 including tax), without additional charge, as all of the standard rooms were booked. This room was very clean and visually appealing. Window overlooked the cemetery. The complimentary breakfast was the only area that could use improvement. Too many baked goods - pastries, muffins, bagels, cereals, etc., not enough selections on fruit, yogurt, etc. So if you are dieting or a diabetic, there are a few places (Ed's is a two minute walk) to get a decent breakfast (not as quick as eating at the hotel). Overall, this is probably the best place to stay in Bedford (excluding Bedford Springs) that won't break your piggy-bank.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We chose the Bedford Fairfield Inn based on the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and because Bedford happened to be nearly exactly midway between our start & our destination. We stayed only 1 night but will be back. The hotel was very attractive - nice contemporary furnishings in the room, lobby, and breakfast area, and even a wide carpeted stairway (I take the stairs whenever possible for exercise and was pleased to have a non-scary, non-cinderblock stairwell to enjoy!). The room was spacious, comfortable beds, nice shower. We enjoyed the hot tub and the kids liked the small but decent indoor pool. I appreciated that the pool area was open relatively late.

Which brings me to my one complaint: the front desk was understaffed - just 1 person to cover the desk, incoming calls, and requests from rooms (this was about 8:30 pm on a Saturday evening so not prime check-in time, but still). We had to wait long enough to check in that it became stressful. The staff member did her best, but she was dealing with 2 involved situations simultaneously and we just wanted to check in, and there was at least 1 other party waiting behind us. Thankfully the pool & hot tub were still open so we could wash off the stress of the drive & the annoyance of having to wait to check in.

Complimentary breakfast buffet was satisfactory, and check-out was smooth. BTW, the hotel fronts onto a highway and behind it is a cemetery. We had a room facing the cemetery so I expected quiet, but noise from a couple nearby restaurants/bars drifted up. Not too bad. We will definitely use this hotel for a stopover again, and might stay a couple nights to explore Bedford and make more use of the comfortable spaces and the pool.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I happened upon this hotel by chance. It is right off the exit for I-99 and is a very new hotel.

The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating, the parking lot had plenty of spaces, and the room was very nice.

I had a king suite. The room was very clean, no sign of bed bugs and it appeared that the staff actually took the time to vacuum below the bed. But the best part of the room was how spacious it was.

One nice thing about the Fairfield hotels is their no smoking policy, which was a wonderful find for me. Too many hotels have "no smoking" rooms that smell worse than an ashtray.

The room was very quiet at night, and I didn't hear any noise coming from the hallway or any of the other rooms. If there was anything I wasn't too thrilled about, it would have to be the view of the cemetery on the hill behind my room. Fortunately for me, I was more concerned with sleep than the view out of the room, but I would suggest requesting a room facing the front of the hotel if you don't want to watch a graveyard all night.

The hotel provided a decent continental breakfast in the morning as well as a complementary newspaper. Check in and check out were both a breeze.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2009

We stayed here one night passing thru on our way to DC. This hotel is very clean - seems to be very new. Staff was very friendly. We had a big room with 2 big flat screen tv's. We did not use the pool but it looked very small. Great location just off turnpike. We did not notice any road noise at all. Breakfast was good with lots of choices. We will certainly stay here again when passing thru.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2009

We stopped for the night during our road trip to Washington, DC. The hotel was conveniently located off the Pennsylvania Turnpike. It was easy to locate. The hotel was clean. The staff was nice. It's a nice play to stay for the night.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family