“Great Hotel for short overnight trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Indiana
“Great Hotel for short overnight trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Stayed here for one night while on our way to Williamsburg, VA.
Pro's:
-Staff was amazing...Stacey (Sp?) even used her personal car to jump our van which had a drained battery (due to my stupidity of keeping something running all night that was plugged into cigarette lighter)...
-Great room, looked new and 'trendy'...had never stayed at a Fairfield Inn that was as 'trendy' as this one...room was clean...
-Didn't use pool or exercise room...but looked fine...
-Breakfast was more than adequate (and free!)...love the waffle maker (that actually worked!)...
-Very easy to get to from the Penn Turnpike...
-None of this push button air conditioning unit below the window...unit was controlled by thermostat...see con's though...

Con's:
-Only con was that it was either freezing cold, or hot...no inbetween! But it was in the 90's the day we were there...

Would bypass other hotels to stay at this one again for sure...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

I spent one amazing night at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford. The rooms were clean and comfortable with modern appointments and I was beyond pleased with my choice of hotel for the night. It's located in a convenient area right off the I-76 corridor with lots of choices of places to eat within walking distance. Excellent exercise room allowed me to get a run in the morning and they even had a nice set of weights for a little strength training! I will agree with a previous comment that the pool is indeed tiny, but this haven for business travelers had everything I really needed. I lacked nothing during my stay. Highly recommended. Would definitely stay there again.

It's by no means a five-star, luxury brand hotel, but if you're like most of us simply looking for a place to spend a few nights that offers everything you need and most of what you want, look no further than the Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford.

• Stayed May 2010
2 Thank SingleOccupancyBlog
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

We stayed at this hotel a total of two nights during spring break, on our way to and back from Williamsburg, Va. Having never stayed in a Fairfield Inn, I did not know what to expect, but the reviews I read here were very encouraging.

Our group consisted of me, my husband, our 10 and 8 year old kids, and my mom. We booked two double suites, which turned out to be adjoining. Both times we stayed, we were coming off of a long day of driving, and not just needed a place we could relax, and we definitely found it! This hotel is located right off the turnpike.

The rooms were clean, new, nicely decorated and spacious. The beds were very comfortable., and there were two flat screen tvs in each room, along with a small fridge and microwave. Our view on both stays, looked out onto a hillside cemetery, which did not bother us, but it might be isssue for some. The pool is very small, but it satisfied my kids, which is all I can ask. There is also a hot tub by the pool, and a fitness room right next to the pool area. The lobby and breakfast area is very inviting and nicely decorated. The breakfast was fine with a selection of yogurts, breads, muffins, fruit, etc.

All in all this was a great place to stay. If there was a hotel like this in every location I traveled with my family, I would definitely stay there!

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Port Stanley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

great sleep, clean , staff very friendly and informative. We stayed over night on our way home to Ontario, Canada from visiting our uncle in Richmond ,Va. We will definetly stay here again. Pool is small but the girls had a good time

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
PHILADELPHIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

I stayed at the Fairfield INn and Suites (directly off the exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike) in Bedford, Pa. The located is excellent and the price was great($90) for the amenities and the excellent condition of the hotel. There is a small pool and jacuzzi and the room was immaculate with a beautiful bathroom and, in my case, a huge King bed.

I recommend the restaurant HOSSs right down the street for a great steak dinner.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
macungie, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel for the Bedford Fall Festival. The location was great.
The hotel was very clean and quiet. Breakfast selection included bagels, breads,
muffins, etc...(Can't complain since it is included.)
Yes, the pool is small, but my two young daughters didn't mind.
We can't wait to go back and visit again next year!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed here only one night on our way to NC. Upon arrival, we were given a room on the 1st floor. When I went in, I discovered that it did not have the separate living room area that my hotel confirmation stated (booked on Priceline, $89/night). When I asked the reception for the right room, she was very pleasant and immediately assigned me the proper room. She took a photocopy of my confirmation to show here manager, since the computer system has booked us a standard room. So, the fault may have been with Priceline. Either way, we were satisfied. When we got into our room, we were very impressed with the size and modern style. There were 2 flat screen tv's, fridge, microwave. The fridge wasn't cold, and after a few minutes of trying to figure out what was wrong, we pulled it from the shelf and discovered it had been unplugged.
In the morning, the breakfast was free and okay. The only hot item was there Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches (YUCK). We didn't eat one, but there was toast and cereal and yogurt. Free coffee, wasn't too tasty though.
We were travelling with a 2 year old, and that worked out well. Although the entire hotel only has 2 cribs, so bring your own pack and play if you need a crib.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#7 of 10 in Bedford
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford? Share your experiences!