“Lovely Dinner”
Review of 1796 Room

1796 Room
Reserve with OpenTable
1796 Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$70 - US$90
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Named for the year that Dr. John Anderson purchased the land upon which the resort now stands, 1796 Room has now been re-launched as a signature steak and chophouse, serving steaks, chops, fish and poultry of the highest quality. 1796 uses only the highest quality 21-day aged USDA prime beef. All entrees are served with our signature grilled artichoke, and “shared” side dishes are available a la carte along with a tasty dessert selection freshly prepared in-house by our pastry team. Our world-class wine list is designed to match the quality of our food selection, and our professional staff is trained to recommend the perfect wine pairing with your meal. Creating a relaxed yet upscale atmosphere of warm sophistication, the new 1796 Room is a dining experience not to be missed.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Loved the steak, as well as the signature artichoke heart. Great service and fast delivery in-room. The dining room also if great.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

While the cost of dining here is at the very top of the range for the area, I don't feel it is a bad value. Excellent food, interesting flavors, perfectly prepared steaks, a good wine list and great service. My wife have eaten here for special occasions three different times. The last being our anniersary this year. They went out of their way to make sure every employee we spoke to first wished us a Happy Anniversary. We'll be back.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I would rate the meal this evening as just average bc we were a bit disappointed. Similar to what was said in another review, I did not enjoy sitting in the love seat. I felt like the table was to high for me. The bread was warm and delicious. The tomato salad was good but not great. I had risotto for dinner which was okay but really lacked flavor. Someone else in our party order the shrimp scampi and the chef infused mashed potatoes. While the shrimp were good and quite large, but not overly impressive. We did NOT enjoy the boursin cheese mashed potatoes. They were very heavy not light and fluffy and did not have a lot of flavor. They were nothing special. The artichoke served with every meal was wonderful. Willing to try the restaurant again but not these meals.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We made reservations weeks ahead of time. The day before, I received both an email and a phone call to confirm our reservation. No big deal, I thought, it's a busy place. However, when we got there, there were more than a few tables empty! Our waiter was very attentive, and the service was excellent. I am not a wine expert, but the wine list looked large enough to appease most. Everything is ala carte, but we were overall satisfied with the salad, steak and the side of sage mashed potatoes. My only complaint was the weird seating. We were seated at a love seat table, which just felt odd. My husband commented it felt like we were eating in the living room. For a "nice" dinner, it was slightly uncomfortable, however, we should have asked to change tables. I can't fault the restaurant for our not speaking up. Nice dinner, but I wouldn't stop out of my way to return.

1  Thank CentralPATravelmom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Started off with Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail that was awesome...Shrimp very large and very tasteful, served beautifully over shaved ice in a shell-shaped platter. For entree, had the petite Tenderloin (smaller cut) with a baked potato on side. All sides are a la carte except for a small grilled artichoke that comes with each entree. Meat cooked perfectly and wonderful meaty taste. Very good! Baked potato also cooked perfectly and tasted delicious, though I only took a few bites as I got full. Skins on potato were salted with what appeared to be Kosher Salt, that adds a nice flavor layer. Of course had to try dessert and got the Espresso Creme Brûlée that I loved! I loved this a lot more than the Orange Creme Brûlée that I had at the Crystal Room prior night. Oh yes, the bread that they served was wonderful and I love the butter there.

2  Thank Stephanie I

Been to 1796 Room? Share your experiences!