“Best lamb loin chops”
Review of 1796 Room

1796 Room
Reserve with OpenTable
1796 Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$70 - US$90
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Named for the year that Dr. John Anderson purchased the land upon which the resort now stands, 1796 Room has now been re-launched as a signature steak and chophouse, serving steaks, chops, fish and poultry of the highest quality. 1796 uses only the highest quality 21-day aged USDA prime beef. All entrees are served with our signature grilled artichoke, and “shared” side dishes are available a la carte along with a tasty dessert selection freshly prepared in-house by our pastry team. Our world-class wine list is designed to match the quality of our food selection, and our professional staff is trained to recommend the perfect wine pairing with your meal. Creating a relaxed yet upscale atmosphere of warm sophistication, the new 1796 Room is a dining experience not to be missed. Menu : https://www.omnihotels.com/-/media/images/hotels/pitbsr/restaurants/menus/pitbsr-1796-menu.pdf?la=en
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My sister and I had dinner on July 16 2014. She had steak medium cooked and I ordered the
Lamb medium well. We also ordered baked potato which we shared, wild mushroom soup for me, and salad don't remember which one. Atmosphere was very relaxing. The lights had electric candles and the chandelier was beautiful. Hanging on the walls were old quilts of different designs. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. Our food was excellent and cooked to our order
My lamb melted in my mouth It was well seasoned and very eye appeasing. If you order the baked potato only order one it is enough for two. The steak was tender and cooked to order. She said it was excellent. When we travel through the next time we will definitely stop by and eat.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and i enjoyed a nice dinner for her birthday. The seating arrangement is a little odd, but it did not bother us as much as some other reviewers.

The menu was as expected. All items are à la carte and priced accordingly for a fine dining chophouse.

My only disappointment was my appetizer. I ordered the colossal shrimp cocktail and it came out in a huge clam dish. Unfortunately, the dish was the only item that was colossal. I found the shrimp to be closer to jumbo size than colossal.

I enjoyed the 12 oz. tenderloin and added the 8 oz lobster tail. Both were cooked as requested.

For dessert, I had the cupcake of the day. A chocolate cake, with chocolate mousse filling and hazelnut cream topping. Delicious!

The service was good. I did make a reservation using Open Table and noted that it was my wife's birthday. I expected a small dessert dish to be presented to her at the end of the meal, but I guess they did not see the note on the reservation.

2  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was far and away my favorite place to eat in Bedford. The restaurant itself pays homage to the resorts historic roots. The original wavy glass panes are in the windows, original local coverlets adorn the walls, a glass case contains four long rifles forged in Bedford from the 1800s by the two gunsmiths in the area. As beautiful and historic as the restaurant is, the food is even better. We ate here on two nights of our four night stay and each time I had the beef tenderloin. It was cooked to perfection, and ranks among the best meals. We had heirloom carrots in bourbon sauce and garlic whipped potatoes. This restaurant is worth driving in for even if you are not staying at the hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a wonderful meal in this Steakhouse. The service and atmosphere were very good. The cocktails were well prepared and you got a full Martini Glass. The menu selections were excellent and the food preparation fabulous. Worth the high prices as it was a delightful dining experience. 90% better than the Crystal Room as the service, drinks, menu and preparation were superior. The wait staff was even more professional and attentive. Best restaurant to eat dinner at if you do not want to venture off-property.

The only negative to this dining experience was the Air Conditioning. Fortunately, my significant other and I had jackets on, but we still froze. The air did not stop blowing from the moment we sat down. Many tables we saw people coming in and then one of the persons would leave and go up and get jackets/sweaters for the party at their table. Several patrons requested they adjust the air and perhaps they did for all of 5 minutes and then on with the burst of cold air blowing on you. Everything was wonderful in this restaurant, but it was too cold which damped your enjoyment. We didn't have dessert, coffee or after dinner drinks because we needed to get out as it was too cold. One of the tables next to us had 2 gentlemen sitting there with dinner jackets and they looked over at us and said, next time we need to wear winter jackets. We laughed and they, like us, didn't have coffee or dessert as they were too cold. We walked out together and all went outside to get warm. Why can you have such a perfect restaurant and meal and freeze out the customers? Eat here, but make certain you are dressed for winter.

1  Thank janie51
Reviewed 3 July 2014

the cheese/meat sampler tray was nice to have with wine. Nice view from our window and a cozy historic atmosphere.

Been to 1796 Room? Share your experiences!