“We dream of the breakfast buffet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs

Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs
Reserve with OpenTable
Crystal Dining Room at Bedford Springs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Philadelphia, PA
“We dream of the breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great locally-sourced food. We love the breakfast buffet (the best bacon in the world) and gladly hike the trails across the street to justify pigging out there. If you stay at the springs also try the tea experience (available on Fridays and Saturdays at 2). Love the portraits of guests from the 1890s. The room is charming and the food is wonderful.

• Visited August 2014

Bethesda, MD
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Our dishes were well prepared and well served. Since my wife and I split all courses, we were pleased that the kitchen was able to split our dishes without a problem and to preserve the presentation. The wine list was reasonable and the service was first rate.

Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
“very good dining option at Bedford Springs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had dinner there during a stay at Bedford Springs and it was very nice. Filet and Scallops dinner and Salmon Dinner were both very good. Slightly pricey but that's what you would expect from a resort property restaurant. If you get good quality meals it makes the price seem justified.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lovely venue but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We ate here in the beautiful dining room for daughter's birthday. We each choose entrees that happened to be the cheapest on the menu, preferring non-meat meals. The bread selection was pretty good. The ravioli was good. I enjoyed the paella but our friend didn't like hers at all. She was offered something else but declined. They comped her a dessert. We each had 1 drink and my companions each had something extra: One had soup,and one had dessert. The cost was close to $180 for 3. I thought it was excessive for meals that were good but not special. Service was fine. I would select a different place next time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good food but nothing extraordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We ate breakfast here while staying at the resort. I had an omelet which came with fried potatoes and toast. The omelet was good, and the veggies I chose to fill it tasted very fresh. The potatoes were nothing special. My husband got the Art of Breakfast buffet, which was abundantly filling. Lots of options and very tasty (he especially liked the maple butter and homemade bread); however, like all resort food, the buffet was pricey ($22), and I don't think we got our money's worth by what he ate. The servers were pleasant, and my husband's coffee cup was never empty; however, little details such as refilling our water glasses, checking in periodically, or offering jelly and jam for my toast were forgotten. For the price and class of this restaurant, I felt like I should not have to remind the waitstaff about the details. The dining room itself is gorgeous! It was especially interesting to see all the old portraits lining the walls, and the namesake crystal chandeliers were impressive. It was a nice dining environment, but the average quality food, average service, and value renders this only a 3 star dining experience in my opinion.