“Our favorite Mexican restaurant...”
Review of Azteca Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The food is fabulous, the service top-notch and friendly. We travel about 45 minutes over the mountain just to get dinner here. The salsa is spicy, the only guacamole I will eat, the best ranchero sauce and amazing fried ice cream. Very highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Azteca Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Passing by Azteca on Rte. 30, we made a spontaneous decision to stop for lunch. The service was friendly and our food was served remarkably quickly- we were filling up on really good chips and salsa so we were happy to have room for the generous portions. Good food, great value- we'll go back the next time we're in the area.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Full disclosure--I am from Southern California, so my personal bar is set rather high for Mexican food.

Service was good, with hot fresh chips brought to our table, and salsa brought in a small carafe. That was something new. If I had to guess, I would say the salsa is either not fresh, or made from canned tomatoes. Either way, it was too salty, and have no freshness.

It was also disappointing that we could not buy beer or wine. As I understand it, Bedford is undergoing changes to their liquor policies, and currently restaurants allow customers to bring in their own wine or beer at no charge (which the next table did). Apparently no alcohol at all--including wine or beer is sold at local groceries--only at state run stores. We didn't know this, coming from out of town. (Now you do!)

We ordered combination plates, which, oddly, came without beans and rice. I thought this was strange. In almost every Mexican restaurant I have ever run across, beans and rice is on the plate. It is cheap, it is filling, and ultimately the restaurant can actually make more money serving smaller portions, or two items instead of three, with beans and rice.

We ordered churros for dessert, which I did not thin much of. I have had churros both north and south of the border. To my mind, they should be light and crispy. These churros had a heaviness to them, and as an added, unpleasant surprise, were stuffed with chilled apple pie like filling.

Service was good.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The food here is the real deal. The food taste like my Grandma was back in the kitchen cooking. It's located in a shopping strip and is easily overlooked if you aren't looking for it. Make no mistake this is REAL mexican food. The food was so good that my Mom and I actually asked to speak with the kitchen manager and let him know how fab it was! Give it a try you will be surprised. I am actually sad that I live in Maryland and can't go there more often.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

This is a small Mexican restaurant in Bedford, with cliche' decore. You know the kind with the painted benches and Tijuana colors. The chips came out fresh and warm and the salsa was homemade but very mild. I ordered guacamole and it was also homemade and plentiful. Very tasteful. My daughter is a vegetarian and ordered the cheese enchilada, cheese quesadilla and beans covered in cheese for $9.95, but they didn't come with rice and the beans were few. I ordered the chimichangas and they were very good. However on the second visit there was a strange smell from some kind cleaning fluid and it left us feeling ill. The food was not as good on the second visit.Little consistancy.