“Fiesta on US 30”

Good for: Child-friendly
USA
“Fiesta on US 30”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed savory meat with rich cheese sauce on dishes of enchiladas and chimichangas. The Mexican rice was fresh, light and fluffy. This is a decent Mexican restaurant right on US 30, which makes a convenient stop for those driving by. And of course, there are free chips and salsa before the meal!

Pittsburgh
“Avoid going on Saturdays”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We have been to the Azteca Mexican Restaurant on Rt 30 near the Goodwill Store at least 4 or 5 times. We had been impressed on previous visits by the warm fresh tortilla chips with salsa brought out before every meal, the awesome freshly made guacamole, the authentic entrees and the friendly pleasant staff. Prices were reasonable. The place is clean and colorful.
However, our most recent visit might be our last. About 3 weeks ago, we went on a Saturday for the first time and were very disappointed. We were there shortly after opening - around 11:30am - and it appeared we were the first customers of the day. We ordered a side of guacamole to go with the complimentary tortilla chips and salsa. Unfortunately, rather than bringing out the bright green freshly made guac, the waiter appeared with an olive green shade of guacamole, obviously leftover from the previous day. Yuck.
There's a new menu. The pricing on it is for Monday - Friday. If you order from the M-F lunch specials, the price is a couple of dollars more since it's Saturday? Huh? It was the same amount of food - so that was just irritating.
Our entrees were not freshly made either. The Mexican rice on my plate was mush - leftover reheated in a microwave. Hubby did not care at all for the tamale on his plate.
Not sure if the regular kitchen staff was on vacation or what happened, but we were very disappointed in this meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sugarlemontee
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I couldn't believe it!!!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I lived most of my life in California and have always loved Mexican food. I just recently traveled to PA to visit a family member. We decided to go out and look for a good mexican food restaurant, he recommended Azteca Mexican Restaurant and i couldn't have been happier with the choice. I loved the family like atmosphere. My food was brought out fast, and it was very cheap.The staff was soo nice, and the food was just amazing!!! I totally loved the salsa. If I lived close by I would eat there every weekend! I can't wait to go back and try something new.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank claudia g
Lansdale, PA
“Good Food!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nice roadside Mexican restaurant on rt. 30. Good food and its a BYOB! Pleasant wait staff. Located in a small strip center.

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It's decent food...portions are so large that it's unappetizing”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We were staying as a family at the Bedford Springs Resort and decided to not eat on-site for a night. I looked up local restaurants and saw this had decent reviews so I thought we'd give it a try since my kids like Mexican food.

It was ok. Warm tortilla chips and tasty salsa are complimentary. The entrees were just average. I had pork carnitas and some of the meat was tough and fatty and other chunks were tender and savory. My real gripe is that it was too much good on the plate. It actually made it unappetizing to eat. My husband said his fajitas were good and my older daughter ordered a chicken dish she liked, but again, the portions were overwhelming. I think this place has potential, though. Service was good and friendly. I think I would split something with my husband or daughter if we ever went back. Prices were reasonable, especially given the quantity of food.

• Visited August 2013