“Very good ribs”

Bedford Diner
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I stopped here for lunch, as it was located right off the expressway. There are not many choices for lunch in this area. Bedford Diner is located near Route 220 and it's surrounded by chain restaurants. The atmosphere was your classic diner. We both ordered their bbq rib lunch special. The ribs were very smoky, the meat was tender, and the sauce was very good and had a kick to it. The meal came with a salad and two sides. Price was fair. The employees were not very friendly.

2  Thank WorldTravelers34

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Right when we went in, we were greeted by a young beautiful lady, with a dazzling smile, whom lead us to our seats. We order, got our meals and were swarmed with flies. As our food came it, it was cold, and was not particularly everything we order, however, due to a tight scheduled, we couldn't wait. As we watched this lady go around table to table talking to customers, she came to ours, introduced herself as Ashley, the manager. Right away, she could tell we needed refills, and we weren't happy.

She proceeded to talk with us and making sure that our visit was a delightful experience. She accommodated us more then we needed. I can't say thank you enough to her and her services. From being in the restaurant business, I can tell that she cares about her guests, and that's a must. As she greeted the guests and making sure services were met to the expectations. As I watched her (because there were far more issues then mine that day, and she handled them very well) continue through the diner, I'm glad she came over and made us feel superior.

If we were back in the area, we would stop again. The staff was decent. Kudos Ashley and the Diner!

3  Thank Jayln M
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The Bedford Diner may well need a facelift. (And, if they could afford one, it would -- I'm sure -- help their business.) But the food is terrific, and the waitstaff is super.

I highly recommend the Friday fish fry and any dessert. Surprisingly, the 12 oz steak ordered by the teen boy in our party was also very good. Sure, my green beans came from a can. But, hey, it's a diner. And it's a diner I recommend and will visit again the next time I'm traveling route 30 or the Turnpike.

4  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in at this little diner as a recommendation from hotel staff. The prices were good, and the food was tasty also. The restroom was clean and the staff was attentive and friendly. We all ordered the 2.22 and my husband got the veggie omelet. Eveyone was pleased with their meals :)

2  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Again I wish TA had a good category instead of average. I would not say this is very good food. Our waitress was wonderful. We just wanted omelets and they were good and plentiful and very reasonably priced. We were not offered refills. She did come over and ask if everything was ok. The only problem with the diner was that there were an abundance of flies which were distracting.

2  Thank Winkie51