“Disappointed”

Horn O Plenty
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are professional farmers planting, growing, harvesting/raising real, fresh food from our organic farm three miles away from our freshtaurant. We work with many small farmers in Bedford County & Surrounding counties to bring the best each season has to offer. Our main purpose is to share the tasty foods of our region and to recognize our hard working farmers who produce on this precious land.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Heard so much about this restaurant we tried it out. I had the Saladburger on Ciabatta bread , my husband had the Marmalade Burger on Ciabatta bread, both plates had 2 small grape tomatoes on it, and that is all. The meat was good but the ciabatta bread was so hard we couldn't eat it. The price we paid to eat just the meat, we could of went to another upscale restaurant and got a full meal.
Yep we crossed this one off our list.

3  Thank MollyBtrue1

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We always try to sample local restaurants and found Horn O Plenty in Bedford, PA, when we were out doing the covered bridge tour. We had the sausage, peppers, onion sandwich and the hamburger with onion marmalade-both excellent. A fuller plate would have been nice-maybe a small side of whatever is in season tomatoes & cukes, cabbage, etc. Very friendly server and the historic setting was the best. Loved seeing the cooks in the kitchen. We would try again with a return visit to Bedford-maybe dinner next time!

1  Thank Crispypoe
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It's true...it's pricey for this area but I think it is worth it! It was refreshing to get fresh menu options. Our meal started with Cucumberade to drink, 2 pizzas (pepper and plain) and 2 desserts (carmel apple and bread pudding). Everything was totally delightful - except for the plain pizza which was just OK. We are always on the lookout for healthy places to eat which is not always easy. We enjoyed everything about our visit and will return.

1  Thank Russell-UP
Reviewed 19 September 2013

When my wife saw the brochure for a "Farm To Table" restaurant, we had to try it! Wow! Although a somewhat limited menu, what we had was simply awesome! Boiled Swiss Chard Stalks w/ Sugar & Grape Tomatoes, Garlic & Parmesean - Excellent! Sausage Sandwich with peppers, onions, cheese - Excellentt! Grass Fed Burger w/ Onion Marmalade and home made Ketchup - Excellent! (And the most delicious Ketchup I've ever had in my life! Bread Pudding w/ Carmel Sauce - Excellent! (The best Bread Pudding I've ever had!) Plus it was BYOB and I had a couple of beers in the trunk in the cooler! Coooooollll! Would go back in a second!

1  Thank rickgmail
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My hubby and I happened upon the jewel by pure chance. I always try to support places that serve local and organic food, so we jumped at the chance to try something new.

I cannot say enough! Our server was friendly in explaining the menu, which was on an e-reader since it changes with whatever is in season, and the food was outstanding!

I had a sandwhich which consisted of sausage, peppers, and onions with cheese on sourdough bread and my hubby had a hamburger with an onion marmalade on sourdough. He asked for ketsup and she brought him some homemade ketsup which he wished they bottled so that he could take one home.

It is a clean and cozy place that serves fresh home grown food. You can't get any better than that! I wished we lived closer so that we could visit more often!

Been to Horn O Plenty? Share your experiences!