“Bad food, Dirty place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located in beautiful Bedford, PA Salsa's Mexican Grille is proud to bring authentic Mexican cuisine to Central Pennsylvania. Our menu features your favorite Mexican dishes as well as some entree's like seafood alfredo, filet mignon, and chicken parmesan. We also have a full bar featuring your favorite import and domestic beers and a large selection of wine and spirits.
Leesburg, Virginia
“Bad food, Dirty place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped off the Interstate to eat at this place. From the outside it looked appealing. That's where the appeal ended. Walk through this spacious place and you get the feel of how neglected it is. From the bathrooms which stink of mildew to the Margarita which is made from a horrible mix. We ordered queso with chorizo which was served burned on a fajita skillet. The entrees weren't any better. The Bedford quesadila was overcooked (burned) and awful. Nothing is fresh. The place wasn't busy so it's not like they don't have the time to make good food. It makes me think all the good reviews are planted. If you can avoid this place we highly recommend you do. Note to the owner and chef, you obviously don't care so you should just close down.

2 Thank jpj028

PA
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I certainly wasn't sure what to expect from a Mexican restaurant in this area. It certainly was funny going inside a Mexican restaurant and hearing a live bluegrass band playing. But it was all good. The service was good. The food was yummy. And yes, that band sounded pretty good even if I don't usually listen to that type of music. The whole family enjoyed themselves and we'd definitely come back to Salsa's if we're ever in the area again.

• Visited July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“This place is gross”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited this restaurant recently and was pretty disappointed and grossed out by pretty much everything.

We had been traveling so after being seated my first visit was to the bathroom. The ladies room was nothing short of disgusting. The toilets - those that work - don't flush well, draining slowly and leaving great amounts of toilet paper in the bowl. The stalls, toilet seats, sinks, and floor were dirty. One of the toilets had the lid and inner parts sitting on the seat - no out of order sign to be found.

Shrugging it off I hoped for the best - sometimes good places have bad bathrooms - but things didn't really improve.

Though our table seemed clean the wall next to it and the ledge at eye level were coated in food particles from other diners. Many of them looked like they had been there for a while, some were painted over. The ledge was covered with dust and bunches of dust, it clearly hadn't been cleaned in a long time.

Our waitress was nice but she had a million excuses - they didn't have a bartender that day so my drink took forever....there was a new cook in the kitchen so our food was taking forever.

When our food arrived - my husband had fajitas and I have the Mexicana quesadilla with rice and beans - our sides were mixed up. NOt a big deal, we can recover, however the food quality was poor. The rice was dry and the beans had pieces of dried beans in them. My quesadilla was so greasy that the bottom layer of it was drenched in grease.

It took forever to get our check and pay for our meals.

Overall this was not a great experience. There is A LOT of room for improvement here - we won't be back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank diva3713
Williamston, Michigan
“Much better than expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped by to eat here on a long road trip because it was right off the highway. The exterior is fun and inviting but going inside is kind of like going into an old person's house. A bit old and dingy and smelled old, so we weren't sure what to expect. They brought out chips and salsa which were were delicious! We ordered chicken soft tacos and they were also amazing! So creamy and yummy! And just as we were ready to pay they brought out their house dessert which was a cinnamon chip with chocolate and caramel drizzle... Yummmmmy! Staff was very friendly as well! Thanks so much!

2 Thank gillinde
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by for dinner on our way back to DC. We only eat there once, but we really enjoyed the food. They use quality ingredients. I highly recommend this place.

Visited June 2014