“good pub food”

Dining options: Reservations
Lansdale, PA
“good pub food”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

good food but limited menu. would love to see more choices. Alcoholic beverages were a bit expensive, but this is located in a beautiful resort. very accommodating staff!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jao988

“For a beautiful hotel, this sure was a bad experience”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My girlfriends and I were spending 2 days in Bedford, and my friends wanted to go to the Bedford Springs Hotel for lunch. I had stayed there when they first opened after the renovation about 5 yrs. ago. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. We went to the Frontier Tavern since it was the only restaurant open. When we arrived, the waiter told us that there was "open seating" and to find a table ourselves. We looked around and couldn't find a table with 5 seats. The waiter knew we were stuck, but didn't seem impressed that we needed help. We found a set-up with a table of two just above a table for three, so we occupied those, making conversation difficult. We waited about 10-15 min. just for our drink orders. The restaurant wasn't crowded, and it was about 1 or 1:30 PM, so it was well past prime lunch time (and it was also a Tuesday). After we received our drinks, the waitress took our order. I asked if the chicken on the salad could be blackened, to which the waitress replied, "Sure." So, we all ordered. We waited a LONG time for our food, and when it finally came, my chicken wasn't blackened. Normally, I might just go ahead and eat it, but the chicken looked anemic and flavorless. So, I sent it back. The other ladies very much enjoyed their food (my mom said the meatloaf sandwich was wonderful), but I waited and waited. As I was sitting there waiting, I noticed cleaning rags and supplies sitting on the table that was used to serve drinks from. Robert Ervine would have shuttered. My food didn't come by the time my friends were almost done. So, I went to the front of the restaurant to ask for a manager. There was nobody to ask (the waiters kept flying by), so I went down the hall to the concierge, who said he'd find someone for me. I waited. And waited. And waited. About 15 min. The original waiter that we had seen in the beginning, actually stopped to ask if I needed anything, but I had told him that I was waiting for the manager, and he said he'd try to find her. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my food still hadn't arrived (according to my mom). Finally, the manager came. I explained my situation to her, and she was very apologetic. She asked if they had ever brought my lunch, to which I said that I didn't know, because I had been waiting at least 15 min. to talk to her, and that I hadn't yet been back to my table. She said that she wouldn't charge us for our lunch, which was the only redeeming thing about our experience. I arrived back at the table, and my mom stated that my salad had JUST arrived. The food was good, but this was about an hour and a half experience that didn't need to be. It's very sad, since the hotel is lovely and it's a beautiful setting.

• Visited August 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Fair”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good for a quick bite. The bar area was quite busy, but we are not drinkers. It is less expensive than the other two restaurants at the resort.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great bar and service”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Small but nice with great service and entertainment. Ate and drank there we enjoyed it. The food took a while but we enjoyed the drinks.

Pittsburgh
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My friend and I gasped in shock at the $18 margaritas, but enjoyed our raspberry drinks. My hamburger wasn't cooked to order and the whole dish was nothing special. We expected more for the prices.