“Comfortable, pleasant, average food”
Review of Frontier Tavern

Frontier Tavern
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set within the circa 1806 Stone Inn building, this casual lunch spot hosts a lively bar scene in the evenings where guests can unwind and enjoy spirited conversation over Pennsylvania’s local artisanal brews. With its flavorful menu and enticing beverages, Frontier Tavern is a favorite among locals as well as resort guests. Lunch Menu : https://www.omnihotels.com/-/media/images/hotels/pitbsr/restaurants/menus/pitbsr-tavern-lunch-menu.pdf?la=en Dinner Menu : https://www.omnihotels.com/-/media/images/hotels/pitbsr/restaurants/menus/pitbsr-tavern-dinner-menu.pdf?la=en
Reviewed 9 March 2014

As locals, we have dined in the three Bedford Springs restaurants, all of which are a nice place to bring guests and friends. The Frontier Tavern was perfect on a blustery winter evening. Seating is comfortable and eclectic - easy chairs, benches, bar stools, high tops. Staff is welcoming, professional and efficient. Menu is small but covers all the bases. Our "Ploughman's Board" appetizer was on the skimpy side (two bits of cheese, some comb honey, olives, eight crackers, small amounts of meats). The four meals varied in appeal. My husband enjoyed his steak and side salad. One guest raved over the grilled cheese on sourdough with tomatoes and bacon. Another had a lackluster grilled chicken sandwich. My fish and chips were disappointing: three triangle pieces of battered fish that could have come from my freezer (not that I ever buy fish this way), and the "homemade chips" were far too thick to have been served cold; they were chewy and tasteless. Two desserts were okay: a hand-crafted root beer float which included what was left from opening the bottle in a separate glass, and a small piece of Shoo Fly pie. Considering how close this is to the home of the genuine pie in Lancaster PA, we thought it should have been authentic and not a designer version of a classic. Four meals, two cocktails and two desserts came to $127 which is probably not out of line for the venue, but this is not what we consider a dining destination. Atmosphere was main factor in our enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We are local and made a trip to Bedford Springs to check out the beautiful holiday decorations and get a casual dinner. What a cozy night! Toured the lobby to view the decorations and then got a dinner by the window viewing the outside fire pit on a cold snowy day. The food was good not outstanding but we were there for the whole experience of the night which was perfect. After dinner we got coffee to go and sat in the lobby reading a book by the fireplace. Heaven!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I ate here for dinner during our stay at the resort. The drink prices are outrageous, $16 for a mixed drink--I thought I was back in Manhattan!
The food was good--the lobster mac and cheese was amazing (actual huge pieces of lobster in a creamy rich sauce!) but my husband wasn't as crazy about his chicken sandwich and french fries. The tomato soup was very good, although it could have been hotter.
Overall, it was good for resort food but you might be better off going to a restaurant in the town, like 10/09 where the food is better for less money.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The food was good and the atmosphere excellent! I just have a HUGE problem with the fact that my son ordered a rootbeer and the waitress failed to mention thatcit would cost $6.25 and to make it worse when she asked if he wanted a refill ....which he drank two sips of it cost ANOTHER $6.25. We travel to give star resorts and frequenct New York City so we are not shocked by prices often but in this case the waitress should have let us know!!

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Yes, the drinks are a bit pricey, but you are in a nice hotel, and should not expect anything less. We stopped in for an evening snack and drink. We we seated right away in a comfortable pair of chairs overlooking the grounds. The atmosphere was fun and relaxing. Service was a bit slow, no fault of our server. All the staff were super friendly and helpful. Ordered dessert....the banana cheesecake was definitely worth it. Although we did not order a full meal, I would Def recommend.