“No, It's NOT a Denny's!”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #33 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Bedford, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No, It's NOT a Denny's!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Fool that I am I gave the Bedford Denny's a second chance after 3 weeks, and it's only gotten worse. First, the place is filthy! Food and trash on the floor, badly stained table top that was still sticky. There are various bits of food stuck to the dividers between sections.The eggs were delivered about 5 minutes AFTER the rest of the meal which consisted of vastly overcooked bacon, undercooked hash "whites" (after specificlally requesting ' very well browned hash browns'). At least when the eggs finally came, they were PERFECT! As I finished my meal I looked up to see another waitress PICKING HER NOSE while she filled the now miniscule (3 to 4 oz(?) for $1.99) coffee cup !!! IMHO this Denny's should be shut down by the health department! I know I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!

15 miles east at Breezewood, PA the Denny's is what a Denny's should be... spotlessly clean, excellent coffee, great foood properly prepared and deliverd by waitresses that really are fantastic and know as well as do their job very well. I will drive the extra 30 miles RT if I go to Denny's around Bedford. Denny's in Altoona has been very good both times I've eaten there.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Joe B

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“It's a Denny's...”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

A poor denny's. It's obvious that the cooks are inexperienced here. The food is nothing more than fast food on a plate.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank JT955
Atlantic City
“Poor, Even by Chain Restaurant Standards”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stopped for breakfast. We usually avoid the chains, but there were few choices for breakfast and we figured, "How bad can it be?" Well, it certainly wasn't good. First, despite the huge menu, they had great difficulty when asked to make any substitutions or changes to the standard fare. Our server was friendly and attentive, but not very presentable. The best thing we had was a milkshake. The food was not good. Most items were obviously not freshly prepared. We will not be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Elman1952
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Not so good!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is convienient by the turnpike but we will not be back. We have been here several times and love the server Kayla. She is professional and on the ball with drink refills and presenting our check! However, other times we have waited for coffee, the food was missing ingredients! It's also not pleasant to have a dirty bus pan sitting next to you at the neighboring table. The bench we sat in was also broken and the vinyl ripped! With the decor, one time for Halloween there were gaudy halloween decorations and noticable dust everywhere! The fake plants need to go! The place needs remodeled! I didn't appreciate the decapitated head at check out! I guess that is the type of cliental this place would like to have! It's made for teenagers!

Visited October 2011

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!