“Great Location, Very Nice Owners” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Eagle Inn

Golden Eagle Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Bedford B&B and Inns
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Location, Very Nice Owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Golden Eagle Inn is a friendly and comfortable place to stay in a truly excellent location: right near all the historic buildings, antique stores and restaurants in downtown Bedford. We parked our car behind the inn and hardly had any use for it. The owners are exceptionally nice and greeted our family of four us with a bucket of bottled waters and two bags of wonderful caramel corn from Bedford Candies, just up the street. They were also very accommodating of our 5 and 7-year old children and the room was spotlessly clean. Overall, a great find.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
South Park Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was our third stay this year at the Golden Eagle Inn. The only reason I gave them a 5 was because 6 was not an option. I took my entire family including grandkids, to Bedford for the Old Bedford Village Christmas Lights (which was also fantastic).The hospitality of Mary Jane, Tom and the rest of the crew was great. Our rooms were all that we hoped (we had 6 rooms). Tom was extremely helpful in setting up rooms to accommodate my wife and I and 4 children with their kids (15 in all).
We ate dinner in the restaurant and they were able to care for a variety of tastes. Misty did a great job taking care of us. The food was phenomenal. When we arrived back after the Christmas Lights at Bedford Village, a great duo was playing Irish and contemporary music. The kids certainly outlasted their parents. Even the young grandchildren were dancing to the music. We could not have asked for a better stay

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dan P
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I've been to Bedford, PA many times to visit friends but this was my first time staying at a B&B there. And I couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay than the Golden Eagle Inn. My room was cozy and cute, clean and comfortable, and nice and warm on a very cold wintry night. My hosts, Mary Jane and Tom, were super friendly but not overly chatty (that's my only worry about B&Bs - I've been to some where the hosts talk your ear off throughout breakfast - and happily that did not happen here). Breakfast was delicious, delightful and kept me full until dinnertime. The house itself is just gorgeous - very well-maintained and beautifully decorated. I highly recommend the Golden Eagle Inn and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jackie D
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Charles and I were on our way to visit Falling Water but got a late start on a Sunday. We stopped in Bedford looking for a place to stay and happened to come upon Martha, who was scrubbing the front steps of the Golden Eagle Inn. We started chatting with Martha and, when she learned we were looking for a place to spend the night, she invited us in to tour the Inn. Martha explained she was Mary Jane's mother and they had just purchased the Inn over the summer. Martha showed us the rooms; all the rooms were lovely, had interesting wall paper and were very clean. I felt I was back in the early 1900's. Since the cook had Sunday evening off, Martha suggested an excellent restaurant a couple miles down the road where we enjoyed a delicious meal. When Charles and I got back to the Inn, we decided to have a glass of wine on one of the porches. Tom was very attentive to us while we were sitting on the porch, ensuring that we had enough wine and spending a little time chatting with us. The next morning Mary Jane fixed us a wonderful breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon and fruit before we went on our way. Mary Jane even provided directions to Falling Water for us since our GPS was not being very helpful. Tom and Mary Jane are wonderful hosts - very attentive to their guests, knowledgeable about the area, and very friendly. I would certainly recommend this Inn to anyone traveling in the Bedford area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jac661
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

My husband, son, and I stayed at the Golden Eagle Inn for one night while driving from Cleveland to Philadelphia. Rather than stay at a chain hotel off the toll road we chose this B & B for a more unique experience. We made the mistake of eating on the toll road so we didn't get to enjoy an entree off the gourmet dinner menu. However, I had the butternut squash soup that really was as delicious as other reviews have said. My husband had tomato bisque and enjoyed it, too. He drank a local craft beer and I chose a very good wine with assistance of the owner, Tom. My son had mac & cheese that was served in an oven-fired dish with a bread crumb topping. The dining room with a fire burning was so relaxing after a long drive. The room was impeccably clean and quite comfortable. Breakfast was savory and healthful. You'll have to try the French toast & sausage yourself to know how good they are! We would recommend the B & B experience to friends and family and particularly the Golden Eagle Inn.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula R
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My sister and two cousins stayed at the Golden Eagle Inn this past weekend. We had a very enjoyable time. The breakfasts were delicious. Tom accommodated us so that we could have adjoining rooms. We easily had the four of us in one room to play games together in the evenings. This is a very historic building. Bedford is a very historic town. We visited the National Museum of the American Coverlet, took a tour of the covered bridges, Gravity Hill, shopped, toured the Bedford Springs resort and ate at the Jean Bonnet Tavern. The inn is conveniently located and I would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank elaine a
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Wow! What a wonderful experience we had at the Golden Eagle Inn in Bedford PA. Innkeepers, Tom and MaryJane, couldn't have been more accommodating. They were kind , attentive and creative in their service . We arrived at the Inn late, but Innkeeper Tom, made his beautiful restaurant diningroom available to us with a warm fire in the fireplace and candles lit on the table. We were the only diners in the room for a romantic late night supper. Magic! Not only was the atmosphere wonderful, the food was amazing. Their chef , former chef of the Altoona Hotel, is making amazing dishes. In particular the butternut squash soup was so good I asked for the recipe. He is not sharing his wonderful secret. You must go there and taste it in person!
Our room, the Juliana room, was clean, cozy and comfortable with a wonderful queen bed and terrific shower. Décor needs a little work, but Tom and MaryJane just bought the Inn in July 2013 and I know they will add the ambience in the near future. Breakfast in the morning was served in a bright cheerful diningroom that overlooks the main street of Bedford. Mary jane prepares the beautifully balanced breakfast of scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, French toast and fresh fruit. Yummy! We wanted to walk around town and Tom had no problem letting us have a late checkout. We enjoyed the shops of Bedford and searched for a lunch spot, but opted to return to a sure thing....The Golden Eagle Inn. Lunch was also delicious with roasted beet salad , butternut squash soup and artisan grill cheese.....We may never leave.......ah but we had to....we'll be back....soon I hope.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Quality Inn Bedford
#2 of 8 in Breezewood
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#7 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Golden Eagle Inn? Share your experiences!