“Great Value”

Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Judy's was recommended to me while traveling through the area. I met the owner, Bill, upon my arrival who checked me in and showed me the room. Small, but clean and very affordable. Most of the customers are return guests at this small motel, which is a good sign.

The room had two double beds, a desk with the TV and the other usual furniture. The decor and carpet are outdated, but for me, it was clean and inexpensive for the last leg of my travels.

The owner provided a towel to clean and wipe down my motorcycle, as well as allowing me to park under a covered area next to his home. Also he had no problem with me plugging in my battery tender keep the battery fully charged.

Within a mile or two of restaurants and the entrance to the toll road and/or interstate.

When passing through, I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hdslam
There are newer reviews for Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage

Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I found ourselves in the Bedford area again last weekend, so decided to give Judys another go. I think this place is frozen in time, quite literally everything was the same exact as the last time we stayed (quite literally, I think the owner only wears logo shirts). But it is nice to see a family owned establishment in America that's still, you know, run by actual Americans. It's no frills, but what can you really expect for $50ish (after tax) a night? The room is clean/quiet, you can park right in front of the room, the internet is free (which you don't typically ever find these days). And the recommendations from the owners on local food and entertainment are priceless!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eleanor B
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The image painted on the website was not what we experienced. We should have realized it especially with all the 'NO's' on their website but the video and 'family-owned' comment sucked us in.

You will get: a bed, a room with a door, and a lav.

You won't get:
* individual bathroom amenities eg soap or shampoo - you get the utilitarian single sudsy product for all things in the bath
* a room that doesn't reek of pinesol
* a hairdryer
* a single family owned business. A family owns it but not the same family over those 10 generations (And be prepared for an attack on the previous owner's - very off-putting.)
* a room close to town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank norwoodpark
Reviewed 16 July 2013

judy’s motel was a great place for us to rest our heads for the evening, as we were driving through on our way to cleveland. on our road trip we wanted somewhere simple to sleep and head out the next morning.

positives
- bill checked us in and we felt safe right away, he was very sweet, talked to us about where we were headed and recommended we check out the “coffee pot” the next morning. you should check it out too!
- room was simple, clean – just what we were looking for to catch some zzz’s.
- price is more than right - very cheap.
- bedford pa is a nice town so if you did want to check it out and stay someplace cheap this would be a good place to do it.
- we like retro and the bathrooms at judys are retro! we craved being at a motel that took us back in time!
- close to a sheetz which is useful for snacks and other things.

negatives
- some car noise from the road.
- might not be everyone’s cup of tea.
- rooms may be too outdated for some.

we would definitely return to judy's if passing through the bedford area and needing a place to sleep for the night!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vacasRus
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I found Judy's Motel on Trip Advisor, and decided to give it a try. I'm very glad we did. You can't beat the price, $50. for a weekend night for a room with free wifi, 2 double beds, coffee maker, air conditioning. We parked right outside our room, it's an old style basic hotel - no pool, restaurant or breakfast. But at this price we were able to purchase breakfast at Both Judy and her husband are lovely people, and offered local information and suggestions. The room was clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. You do have to arrive before 10:00 PM to check in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank idlewood4
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Reminds me of the little motels you see from the 50's. It is clean, bug free, maid service daily, the couple that owns the place is very nice and will help you find things to do. I will stay there any time I go near the area. Great little place to be, and very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison A
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We stay at Judy's about one time per year, in the month of July. The staff is always friendly and very helpful when we have a need or a question. The rooms are smaller that most of the locations that we stay, but that is part of the atmosphere of the location. My in-laws have be staying here on vacation for the past 30+ years and have had no complaints about the staff or the facilities,

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family