“Love this place!”

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and have stayed at Bedford Springs about 2 times a year since getting married. We love the relaxed atmosphere of the resort, the indoor pool, the cozy bar, and eating at the 1776 Room. The town of Bedford is lovely to walk around and have a coffee or bite to eat.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aPghGirl
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

We appreciate you considering The Omni Bedford Springs Resort for your getaways with your husband. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

A college roommate and I met here for a 3 day reunion. We loved the inn, the amenities and the attention given by hotel staff and servers. Make time to enjoy the indoor pool and the spa. We stayed in the spa wing and this was close to the indoor pool, spa and fitness room. A February snowfall made the lit fireplaces all the more enjoyable. We dined in the Frontier tavern and 1796. Both are pricey; but good food. I liked being here in the winter and it did not stop us from taking a hike along the trails. You won't be disappointed by a stay here. Watch for Omni specials or groupon deals.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Eternal Spring section are close to the spa, pools and fitness center.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing The Omni Bedford Springs for your reunion. It was a pleasure for us to read how you passed your time with us and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Went there the last three years for a conference because of central location in PA. Each time at the end of February.

The rooms are spacious and well kept with reasonably comfortable beds. The bathrooms are nice. The staff is helpful. The food is good, but as noted by others, is quite pricey given the locale (and less than Four Seasons level of the hotel) and quality. Since I went in winter I was unable to truly enjoy the beautiful outdoor amenities but i will assume in my review that they are excellent. While I did not partake, I heard the spa was excellent from other attendees.

As I stated I was there on a conference. I would have absolutely considered this as a summer vacation spot for my family but for one unbearably aggravating quality: The heating and air conditioning units in the room are incredibly loud. Unless you can sleep with a jackhammer outside your window this will make sleeping difficult. While I am a lighter sleeper, nearly everyone that I spoke with at the conference mentioned the noise. Also because this is a very old building and does not hold heat well, the unit is constantly cycling on and off. Also, unlike most hotels, most of the building is wood framed and you can hear the people above you unless you are on the top floor. Since the building was renovated relatively recently I would have hoped the noise would have been considered as it makes what is otherwise a nice property unacceptable to me.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate all of your positive feedback but regret that noise from the heating system has detracted from your stays. This is a challenge that we are constantly monitoring but due to the historic nature of the hotel have to address it on a room by room basis. We are committed to finding a solution and hope it won't prevent you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Bedford Springs Resort has been beautifully restored and offers a delightful retreat for a few days. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious with lovely furnishings. The resort is a bit lacking in the service category. The maid came to our room one day as we were dressing and we asked her to come back in a few minutes but we never saw her again. The food service also needs work. The only lunch option is at the bar. We were a group of 10 and were never able to be seated together and the menu was limited. We had vegetarians in our group and unless they wanted the same salad every day they were out of luck. The Crystal Dining Room was beautiful and the food that was prepared was of good quality but wasn't very hot. Disappointing for a $45.00 per plate buffet. The vegetarians in our group ordered off the menu a vegetable pasta dish that was also $45.00, disappointing again.
I would be reluctant to go here again. It is a pricey resort and I expected more for the money.

Room Tip: Some king rooms are a bit larger than others so ask for a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

We appreciate all of your valuable feedback both positive and constructive. We regret that we missed the mark with both housekeeping and dining during your stay and will share your feedback with our operations team, especially your comments regarding vegetarian options in our restaurants. Thank you for allowing us to understand where we have room for improvement and we hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Service is excellent at this resort.
If you would like to use spa services make a reservation several weeks in advance.

Food is very good.

This is the third time we have stayed here. Each time the only disappointing issue is noise. I suppose if you turn the radio or TV up load enough it wouldn't be a problem. It sounded as if there was a factory above us. I even went upstairs the next morning to see what was up there and it was only other hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Not sure if there is one but I would ask.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank papdan

Thank you for your compliments regarding the service and for sharing your frustrations with the noise. We do apologize that it has detracted from your stays. Please let us know the next time you stay with us and we will work with you to ensure that you are in one of our quietest rooms.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Every year, my son and I go on a vacation to a nice little resort where we can hike, bike, or do some interesting physical activity. When I found this place while researching the Beford area, I got very excited. I decided that we would try to come to this place, and we were not disappointed! Let me start off by saying that this is probably the largest hotel that I've ever stayed at - it's huge! The outside looks as big as the White House and the woods seem to go on and on. When we got there, we became aware of so many activities that we could do. There was a volleyball net and a horshoe field just waiting to be used. There was a long hike that went through the woods, on which my son spotted an orange newt! If you don't want to go outside, there is a spa and a heated indoor pool. Not the type of pool that takes a little while to get warm. It was the type of pool on which you were instantly hot as soon as you entered! The people there explained that this was because it was heated from the hot springs! Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all offered and the quality of the food is superb. The wokers are so kind and helpful and make you feel welcome right when you step through the door. I definitely hope to come back here with the rest of my family.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Deweylou

We are thrilled that you and your son chose the Omni Bedford Springs for your annual getaway. We enjoyed reading about the various activities you were able to do together and are glad you were even able to spot some interesting wildlife. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and the rest of your family for another visit at The Omni Bedford Springs!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Just thinking about this hotel relaxes me. I have stayed here many times, most recently on December 30,2011. The hotel was extremely busy on that trip but I was amazed that I saw little decline in the service. The valet was busy but there was a very short wait. I would like more of an option for self-park even though the valet is free. You can park along the road but it can get muddy if there is any bad weather. I think one lot may be open to self-park but it was not entirely clear. I appreciate the bottled water from the valet.
I have eaten a couple times in the pub which is fine. I like to grab something from the little shop in the spa wing- Che Sara Sara- where you can get beer, sandwich, pastry, etc in a nice little bag to take to your room. Like other Omni Hotels they offer free delivered beverage in the morning if you join Omni Select and for a reasonable charge you can add other items to that delivery. Unlike the Omni William Penn in Pittsburgh they don't offer oatmeal as one of those extra items but the muffins are awesome. I like that they leave it at your door at a time of your choosing and just knock to let you know its there. You don't have to worry if you aren't ready to greet a staff person early in the morning.
I love all the various sitting areas both inside and out. If you don't get a room with a rocking chair on the porch you can still find a spot to hang out and look out at the resort.
The rooms are exceptionally clean and everything seems so high quality. Lots of nice little touches like hiking sticks and little vanity tables in some rooms.
Cell phone service is spotty but wireless seemed to work ok.
I like the look and cleanliness of the bathroom but I really dislike the shower heads. Not only is the water pressure low but I feel like I have to move around to catch the water drops. I thought I would like the walk-in shower with the big round showerhead but it was even worse because it only gave you water straight down on your head - no adjustment.
It can be a long walk to your room sometimes - be prepared.
I find the staff generally very friendly - especially the housekeeping staff and evening turn-down people and room service staff.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nemokota

It is a privilege for us to have had you as our guest over the last few years and we appreciate your valuable feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and give us a few pointers on how we can take your stay from almost perfect to perfect. We look forward to your next visit!