Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Bedford)
View Hotel
Lincoln Motor Court(Manns Choice)
4,413 results
All reviewscrystal roomfire pithiking trailsfrontier tavernspa wingindoor poolrelaxation roomrocking chairsspring waterspa servicesmineral springsgreat spabath ritualbedford springs resortbeautiful hotelgreat weekendlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is the second time my husband and I spent a weekend at Bedford Springs and we were not disappointed on the return trip. You can tell that the employees at the hotel go through a great deal of training to treat everyone with the upmost respect, greeting you as you walk through the halls. I have never been to a hotel that leaves notes in your room greeting you and thanking you for your business. Speaking of the rooms, they are gorgeous and very up to date. I don't know about you but when I go away I like to stay in a nice room no matter how much time I am going to be spending in it. I'm also a bathroom person and the bathrooms don't disappoint with a heavenly rain shower. Since we are Omni select guest members (which is free to join on their website) we were given two bottles of water in the room and also complimentarly morning beverages delivered to our room at the time we requested which is a really nice way to start the day. We ate in the Frontier Tavern and the Crystal Room and I do agree with other reviewers that stated that the food could use some work, however the breakfast buffet in the crystal room was great. As for the spa I don't know how anyone could find fault with the service--it quite simply is exceptional. My husband and I had a couples massage and he said his massage with Emily was the best he has ever had and Patrick did a great job easing my shoulder pain. The Bedford bath ritual is a great way to start your service and should not be skipped. Overall we had a great weekend and my husband said we should definitely continue the once a year tradition of a weekend away at the Omni Bedford Springs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank forteamay
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share all of your feedback on TripAdvisor. We would be honored for you to make a getaway to The Omni Bedford Springs an annual tradition. We enjoyed reading the highlights of your experience and appreciate the opportunity to share your compliments with Emily and Patrick. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another weekend at our resort.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. We loved everything about the resort! Our room was very clean, the bathroom was spacious, and although I agree that the heating unit was on the louder side, it didn't bother us at all. We ate at the Frontier Tavern and Che Sara Sara. The Tavern was a little pricey, but the food was good and we had the opportunity to enjoy some fantastic live music.
We took a lot of time exploring the resort itself and looking at all of the old pictures, went hiking, found the seven springs, and had Afternoon Tea (not expensive and WELL worth the money!). The scones were the best I've ever tasted! The indoor mineral pool is open 24 hours. Our only complaint there was needlessly rowdy children at 11:00 pm in the pool, but not really the resort's fault. We even enjoyed the puzzles in one of the lounge areas. There is beautiful campfire with smores available every night.
Our spa experience was wonderful....LOVE the complimentary bath ritual for spa guests! We definitely lingered, but never felt rushed by the staff. Ashley did my thermal mud wrap, and she was fabulous, soothing and very professional. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

We are glad you enjoyed your girls' weekend at The Omni Bedford Springs Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to recognize Ashley for a job well done. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I was just at Bedford Springs this weekend - and it was my second trip this year. I typically visit the resort several times a year - and I absolutely love going there. Everything about Bedford Springs is wonderful - but my repeat complaint....over the...six or seven times that I have visited is that the food is not the resort's strongest feature. The Tavern's menu is limited, overpriced, and disappointing. This is my fourth or fifth visit to the Crystal Room, and it has been more disappointing each time I've gone there. I was just at the resort for a bachelorette party this weekend, and the majority of us ordered the gnocchi. We received four gnocchi in a small bowl filled with vegetables - and we all counted - that we received exactly four. Pasta is an inexpensive meal to prepare - so $45 for four gnocchi and the salad bar, which has gone down in quality over my last few visits, was extremely disappointing. I wish that the resort would go away from the buffet format of the Crystal Room. It was far better food and a far better experience before the switch. Those are the only two things that I EVER have to say about Bedford that aren't 100% positive - because everything else is. If those two things could be addressed - it would be perfection. I don't mind spending a little more on a fine dining experience, but when you pay that much for the food, it should be much better.

Room Tip: Get a room on the end - it can be a little loud.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gretchen C

Thank you for your loyalty to The Omni Bedford Springs. While we are thrilled that your stays have always been wonderful, we are disappointed that your dining experiences have been less than stellar. We will share your comments with our chef. In addition, during your next visit please don't hesitate to let us know during your meal if anything does not meet your expectations. We want every aspect of your time with us to be perfect including your meals!

Reviewed 8 March 2012

It is nice to step back into time...way back. Over 200 years old, it is amazing how incredibly cool and updated (but not) this place is. Bedford Springs has the first indoor olympic-sized swimming pool in the county, and it is so cool to think about that as you swim in the perfect temperature natural spring waters and look up onto the balconies. To imagine presidents staying here, and there kids playing here is amazing. The old photos hanging on every wall are incredible. The spa is beautiful, great services offered. Nothing here is on the cheap...however if you catch the Groupon or Living Social DO NOT pass up the opportunity to share in some of PA's history and to feel like one of the privileged. The staff at Bedford Springs are excellent! Very down to earth, yet very well trained to service people...coupon or not! Romantic and fun, there is something for everyone...children and pets as well!!! Cant wait to return again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main check-in building would be best for those with any disabilities. The 3 buildings are all connected but it is a very long hallway and up and down steps, seniors might have issues with the distance. All room have great views and most have porches, so nice!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

We were thrilled to read your review of The Omni Bedford Springs. We have such a fascinating history and we love reading how this history touches our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 March 2012

This resort has everything, including a 24/7 gorgeous pool, incredible staff, luxurious bathroom, spa amenities, terrific work out facility, and enough interesting rooms and bits of history to entertain for hours. This was an ideal hotel experience. The hotel is kept immaculate and smells wonderfully, like a new hotel. It is historic and classy with new and modern touches. The balconies off the rooms were a real bonus. The free hotel-wide WIFI is terrific. I could write a entire, separate paragraph on how perfect the bathrooms here are, from the gorgeous vanity to rain showerheads to marble sinks to romantic tub for two. Going to the bathroom is a whole new experience in this hotel. The TV had great channel choices and was very large. The staff was very flexible with a late check out, which we greatly appreciated. The grounds are stunning, especially with snow falling. The indoor pool takes visitors to another generation, surrounded in white marble and evoking a bygone era. Also, the water is from the springs and doesn't smell overly chlorinated like most indoor pools. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a close getaway from Washington, DC (2.5 hrs) and especially to couples looking to spend some quiet time with each other.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dnpinva

We are glad that all of your expectations were exceeded during your recent stay at The Omni Bedford Springs. Thank you for your glowing review and we hope you will be our guests again soon!