“Relaxing weekend”

Omni Bedford Springs Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here with a Groupon deal and was upgraded to a room with a view of the resort. The room was really nice and my wife loved the bathroom. We might even remodel our master bathroom at our house to match this one. It was very clean, except for the lipstick stained water glass in our room- It was replaced the following day. If you're not a member of Omni Select Guest program, join it before your stay. You get free WI-fi and free beverage service in the morning.

What we liked:

*The food and service at their three restaurants were pretty good. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Crystal dining room and the food at the Tavern.
*Enjoyed the cooking class. The executive chef was there and it was pretty fun. The tomato bisque soup was the highlight.
*Indoor pool was fantastic. It was huge and warm!
*The hiking trails are right outside the resort. It does get a little steep, but worth it. Have to burn off the calories somehow!
*My wife really enjoyed the spa.
*Next time, I have to bring my golf clubs! Golf course looked amazing.
*Service at the hotel - everyone was so friendly.

What we didn't like:
* Our room was facing the fire pit area. Your room will smell like firewood when they light it up and it gets really loud until midnight. So if you are looking to sleep early, request a room away from it. Fortunately, we are night owls.

2  Thank ejk2000
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Bedford Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

We are glad you had a relaxing weekend at The Omni Bedford Springs Resort and we enjoyed reading what made your weekend special. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back so you can take advantage of the Old Course and we would be happy to make sure that you are in a room that is away from the fire pit. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,237)

Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I just returned from a two night stay at the Omni Bedford Springs. Our entire experience was absolutely wonderful. We stayed in the Evitt House in a king deluxe room. The room was very nicely decorated, bed was pretty comfortable and we had a "resort view" from our balcony that overlooks the front of the property. The bathroom was marble tiled and was very clean. The maid staff refreshed our room and provided us with clean towels daily. The resort staff was very courteous and helpful and handled our requests in a timely manner. Valet parking staff were great and the doorman, Scott, was exceptional. We had a positive experience with all resort staff. We ate at the Crystal Room and Frontier Tavern. We had the buffet at the Crystal Room which had prime rib, shrimp cocktail, trout, lamb, mediterranean chicken dish and salad bar and fantastic desserts. At the Frontier Tavern, we had a cheeseburger, chili, pub fries and fish and chips. Don't order the five onion soup, as it is nothing we would have expected. My wife sent it back. Portions were sufficient and prices were slightly above what you would pay at an Applebee's. My wife had a wonderful experience at the spa. She got a 50 minute massage and had nothing but good things to say. We did not schedule her spa appointment earlier and fortunately they were able to see her on day 2 of our stay. I would recommend that you make spa reservations well in advance as they do fill up quickly.
The only negative things we can say is that there was a stink bug on our window curtain the evening we arrived which I put in tissue and flushed down the toilet. Our room refrigerator was not working and we called to notify the front desk and they offered to replace it, but we opted not to because we didn't want to be disturbed.
Our stay was a well needed two days of relaxation at a beautiful resort that really knows how to treat their guests. We will definitely be returning to this place. I would highly recommend this place for a couple day getaway. Two thumbs up!!

Room Tip: Choose "resort view" room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your generous recommendation of The Omni Bedford Springs. We are thrilled that you and your wife were able to enjoy a relaxing getaway with us and hope that you will consider us the next time you are in need of a little rest and relaxation!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

After a very disappointing experience at Bedford's Eternal Springs Spa, i was contacted by a spa representative and offered a chance for another try. I waited a few months to avoid holidays or events that might cause the spa to be busy and also to go with an open mind. I finally follwed up on their offer in April 2012 and receieved the service and courtesy that i expected the first time around. My massage was excellent! The first time around, the bed and room were freezing. This time everything was a great temperature for realxing. The relaxation/quiet areas are still small and limited, but on this Sunday in particular, the spa was not overly busy. There was time and space to enjoy myself. Since it's local i would probably consider coming back, sparingly of course as it is pricey.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank prettyinpink4743

Thank you for giving us a second opportunity to provide you with the service that the Eternal Springs Spa is known for. We are thrilled that you had a great experience this go round and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The historic context is wonderful yet the finishes were spotless and fresh. This place is huge, so expect a lot of walking.
Some comments from my companion.....I had a pedicure in the spa which was pricey but gave me all day access to the theraputic bath and the spa lounge--it was really a wonderful experience. The pedicure itself was was a good experience, but not unlike others that I have had--the all day access to the spa made it worthwhile. When you go to the spa, plan to change into a robe and really relax. They provide everything you could possibly need as a spa guest (dryers, towels, hair products, clean brushes...) and there is a small shop where you can buy the spa product line.

The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bed pillows were small so you may want to ask for more. There were lots of windows (that opened, although with no screens) and lots of light. Although the view was unexceptional (out the back of the resort), it was very private and very quiet. We actually saw very few other guests while we were there., probably due to the fact that it was mid week.

The staff was fantastic. Friendly and attentive, and all seem to love working there. My pedicurist said it's the best job she's had, so apparently the management really takes care of the employees and they pass that goodwill on to the guests.

There are horse shoe pits, a large fire pit, and trails. The trails could have been better marked. The fitness room is nicer and better equiped that I've seen in most hotels. The outdoor pool was not opened for the season yet, but the indoor pool was warm and beautiful--clear water and comfortable lounge chairs. The town of Bedford is very charming and there's a lot to explore. Soft serve ice cream at the Shawnee Market in Schellsburg is an excellent evening trip.

I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Consider asking for a room that faces the front of the resort if you like a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RKR10

We are honored to be your new go-to place! Thank you for all of your complimentary words about our property and our associates. It will be our pleasure to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

My husband & I just returned from a wonderful two night stay in the spa wing. We've been there several times before and as always service was outstanding. As a vegetarian I am always concerned about dietary options. During this visit prior to making reservations at 1796 I inquired about a vegetarian dinner. Vincent the chef met with me and very surprisingly offered to take me on property to dig up and educate me on ramps (a type of wild onion). Needless to say the following morning when we met with Vincent we were overwhelmed by his kindness and exceptional work ethics by taking us on this ramp identifying & procuring field trip! As expected, the entree made incorporating the ramps was delicious! The whole Bedford Springs experience will long be remembered!

4  Thank Angela2012888

We are thrilled to read that Chef Vincent not only assisted you with making sure your dietary needs were met but took the extra step to educate you and include you in finding the ingredients for your meal. It will be our pleasure to share your compliments with him and we thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

My sister and I spent two relaxing nights at this resort. Our goal was to spend some time at the spa, eat some good food, and just relax. We were able to accomplish our goal easily. The resort is very large and very well maintained. We aren't huge history buffs but the historical aspect is very charming. The staff at this resort is extremely accommodating, friendly, professional, and seem to enjoy working here. We think this was part of the reason the weekend was so relaxing
Our visit to the spa had high and low points. The bath ritual is a must; we thoroughly enjoyed it. We both booked the nourishing hair treatment and makeup application. The hair treatment was very soothing.
The makeup application went well for me but unfortunately my sister didn't have the same experience. Two different people did our makeup. The expectation was that the application would be done in a professional manner but my sister had to come back to the room and fix what was done. The advice to anyone who is getting their makeup done would be to communicate to your technician exactly what you want applied and how you want it applied.
We had dinner in the Crystal Dining Room. They had the weekend buffet and it was wonderful!
We would definitely return to this hotel. It is a great place to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: If you are having a spa treatment ask for a room in the spa wing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

We are so glad that you and your sister found the quiet and relaxing escape that you needed at The Omni Bedford Springs. Although we are happy to read that your makeup application went well we regret that your sister wasn't as happy with hers. If you return, please let us know so that we can make sure our therapists work with you to make sure that everyone leaves feeling satisfied with their experience. Thank you for allowing us to read about your stay and we hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We just returned from a wonderful weekend at the Omni Bedford Springs and can not say enough about our experience. I travelled with my husband and 2 small children (3 yrs old) and met my parents and nephew (10 yrs old) to celebrate my mom's 60th. This is a great spot for not only a family get away but also a romantic trip with your significant other. The property itself is gorgeous and meticulously maintained. You'll feel you've stepped back in time with the architecture and the grandeur of it all. The decor is very traditional, the foyer and main rooms are large and open spaces with beautiful rugs and beautiful accent decor. Many old photos of days gone by (as parts of the resort were built in the 1800's) and old hollywood celebrities can be found adorning all of the walls. The indoor pool is large and warm and is surrounded by beautiful columns (Definitely not your standard hotel pool). There are pretty shops on the property, a full service resort. The hotel focuses on lots of personalized touches and extras that we really appreciated. If you join the select guest program (free on the omni website) you get morning beverages delivered to your room free of charge. The 1876 steakhouse is outstanding, and they leave you with small bags of cashew brittle to take with you, another nice touch. Portions are generous. Decor is cozy. At night, the firepit is a popular spot - you can buy a $5 make your own smore kit and sit around the fire and make smores - no planning required. Lots of people gathered here and shared stories and jokes. The spa is beautiful and relaxing - make your reservations in advance! I was surprised at how busy the hotel was for a non peak weekend, especially considering its large size. You never felt crowded - lots of space to spread out! But dinner and spa reservations are required in advance. Service was excellent and everyone was very friendly (over and above) and cared about our experience. What a gem in the woods this place is. We will definitely return. Well done.

Room Tip: Rooms in the "Spa wing" seem a bit newer and roomier and are beautifully appointed. The &q...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

It was such a pleasure to read how much your family enjoyed your time at The Omni Bedford Springs Resort. Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your mother's milestone birthday. We will look forward to welcoming you back for another great getaway soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
4 mi away
#9 of 10 in Bedford
Days Inn Breezewood
Days Inn Breezewood
#4 of 9 in Breezewood

Been to Omni Bedford Springs Resort? Share your experiences!