Motel Town House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$111
US$139
Rodeway Inn(Bedford)
US$66
US$59
Super 8 Bedford(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
Omni Bedford Springs Resort(Bedford)
US$208
US$158
Judy's Motel PA Dutch Heritage(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$71
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed overnight on a road trip with our two year-old son, we needed a place to crash for the night and did not want to spend a lot. I had researched Bedford and it looked like a really cute town for a stop and we much prefer to patronize local mom-and-pop motels if available than a chain on the highway. We pulled in at 10:30PM on a Tuesday night and I rang the bell for the office. After a while, a teenaged boy appeared at the window and either could not hear or understand me well when I repeatedly said I needed one room for one night for two adults and a child. He disappeared without saying anything and after standing out in the cold for a while longer (I almost left), a man let me into the office. He seemed irritated but gave me a room key and charged me without saying more than three words to me.

The room was large and functional, was not updated but was clean. I don't know if the wall unit did not work or was only AC but there was a space heater to keep us warm, it worked fine but with a toddler made me nervous to have on the floor. The bathroom did not have heat so was a little chilly but the shower did have great water pressure.

What also was strange is that, although there was one other car in the entire parking lot, the room above us was soon occupied by a loud group of people. We could not believe that of the whole building, they gave another party the room directly above us. Fortunately we were all exhausted and passed out.

When I checked out in the morning, I was looking forward to a cup of coffee (I spotted a coffee maker upon check-in) but at 9:30AM the door was locked and I had to ring the bell and stand out in the cold for a while yet again. The same teenager came to the door, opened it a crack and took my key without a word.

In summary, if you need a clean place to sleep for a few hours and want to spend $50, go for it. Just don't expect any luxuries or ANY customer service! Personally I wish we would have gone back to one of the other little motels we passed along the way instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank BKLYNGRRRL
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is clearly a low-budget, no frills type of place. Clean, spacious rooms but very dated. Located right in the heart of town. If you're afraid of the odd stain here and there, stay away. If you need low-cost place to simply rest your head for one night, it's fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank shoxgdp
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This is not a modern hotel -- it's an older building that has not been renovated, so don't expect it to feel up to date. But the rooms are spacious, clean, and functional -- everything worked, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was big. It's a great location right in the center of town, as opposed to being out near the highway among the gas stations like a lot of the chain hotels. It's a two block walk to a great coffee shop. The family who runs the place is responsible and professional.

Most important: it's VERY reasonably priced. We got a block of rooms for $40/night each, and that's hard to beat. Anyone who complains about this hotel at $40 a night is not being realistic in their expectations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank CGMDC
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Although the room was decent and the bathroom was large with plenty of counter space, some of the room furniture was broken and there was mold in the bathtub grout. The towels were threadbare and the tub was slippery with no mat. I didn't mind the general room condition, though. Unfortunately, the motel office was usually empty, as was the coffee pot. There is no Continental breakfast, as the website touts. The owner did not have a good grasp on the English language, and communication was difficult. I would not stay there again, but kept fantasizing ways of making it a much better motel for the public - especially in that prime location near historic downtown Bedford.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth E
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Motel Town House exceeded my expectations because of their low price. The room we stayed in was clean and the service was really good. The lady that worked there was very friendly and accommodating. The area was pleasant and serene and it was very close to the turnpike. I would definitely recommend this motel. We will be staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family