See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed here whilst travelling across the states with my girlfriend and some friends. We've stayed in many Motels and this was one of the better ones. We read a bad review on here before we stayed which made us a little doubtful before checking in. Wanted to leave a review to re-assure anyone else looking to stay here. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable and the owners are nice guys. The location is by far the best in the town and the price is outstanding. As other reviewers have said, it's a little dated but to be fair, so are many. We see it as having character. If you're looking to stay in Bedford on a budget, definitely stay here. On another note, the town is really friendly and picturesque. Visit the Village News bar - friendly bunch of people - made our night :)

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cactusshoeplant
Reviewed 22 January 2014

There was only one car in the parking lot and that belonged to the woman working there; that should have been a clue. The room wasn't very clean, and smelled of curry. The outlet behind the 'fridge didn't work. The pink and green bathroom looked like Miami Beach threw up in there, but none of that was a deal breaker. That was the next morning when we found bedbugs!

Stay away!

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed overnight on a road trip with our two year-old son, we needed a place to crash for the night and did not want to spend a lot. I had researched Bedford and it looked like a really cute town for a stop and we much prefer to patronize local mom-and-pop motels if available than a chain on the highway. We pulled in at 10:30PM on a Tuesday night and I rang the bell for the office. After a while, a teenaged boy appeared at the window and either could not hear or understand me well when I repeatedly said I needed one room for one night for two adults and a child. He disappeared without saying anything and after standing out in the cold for a while longer (I almost left), a man let me into the office. He seemed irritated but gave me a room key and charged me without saying more than three words to me.

The room was large and functional, was not updated but was clean. I don't know if the wall unit did not work or was only AC but there was a space heater to keep us warm, it worked fine but with a toddler made me nervous to have on the floor. The bathroom did not have heat so was a little chilly but the shower did have great water pressure.

What also was strange is that, although there was one other car in the entire parking lot, the room above us was soon occupied by a loud group of people. We could not believe that of the whole building, they gave another party the room directly above us. Fortunately we were all exhausted and passed out.

When I checked out in the morning, I was looking forward to a cup of coffee (I spotted a coffee maker upon check-in) but at 9:30AM the door was locked and I had to ring the bell and stand out in the cold for a while yet again. The same teenager came to the door, opened it a crack and took my key without a word.

In summary, if you need a clean place to sleep for a few hours and want to spend $50, go for it. Just don't expect any luxuries or ANY customer service! Personally I wish we would have gone back to one of the other little motels we passed along the way instead.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank BKLYNGRRRL
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is clearly a low-budget, no frills type of place. Clean, spacious rooms but very dated. Located right in the heart of town. If you're afraid of the odd stain here and there, stay away. If you need low-cost place to simply rest your head for one night, it's fine.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Glenn P
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This is not a modern hotel -- it's an older building that has not been renovated, so don't expect it to feel up to date. But the rooms are spacious, clean, and functional -- everything worked, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was big. It's a great location right in the center of town, as opposed to being out near the highway among the gas stations like a lot of the chain hotels. It's a two block walk to a great coffee shop. The family who runs the place is responsible and professional.

Most important: it's VERY reasonably priced. We got a block of rooms for $40/night each, and that's hard to beat. Anyone who complains about this hotel at $40 a night is not being realistic in their expectations.

Date of stay: October 2011