“Good on a Budget”

Quality Inn Bedford
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Bedford
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I had a smoking room so I have no comment on the smell. The staff was nice and did a great job of defusing a hostile customer before me. Kudos on that!

The room was big and appeared clean. AC was cranking which is good. Pretty hood for a low budget hotel, but realize it's a low budget hotel when booking.

• Stayed: September 2011
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Bedford

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Picked this hotel because I didn't want to spend more than $100 a night. Got what I paid for. Minor issues with Guest Security: Front Desk agent spoke room numbers out loud, so we knew where couple ahead of us was staying; Exterior doors to rooms do not lock at night to non-hotel Guests. Room had minor musty smell upon arrival, but wasn't as noticeable once A/C was running. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was poorly lit. Entire room had a 'trailer' feel to it, especially shower. Got what I paid for!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. It was a large room with sofa, desk, dresser and other amenities. The views in Bedford are wonderful in this mountain town, the staff very pleasant and it was clean. It had just been taken over by a new owner and the restaurant that is attached is not open for business yet but they do serve a great breakfast for the motel. Linens on the tables and a good buffet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The staff was friendly enough, but the lobby smelled like cigarette smoke. Once we reached our room I was a little freaked out by the carpet. It was just plain dirty and in serious need of a shampoo. At least the shower was decent and the room was inexpensive. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Last stop on a long road trip, and it was a good place to stay. The door to my room opened directly across from the pool area, which was being used by a few teenagers when I arrived, so I dreaded hearing them goof off till all hours. But, inside the room I didn't hear them at all.

The carpet stains showed that this was one of their pet rooms, but only my dogs could detect any odors. There was a dramatic heat wave at the time I stayed and the room was warm when I loaded in, but the room's central A/C ran quietly and cooled down the room quickly. Best heat/cool unit of my trip. Bed and bath linens weren't luxurious, but were of better quality.

Made do with a small lawn near the pool for dog walking; no spacious area for off-leash exercise.

Wi-fi connection worked with no problems.

Quite a long walk from the back door to the breakfast area in the restaurant, and I was in a bit of a hurry; didn't find anything suitable to take on the road other than coffee, so I have no input on the food. There were only a few creamers out which seemed odd, as it was still somewhat early in the breakfast service hours.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here for one night while passing through on our way to the DC area. Decent rooms, very clean, and staff were helpful and accommodating. I had (unintentionally) booked through one of the other travel websites, and none of my requests (adjoining room, etc.) had been entered into their system. But the desk agent quickly took care of all of it. I took a quick scan of the breakfast and was not impressed with the selection, so we skipped that and ate at the Bob Evans a little farther down the turnpike. But that was the only thing that was slightly disappointed (and might not be a big deal for a lot of people, but we like our breakfast!)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We've stayed here before, and will again. It's a great property. Clean. Roomy. Comfy beds. Wireless was flawless. Check-in was swift. Breakfast was great. I only wish the attached restaurant/lounge hadn't closed, but there were other good ones nearby.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#2 of 8 in Breezewood

Been to Quality Inn Bedford? Share your experiences!