“Good for Overnight, Customer Service Slightly Lacking”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Pennsylvania
“Good for Overnight, Customer Service Slightly Lacking”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The rooms in this hotel are huge. When we walked in the room, my boyfriend thought we'd booked a suite (haha might as well have been!) So very high points for the space. Didn't get to try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. There's an outdoor pool (although it is TINY). My only complaint is that the customer service wasn't as good as it could've been... They were polite, but didn't seem too caring about much going on. Had a late night, and the AM shift were kind enough to grant us a late checkout, so that was greatly appreciated. Room was clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank baberanza
Sandra W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your review. The feed back we receive from our guests aids us in improving our services. If you should be in the area again, we look forward to having you stay with us again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a very clean property, rooms are huge. However the room setup is just plain weird, the TV set is not on a wall facing a bed or chair, it faces the refrigerator. There is a small table in the middle of the room with one chair. Not sure if this room was going to be a suite and they changed there mind or what. I would have expected this motel to be packed considering it is a holiday weekend and close to the trail and water, but maybe ten cars at the max. Very quiet, friendly front desk. A little overpriced for what you get. For those visiting from out of town only a Burger King in town to eat at, go back out onto to 70 W and get off at exit 43 for food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
On The Road
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was making a very late night drive and had a long day ahead the next day. I wanted to drive a long as I could before stopping, and really started looking for a hotel around Washington, PA - but everything was booked up due to all of the oil and gas activity in the area.

So I ended up here, at the Comfort Inn in Belle Vernon, PA.

For the price I paid, in comparison to the value received - that balance scale of price paid was much higher than the value received.

My room was extremely small, the bathroom was tiny, and the smell of the room when I walked in was that of dirty hair. To pay more than $90 for this hotel is not a good value, and alas, I did pay more than $90.

I was thankful for a reasonably comfortable bed, a functioning hvac unit, and plenty of hot water and good water pressure the next morning.

The hallways are bright and clean, the front desk staff was incredibly friendly, and the property is well maintained... except for the funky smell in my room.

Would I stay here again? In the same situation, yes. Not in the same situation? Only if I could get a rate less than $60 through Priceline or another avenue.

Overall, a decent property though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room larger than a walk in closet!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My family stayed here in the middle of April for a semi-family reunion, in what we locals call "The Valley". We spent two days here and appreciated the service we received. Tony our hotel clerk was so accommodating to my family. He ensured we had plenty of towels,was aware of the breakfast hours, and the location of the smoking gazebo. The two rooms we had were so spacious! We had plenty of room to entertain our family from the valley and out of towers! The location of the hotel was wonderful and provided easy access from the highway 51. We enjoyed our two day stay at the Inn. The hotel location, breakfast bar, cleanliness, and the service was excellent! I recommend if you are here for family or business, best place to stay!

Room Tip: No restaurant on location but breakfast bar is excellent! Room by the gazebo are quieter!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Clark, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

I was amazed how large the room was. Typical breakfast and service. Only complaint would be with choice hotels telling me the place only had two rooms left and they couldn't lower the price. When we pulled in around 10:00 p.m. there were two cars in the lot. Same thing in the morning. Overall though, very clean, pleasant front desk and pleasant stay. I certainly would return.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed here back in July. The landscaping and the grounds were very nice and very well kept, they even had a playground for the kids to play...the hall walls and the front lobby were old looking, the front desk girl was not very pleasant but the manager and the night audit gentleman was very easy to talk to. Our room was huge and clean, the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good, with a variety of things to choose from. The pool was very nice and clean and we swam in it even tho the weather wasnt all that great, nice fitness room, the laundry room was nice to have as well. Everything was good and the only real complaints are to update the hallways and the front lobby by getting better furniture, they did however have a nice fireplace and 2 flat screens in the lobby...3 1/2 out of 5 and would stay again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Sandra W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Thank you for your review. The feedback we receive from our guests aids us in improving our services. I’m sorry to hear that our hotel was not to your complete satisfaction and we will work on approving it. If you should be in the area again, we look forward to having you stay with us the next time.

Sandra W.
Front Office Manager
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here one evening before speaking over in the town of West Newton. The hotel in and of itself looks nice the lobby area was clean as well as the food area. We enjoyed what we saw after we opened the door. The room was huge. Especially after the Holiday Inn we had just stayed at. The bathroom was a decent size as well and the room was clean. The only complaint I have on cleanliness is that there was a stool in the room and it had a lot of stains on it but we just avoided using that, they really should replace that or change the material on it.

There are no elevators in this hotel yet. I am told they are installing some but for now if you are on the second floor you got to lug your luggage up there. I tried switching rooms but they just wouldn't budge on that even though we had arrived early just after 2PM.

The breakfast was normal nothing to get excited about, but clean and you could get some donuts and coffee if you wanted to, along with other breakfast items.

The television in our room was attached to the side wall and you had to pull it out to see it from the beds but not that big of deal.

I did happen to see some rooms open when they were cleaning them the next day. They looked smaller than ours and the carpet in one was seriously stained. I'd ask for a newer remodeled room if possible cause those looked much older than hours.

We had room 209 and it was very large more room than we needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room on the lower level as there are no elevators, ask for a room toward the back of...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Best Western Garden Inn
Best Western Garden Inn
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!