“Good overnight stop. Currently under renovation”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a good place to stop about half way to my destination. The room was a bit small, but was nicely appointed. It had a fridge, which is a bonus. There was a dirty towel on the sink when I arrived which must've been forgotten when the room was cleaned.

The wifi worked very well. It was easy to sign on and fairly fast. I was in the very back of the building and it worked. Also, the room had a USB plug next to the bed which was very convenient.

Breakfast had lots of selection and the employees were attentive. It wasn't very busy.

Parking could become a problem if the hotel is full. The property is very long and parking surrounds the building. There were also a lot of large trucks (presumably employees of the nearby drilling). I didn't have any problem with noise inside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I asked for early check in and was given it. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was huge and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. My car broke down and they gave me extended check out time with out hesitation. I defiantly would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was staying in this hotel with my company, I had to work a 16 hour shift overnight, and sleep during the day. I had to ask to have my room cleaned and i did ok it for them to come in while i was sleeping since they wouldn't any other time. They came in 2 1/2 hours after they said they would. Turned on all the lights and opened the curtains, did their job, turned off the lights and left. But they did not have the courtesy to close the curtains from the bright sunshine penetrating my sleep. Needless to say, I went back to work that night with only 3 hours of sleep because they did not have the courtesy to leave the room as they found it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Dan S, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

I am sorry about the issues you encountered. We are now under new ownership and I am the new manager.

If you are in the area again, I hope you will give us another chance. We have been working hard to improve.

Dan Sleva
dansleva@gmail.com

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The rooms in this hotel are huge. When we walked in the room, my boyfriend thought we'd booked a suite (haha might as well have been!) So very high points for the space. Didn't get to try the breakfast so I can't comment on that. There's an outdoor pool (although it is TINY). My only complaint is that the customer service wasn't as good as it could've been... They were polite, but didn't seem too caring about much going on. Had a late night, and the AM shift were kind enough to grant us a late checkout, so that was greatly appreciated. Room was clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baberanza
Sandra W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for your review. The feed back we receive from our guests aids us in improving our services. If you should be in the area again, we look forward to having you stay with us again

Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a very clean property, rooms are huge. However the room setup is just plain weird, the TV set is not on a wall facing a bed or chair, it faces the refrigerator. There is a small table in the middle of the room with one chair. Not sure if this room was going to be a suite and they changed there mind or what. I would have expected this motel to be packed considering it is a holiday weekend and close to the trail and water, but maybe ten cars at the max. Very quiet, friendly front desk. A little overpriced for what you get. For those visiting from out of town only a Burger King in town to eat at, go back out onto to 70 W and get off at exit 43 for food.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was making a very late night drive and had a long day ahead the next day. I wanted to drive a long as I could before stopping, and really started looking for a hotel around Washington, PA - but everything was booked up due to all of the oil and gas activity in the area.

So I ended up here, at the Comfort Inn in Belle Vernon, PA.

For the price I paid, in comparison to the value received - that balance scale of price paid was much higher than the value received.

My room was extremely small, the bathroom was tiny, and the smell of the room when I walked in was that of dirty hair. To pay more than $90 for this hotel is not a good value, and alas, I did pay more than $90.

I was thankful for a reasonably comfortable bed, a functioning hvac unit, and plenty of hot water and good water pressure the next morning.

The hallways are bright and clean, the front desk staff was incredibly friendly, and the property is well maintained... except for the funky smell in my room.

Would I stay here again? In the same situation, yes. Not in the same situation? Only if I could get a rate less than $60 through Priceline or another avenue.

Overall, a decent property though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room larger than a walk in closet!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My family stayed here in the middle of April for a semi-family reunion, in what we locals call "The Valley". We spent two days here and appreciated the service we received. Tony our hotel clerk was so accommodating to my family. He ensured we had plenty of towels,was aware of the breakfast hours, and the location of the smoking gazebo. The two rooms we had were so spacious! We had plenty of room to entertain our family from the valley and out of towers! The location of the hotel was wonderful and provided easy access from the highway 51. We enjoyed our two day stay at the Inn. The hotel location, breakfast bar, cleanliness, and the service was excellent! I recommend if you are here for family or business, best place to stay!

Room Tip: No restaurant on location but breakfast bar is excellent! Room by the gazebo are quieter!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
Clarion Inn Belle Vernon
#6 of 6 in Belle Vernon
#4 of 8 in New Stanton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!