“Belle Vernon Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Belle Vernon
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Portland, Oregon
“Belle Vernon Hampton Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is convenient to BV, the surrounding area and I-70. It is also convenient to nearby shopping e.g. WalMart, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful. It meets or exceeds the normal excellent quality of Hampton Inns. I always stay here when I visit BV.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Harry T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bloomington, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed over night here on June 5th on our way out to the east coast. I always try to get a room on the top floor to reduce noise from the rooms above. Well this time it was a problem with the noise from the room next to us.

I will start with the good stuff. The hotel itself is very nice. Very clean and well kept. Breakfast was very good and the staff was very nice and friendly. It was your basic Hampton Inn Experience. You know what you are getting.

As for our bad experience. We were startled awake at about midnight from the room next to us. There was an obvious domestic dispute going on in there. Yelling, people getting pushed into walls and even things breaking. This portion did not last long, but I listened to loud talking and door slamming until about 4am. With having to drive several more hours the next day, I was not to happy with the lack of rest.

I did call the front desk when the initial incident happened, but not one answered the phone. I figured that they were talking to someone else about it or upstairs taking care of the problem.

I understand that these hotels are not built to cancel all sound, but I shouldn't have to listen to it all hours of the night. I can't imagine that I was the only one to hear this and why they weren't asked to leave.

Like I said, this hotel is nice and from looking at the reviews, this was probably just an isolated incident. It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JamaicaSun27
Caldwell, ID, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent Hotel, accomodations are as advertised, amenities are all in place and operational. Staff is awesome, service oriented and ready to help! Rooms aheva wesome pillows and a excellent shower, those two make my day everytime I travel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Ivar P B
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great hotel. Have stayed here many times and will continue to go back. The staff is really nice and helpful especially the woman who works in the evenings (April) who always makes you feel better even after a long crummy day.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ewirthy
Columbia, Pa., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was very clean. Sll staff that we came in contact with extremely pleasant and helpful. We had three rooms and they were all together and the young man at front desk (Ben) was very customer service minded.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Warren, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were in the area for the CalU graduation, and didn't check in until early evening on Friday. The employee at the front desk was friendly and courteous, and got us processed quickly and up to our room. The lobby/dining area was nice, and appeared to be newly renovated. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and the hallway was not nearly as attractive as the lobby. I'm not sure if this hallway was next on the renovation list, or if it had been renovated a few years prior to the lobby, but it didn't look quite as new.

Upon entering the room, we found it to be quite spacious. There was a large desk/chair, fold out couch and coffee table, a 32 inch TV on a small stand and a small dresser. The furniture actually appeared a bit sparse for the size of the room, but the majority of the furniture was tasteful and looked quite new.

Except for the couch! The couch was just AWFUL! It looked like something that you could find at Big Lots or Ollie's Outlet, and as if that wasn't bad enough, it had numerous stains and one of the arms was frayed and a 6 inch piece of foam was sticking out.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was nice. I really enjoyed the fact that the room had a large shower with glass doors; no tub, and the water pressure was adequate. Overall the room was clean.

The HVAC unit was a complete disaster! I hope this is the case for only our room, because the unit looked new, and if every room has an HVAC unit that functions as this one, Hampton should be embarrassed. During the night, whenever the air conditioning kicked on, it sounded like a fight plane taking off from an aircraft carrier. Unfortunately, when the unit shut down periodically, we were able to hear the folks in the next room, because the walls don't appear to be up to Hampton standards.

Breakfast was typical for a Hampton Inn with pre-prepared cheese omelets, bacon, and a good variety of breads and cold items.

I considered rating this hotel a 2 instead of a 3, mainly because it was a bit pricey for a "3 star" hotel with the couple of problems we encountered. But... I kept this review at a 3, mainly due to the cleanliness, friendliness of the girl who greeted us on arrival, and the fact that this is still a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Parksy52
Belle Vernon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was the first pace we stayed as a married couple! Loved it! The room was great and the price was very reasonable. The breakfast was very good and the location of the hotel was near so many things. The overall experience could not be beat!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Holiday Inn Express Bentleyville

Been to Hampton Inn Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!