“Hotel was great!”

Hampton Inn Belle Vernon
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Belle Vernon
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Belle Vernon PA was very enjoyable. We stay there when we are back home visiting family. It serves as a great "home away from home"! Always clean, friendly, and the breakfast is yummy and appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonBVGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Belle Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your most recent review about the Hampton Inn-Belle Vernon. We are happy you had a pleasant and uneventful stay. Our goal is to have our guest leave here with memorable thoughts of ths hotel.

Again thank you for the review.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived, there was a large group of teens in the lobby who were pretty noisy. We walked to the front desk, no one was there and there was no bell. We went to get a cup of coffee whale weer waited, it was either cold or empty. After a few minutes someone came and checked us in. The carpet was a bit soiled, but the bathroom was a bit worse. Cracked shower and floor tile. Also, you could not change the shower head to change the water pressure, making it nearly impossible to get shampoo or if your hair. Breakfast was okay. I've definitely stayed at better Hampton inns. The staff didn't seem overly happy to be there, with the exception of the girl in housekeeping.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RPVTravelmore
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Since Hampton is our default hotel when we are on the road, it is typical. But in this case we were about 50 miles from home.
Breakfast was better than average for a Hampton.
Room was as expected
Odd however: The front desk was mostly unmanned.
Had to shout and wait 5 minutes before anyone came. Same at other times.
In the morning at checkout it was OK. But not at check in when you would think they would have someone there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here while in town for work. Location is convenient. I arrived late, but front desk staff person was friendly. When I checked out, the front desk person assisted me with some directions-was very helpful. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare. Room was clean and quiet. I would stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Returning from Maryland to Ohio....and hit severe weather conditions. Looked for & found COMFORT INN which was conveniently located to eating establishments. Bedding was oh so good! Quality comfort and cleanliness much expected and appreciated. Once again.... professional & courteous service with a better than expected breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HansLudwig2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is convenient to BV, the surrounding area and I-70. It is also convenient to nearby shopping e.g. WalMart, etc. The staff is friendly and helpful. It meets or exceeds the normal excellent quality of Hampton Inns. I always stay here when I visit BV.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Harry T
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed over night here on June 5th on our way out to the east coast. I always try to get a room on the top floor to reduce noise from the rooms above. Well this time it was a problem with the noise from the room next to us.

I will start with the good stuff. The hotel itself is very nice. Very clean and well kept. Breakfast was very good and the staff was very nice and friendly. It was your basic Hampton Inn Experience. You know what you are getting.

As for our bad experience. We were startled awake at about midnight from the room next to us. There was an obvious domestic dispute going on in there. Yelling, people getting pushed into walls and even things breaking. This portion did not last long, but I listened to loud talking and door slamming until about 4am. With having to drive several more hours the next day, I was not to happy with the lack of rest.

I did call the front desk when the initial incident happened, but not one answered the phone. I figured that they were talking to someone else about it or upstairs taking care of the problem.

I understand that these hotels are not built to cancel all sound, but I shouldn't have to listen to it all hours of the night. I can't imagine that I was the only one to hear this and why they weren't asked to leave.

Like I said, this hotel is nice and from looking at the reviews, this was probably just an isolated incident. It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Best Western Garden Inn
Best Western Garden Inn
#1 of 2 in Bentleyville
Hampton Inn & Suites California University - Pittsburgh

Been to Hampton Inn Belle Vernon? Share your experiences!