“Great atmosphere!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were staying in Bellefonte, PA recently on a fishing trip and ate at the Governor's Pub. The service and food were excellent. Plus, the atmosphere was great with live music and a trivia contest.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ate here on a Monday night before a PSU concert. The place was not very crowded. The service was good and the ambiance and location were nice. The food was OK, which was kind of a disappointment. I had a marinated chicken sandwich topped with smoke Gouda. For being marinated, I expected more flavor in the chicken. I also expected the cheese to be melted, but it wasn't. The roll was pretty good however, with a nice crispy crust. The best part of the meal was the french fries, they were quite original and tasty. Overall a pleasant meal. I'd certainly go back and give them another shot.

1  Thank FishmanPA60
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had the Cajun salmon and it was so good!!! Waiter was helpful and kind! The atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We love coming here for the yummy food & nice atmosphere. Also, we enjoy patronizing local establishments. This place is worth your time & money. They make a fab reuben, the Daniel Hastings Stacker is my favorite sandwich but IMO their fries are phenomenal! They are coated with salt, pepper & thyme - oh my! Today we tried their reuben bites which are terrific! They were not what we were expecting which was tiny bite sized reuben sandwiches. Instead. they were fried savory balls of corned beef & sauerkraut - a lovely surprise! My husband got their steak salad which, sadly, was a teeny bit disappointing. The thickness of the steak was nice, bigger than on a usual steak salad but could have been more actual salad and veggies. I like their evening specials and the homemade sauerkraut is a must try! Thanks so much! We'll be back : )

1  Thank aquanetta63
TheGovernorsPub, Manager at The Governor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

It’s nice to hear reviews from our local patrons. We’re glad that you were happy with our food. We will take a look at our Steak Salad and make sure the item is prepared properly. We love to cook, and take pride in serving top quality products. That’s why we grow and brine our own sauerkraut. Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hard to choose between all the different appetizers. Not your typical ones. My husband LOVED the mussels. We shared the Reuben bites, which were good as well. Took several "bites" home so we could be sure we could eat our sandwiches. We've already decided we have to return in order to try some of the other choices.

My husband had the Kielbasa sandwich and I had the Stacker sandwich (like Primanti Bros.' sandwich with FF and slaw on it). Both were served on a wonderful marble rye bread. My husband felt the ratio of bread to Kielbasa was a little too much (could have been a larger piece of Kielbasa). I took half of my Stacker home. It was great. We both liked the French fries. They were lightly seasoned; had us guessing. Perhaps some Rosemary???? Would definitely get them again.

We shared a chocolate triple layer cake with peanut butter filling. Delicious. Had to take some of that home as well, along with a piece of cheesecake.

The only disappointment for us was they DIDN'T include our drinks toward the $45 needed to spend to use our Restaurant.com certificate. This is the first establishment that did that. Every other restaurant we have used theses certificates at DID include our drinks. The certificate gave us $25 off our meals if we spent a minimum of $45. Many other restaurants only require $37.50 for the $25 off, and they count the cost of drinks. In spite of this, I'm sure we will return, but we will treat friends to their meals. It was a lot of food for two people to have to order in order to spend the $45 on food only.

1  Thank heydoglover

We are glad you enjoyed your meals. Our kielbasa comes from a little Polish Deli in New York. We appreciate the review and will look at the sandwich you described. On your next visit, please inform the Manager on your concerns with the Restaurant.com Certificate. We would be happy to rectify any problems.