“Expensive for a Basic Room with Dated Furnishing”
Review of Econo Lodge Motel

Econo Lodge Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bellefonte
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The furnishing in the room is dated and old. For the price that you pay ($74 for a king size bed room), you can probably better off staying in Sleep Inn or Quality Inn in College State which is 5-10 minutes from here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2010

I stay at the Econo Lodge throughout the Penn State football season, and wouldn't have it any other way. The staff is extremely courtious and customer service friendly. As stated in the other review, due to the friendliness of this staff I would recommend. The rooms are a good size, shower is good, and the rooms are clean. Perfect place to lay your head, get a shower, and then head out. If you are looking for a good value room to stay a weekend than this is your spot. Will definitely stay at again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2010

The Econo Lodge is a great facility for what I was looking for. Needed to head into Penn State for the weekend was looking for a great affordable place to stay that was suited for my stay and this place is fantastic. The customer service and hospitality of the Econo Lodge is top notch, excellent people. The rooms were clean, shower was hot, and the beds were comfy! I would reccomend this place to anyone looking for good value for their buck. If you are looking for a hotel that you plan on staying in the room all day and night then you may want to look elsewhere. If you are looking for a clean place to rest your head for the evening and get good customer service than this is for you. Thanks Econo Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank mlo54334
Reviewed 13 July 2010

There was nothing particularly special about this hotel. On the same note there was nothing to complain about either. The room I stayed in was adequate and clean and the hotel is only 10 miles from Penn State. My reason for giving this hotel a high ranking is because of the friendly and courteous manner in which I was addressed, which for me goes a very long way. Both woman that I encountered at the front desk went out of their way to be friendly to me and make small talk. Again that goes a long way for me as it sets the right mood for those traveling on vacation.

Also as I mentioned while there was nothing 'dazzling' about the hotel (which I did not expect anyway), the hotel was very convenient to Penn State and was adequate in quality and cleanliness. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2010

We have stayed at this motel when it was the Colony Lodge. The rooms were poor, but the price was right for a bunch of fishermen who just wanted some place to lay their head. It was a pleasure to see the remodeling that they have done. They are still not elegant but they are a much better value than they had been in the past. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank awf2fish
Reviewed 1 May 2010

At first I was not sure to book a room at this place, but I only like to stay at Econo Lodge so I decided to make the reservation. When we got there the clerk was very nice and helpfull and they were nice enough to give me a room by the office. The room was clean and comfertable as I expected from Econo Lodge. I enjoyed my stay at this Econo Lodge and will definitely come back to stay when I visit my son at Penn State University.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank money24
Reviewed 22 January 2010

The room had a strong, not slight, but very strong odor like old cheese and BO. It became intense when I turned on the vent system.

The walls looked like someone splashed coffee on them near the door. I can't believe that this was allowed to just dry hard on there.

The furniture in the room was dusty, and the phone had visible dirt on it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank RockviewVisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellefonte
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#19 of 26 in State College
#2 of 2 in Mill Hall

Been to Econo Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!