“50th Birthday Event at B&B”

Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Bellefonte B&B and Inns
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“50th Birthday Event at B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I wanted to let all know of the fabulous 50th birthday celebration I had at the Reynold Mansion Bed and Breakfast this past week. I arrived on the 14th to have a massage with Lisa ,owner of Cloud 9 Therapeutic Massage Studio. She has a wonderful room in the B&B. I found the experience very relaxing and her skills in massage outstanding. I highly recommend booking a session while staying overnight for an added experience to your stay at the B&B. I had chosen the Trophy Room (just down the hall from the massage room). My sister Liz and my husband had been in contact with Mike and Tricia to make arrangements for the wine, gift certificate to the Gamble Mill (great restaurant in Bellefonte) and the flowers to be in my room upon my arrival. They were along with a beautiful card from Mike and Tricia. I could not have had a better experience on a very special birthday. I had my one wish granted which was to have my husband with me (his is an active duty PA Army National Guardsman and usually unable to come on my regular visits to the Mansion). Thank you for an outstanding visit and for your kindness on my birthday!!! Love you guys!

T Falls

Room Tip: I have stayed in several room on the second and third floor. I have found all to be comfortable. I l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our second visit to Reynolds Mansion, both times celebrating our wedding anniversary. We love Reynolds Mansion. The hosts, Mike and Tricia, are outstanding and the mansion is so beautiful. Every little touch was thought of to make one's stay enjoyable. The room was just right for a relaxing and romantic hideaway for our special day. It was a warm, inviting place to enjoy a break, just the two of us. Thank you to our hosts!
We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I visited the Reynolds Mansion over the Christmas holidays and we were absolutely blown away from beginning to end. In fact, we had such a great time staying there that we made plans to stay there again on our return trip back home. First off, Tricia and Mike were the perfect hosts. They were kind, friendly, and accommodating. Since our visits were over the Christmas holidays, the Mansion was beautifully decorated. It was like right out of a Charles Dickens novel! Obviously a lot of love and care went into it, not to mention talent! We stayed in two different rooms on each visit and both were beautiful and clean. I wanted to know a little bit about the history of the place, and both hosts were very knowledgeable. Each room had a theme and a history all their own. It was all very interesting! The town was gorgeous and quaint. Most of the restaurants were closed by 10pm so keep that in mind. Being from Chicago, we are used to being able to eat at all times of the day, but that is not the case here. Each floor of the Mansion had a Keurig coffee machine, which my husband and I particularly liked, so much so that we bought one when we got home! As for the breakfast, it was superb each time! I follow a vegan diet and Mike was more than accommodating. He really went above and beyond for me researching new recipes since I stayed there twice and he didn't want to make the same thing for both visits. They were delicious!
In conclusion, it was one of our best experiences in overnight stays! We now consider Tricia, Mike, and their puppies family! We hope to see them again soon!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AdelePDV
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Where do I start? My wife and I pulled into the parking lot and were immediately met at the car by The innkeeper (Tricia) and her amazing black lab Tony! NOt to worry non-dog lovers, Tony is a stud for seeing eye dogs and is as gentle and laid back as any dog i've ever met. Tricia, welcomed us like we were long lost friends just reunited.

As we entered the mansion, a feeling of pure awe took over. The 13 ft high ceilings with original woodwork everywhere, all original fireplaces and even a first floor snuggery were part of the tour! We climbed a three story staircase getting a peek at every inch of the house (except the rooms that were already booked). Tricia knew every detail of the house's history and took the time to let us in on some the history.

The house is 130 years old and LOOKS AMAZING. EVERYTHING was spotless. I didn't see a spec of dust in our suite. The JAcuzzi tub was mirror clean and the shower glass was spotless. NOt only was it clean, it smelled fresh, inviting and was extremely comfortable. The beds were from, but not stiff and no sagging in the middle!

Breakfast was prepared by Mike, her husband and chef and was a complete three courses! Dinner ware was on fine china with gold silverware. Elegance! I'll save the other details for your own discovery. Bottom line: I invite you to experience what my wife and I did. . . a weekend of comfort, tranquility, serenity and pure hospitality. --A.G., Pennsylvania.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy G
Port Jefferson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

No better way to celebrate our 25th Anniversary!! So with no delay we booked in May already!!! We can't wait to visit the best Inn Keepers and a Beautiful Mansion. A real Gem, A real wonderful place to visit!!!
The Spring shold be even nicer!!!

Totaly recomend you stop in and see Mike, Trish and Tony...

You'll love it and them!!

Room Tip: Actuall there is a room for everyone.. From the Nitany Lions Room, The New Yorker, The Game room an...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
New Windsor, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

The charm and beauty of this B&B and it's owners cannot be surpassed. We have never met nicer individuals than Mike and Tricia and their two dogs. The Mansion is just awesome with it's beautiful hardwood floors and woodwork. Mike serves the most delicious breakfast that anyone could ask for.
To top things off; I had left my scarf and didn't discover it missing until I had gotten all the way home. I called Tricia and she already had it packaged and shipped at no cost. That is service with a smile.
Basically, words cannot describe what a wonderful place Reynolds Mansion is and what nice people Mike and Tricia are. We can't wait to visit there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I spoke with the owners while they were out and about and said I wanted to book the last available room. They said it was available and that it was difficult to book on their phone, so I offered to make my reservation online to make it easier on them. I booked the room online(it was available), and received an email confirmation of my stay. A couple hours later I got an email that they took a phone reservation from someone else and it was now unavailable. WHAT? BAD BUSINESS TACTICS. Why wasn't the other party notified that their reservation wasn't valid. I would never due business with someone who behaves in this unfair/sly manner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kris R
Michael A, Owner at Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We like to learn from our reviews and we like our guests to learn from them too. I think a lesson taught here was not one in bad business practice but rather bad booking practice. A person wishing to book the last available room at any establishment on a prime weekend, SHOULD NOT do the following. Call to inquire if a room is available, tell the owner that you will book online (because you are already on the website) and then wait 5 HOURS to book the room. As in this case a phone reservation may precede you. We apologize again for this inconvenience but hope the lesson was well learned.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellefonte
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#3 of 26 in State College
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Park Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Hilton Garden Inn State College
Hilton Garden Inn State College
#2 of 26 in State College
The Queen - A Victorian Bed and Breakfast
Nature Inn at Bald Eagle

Been to Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!