“Wonderful stay with my daughter”

Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Bellefonte B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful stay with my daughter”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My daughter and I were passing through PA on our way to the East Coast a couple weeks ago. We stayed over at this wonderful place and were thoroughly delighted. Everything was immaculate and relaxing. The hosts were welcoming and showed us around the historic property. We were also greeted by the three dogs who were polite, friendly, and appreciated a good belly rub. We had the pleasure of availing ourselves of the massage services and can attest to the skill and passion of the therapist. I highly recommend booking one if you are staying here. We stayed in the New York room which was beautiful, huge, and comfortable. Breakfast was 5 stars! Again, thanks for everything and next time we pass through we will book another night. Thanks again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a get away for our Silver Anniversary. Mike and Tricia are the perfect hosts. The Mansion is a Beautiful place to get away, the rooms are wonderful..
I noticed some new updates and small upgrade changes from just a year ago... Inside and out! Mike and Tricia strive to make your vacation, visit, celebration, etc... perfect... And thank you, ours was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!
So we recommend that you stay at the mansion if you are looking for a memorable Bed and Breakfast and Hosts!!! Oh yea, forgot the Breakfast, like no other... Enjoy...

Room Tip: We stayed in the Colonel's Green room. But after the tour, they are all perfect and there is on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We just returned from 2 nights at the Reynolds Mansion. The property is stunning...the online photos do not do it justice. The woodwork and details throughout the mansion are incredible. Mike and Tricia are wonderful hosts. We even had dessert with our breakfast today...what's not to like about that! So fly fishermen and women, State College visitors and others...we highly recommend the Reynolds Mansion. We are already planning our next visit. Thanks Mike and Tricia...take good care of Tawny until we return. Georgina and Bob.

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I wanted to let all know of the fabulous 50th birthday celebration I had at the Reynold Mansion Bed and Breakfast this past week. I arrived on the 14th to have a massage with Lisa ,owner of Cloud 9 Therapeutic Massage Studio. She has a wonderful room in the B&B. I found the experience very relaxing and her skills in massage outstanding. I highly recommend booking a session while staying overnight for an added experience to your stay at the B&B. I had chosen the Trophy Room (just down the hall from the massage room). My sister Liz and my husband had been in contact with Mike and Tricia to make arrangements for the wine, gift certificate to the Gamble Mill (great restaurant in Bellefonte) and the flowers to be in my room upon my arrival. They were along with a beautiful card from Mike and Tricia. I could not have had a better experience on a very special birthday. I had my one wish granted which was to have my husband with me (his is an active duty PA Army National Guardsman and usually unable to come on my regular visits to the Mansion). Thank you for an outstanding visit and for your kindness on my birthday!!! Love you guys!

T Falls

Room Tip: I have stayed in several room on the second and third floor. I have found all to be comfortable. I l...
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our second visit to Reynolds Mansion, both times celebrating our wedding anniversary. We love Reynolds Mansion. The hosts, Mike and Tricia, are outstanding and the mansion is so beautiful. Every little touch was thought of to make one's stay enjoyable. The room was just right for a relaxing and romantic hideaway for our special day. It was a warm, inviting place to enjoy a break, just the two of us. Thank you to our hosts!
We will be back!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I visited the Reynolds Mansion over the Christmas holidays and we were absolutely blown away from beginning to end. In fact, we had such a great time staying there that we made plans to stay there again on our return trip back home. First off, Tricia and Mike were the perfect hosts. They were kind, friendly, and accommodating. Since our visits were over the Christmas holidays, the Mansion was beautifully decorated. It was like right out of a Charles Dickens novel! Obviously a lot of love and care went into it, not to mention talent! We stayed in two different rooms on each visit and both were beautiful and clean. I wanted to know a little bit about the history of the place, and both hosts were very knowledgeable. Each room had a theme and a history all their own. It was all very interesting! The town was gorgeous and quaint. Most of the restaurants were closed by 10pm so keep that in mind. Being from Chicago, we are used to being able to eat at all times of the day, but that is not the case here. Each floor of the Mansion had a Keurig coffee machine, which my husband and I particularly liked, so much so that we bought one when we got home! As for the breakfast, it was superb each time! I follow a vegan diet and Mike was more than accommodating. He really went above and beyond for me researching new recipes since I stayed there twice and he didn't want to make the same thing for both visits. They were delicious!
In conclusion, it was one of our best experiences in overnight stays! We now consider Tricia, Mike, and their puppies family! We hope to see them again soon!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AdelePDV
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Where do I start? My wife and I pulled into the parking lot and were immediately met at the car by The innkeeper (Tricia) and her amazing black lab Tony! NOt to worry non-dog lovers, Tony is a stud for seeing eye dogs and is as gentle and laid back as any dog i've ever met. Tricia, welcomed us like we were long lost friends just reunited.

As we entered the mansion, a feeling of pure awe took over. The 13 ft high ceilings with original woodwork everywhere, all original fireplaces and even a first floor snuggery were part of the tour! We climbed a three story staircase getting a peek at every inch of the house (except the rooms that were already booked). Tricia knew every detail of the house's history and took the time to let us in on some the history.

The house is 130 years old and LOOKS AMAZING. EVERYTHING was spotless. I didn't see a spec of dust in our suite. The JAcuzzi tub was mirror clean and the shower glass was spotless. NOt only was it clean, it smelled fresh, inviting and was extremely comfortable. The beds were from, but not stiff and no sagging in the middle!

Breakfast was prepared by Mike, her husband and chef and was a complete three courses! Dinner ware was on fine china with gold silverware. Elegance! I'll save the other details for your own discovery. Bottom line: I invite you to experience what my wife and I did. . . a weekend of comfort, tranquility, serenity and pure hospitality. --A.G., Pennsylvania.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andy G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellefonte
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#4 of 26 in State College
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Milesburg
Hilton Garden Inn State College
Hilton Garden Inn State College
#2 of 26 in State College
Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Lamar

Been to Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!