“Lunch time stop, first and last time.”
Review of Abe's Cafe

Abe's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: American
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Lunch time stop, first and last time.”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

There were 5 of us, 3 adults and two kids. We stopped in at 11 for lunch. One couple was leaving and it was just us until another couple arrived... Making a total of 7 patrons. The menu was limited and they have no official childrens menu but offer to make the kids a pb&j , grilled cheese, and grilled chicken sandwich. But they charge what they charge for the rest of their over priced items. There was mustard on the turkey club... Which the person who ordered didn't know and has allergies to. The burgers were bland and boiled... No taste at all. No tomatoes or onion on the burger.. Literally a dinky piece of lettuce. I especially like eating the nasty burger to find a hair stuck to the plate under my burger. You don't get fries but you do get chips... Not homemade either. Drink order was messed up and she never realized it ... No coffee was made... It wasn't busy and yet you would've thought it was Waffle House after the bars let out. Which I would choose Waffle House over this place anyway... Drive on down the road a little bit, there is another little cafe by an optometrist... They were packed!! And I wished we would've stopped there!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Megan C

State College, Pennsylvania
“Crab Cake Perfection!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I LOVE crab cakes and tend to order them whenever/wherever I find them on the menu. Most of the time I get let down...not much crab, too much filler, skimpy overall. Well, not at Abe's Cafe in Belleville, PA. The crab cake today was sheer perfection...huge, homemade, perfectly seasoned and cooked, served with a delicious homemade tartar sauce AND crisp, golden brown, hand cut fries!!!!!!!!! Best crab cake I have ever had. The iced tea is homemade, clear, and refreshing. The old timey looking cafe was spotlessly clean, as was the ladies room.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Christy M
Central Pennsylvania
“Surprise: gourmet food in a rural setting”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

During the day, this is the kind of coffee shop you would expect to find in a small rural community--burgers and sandwiches. On Friday, however, the cook becomes a chef! Call ahead since the menu is limited, but you won't be disappointed. We had mahi Mahi fish tacos with a wonderful airy breading and mango salsa, which was also featured on pork loin rolled in Cajun seasoning. I'm told that the crab cakes are worth a trip from the shore!

7 Thank amosesq