“nice stay would come back again glady”

Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
richmond, va
“nice stay would come back again glady”
Reviewed 26 March 2008

i was traveling through the area and this hotel was reserved for me by my company. came up and was an easy place to find. i came in and the lobby look nice. the people behind the desk were very friendly. as i came to my room and it was nice. the room was clean had a good internet connection, and had a peaceful night sleep. i woke up went down to the restaurant had breakfast and was on my way. overall i had a great stay, has a great location and the staff is nice and courtous.

• Liked — very clean, and kind staff
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2008

A friend booked this hotel for us, so, I did not have any control over it. I didnt read anything about this hotel before going here, incase he picked a bad one. Easy to find hotel, arrived, and the desk already knew who we were, and what kind of room we had. They gave us a complementary bag of goodies and a free drink at there bar. They were VERY nice and made us feel at home. Our room was nice. You can tell, the hotel was old, in age. Ive read people complain about no elevator... its only 2 floors, and, if your handicapped, you can easily ask for a room near the door on the first floor. The layout was a very old style, nothing like current hotels. The carpeting was brand new and very soft and cushiony. Room itself was not huge, but, not real small. We had a 2 bed room, that came with a really nice chair, and a computer area with computer chair. Large closet, ok sized bathroom, and decent sized tv. Plenty of tv channels (4 ESPN channels) HBO and others. Beds were GREAT, tons of pillows. Bathroom had all the goodies we needed for a stay, but, no exhaust fan to get rid of smells and fog from the shower, oddly enough. VERY nice shower! Fairly quiet hotel overall, offers a late checkout, and FREE internet that was very easy to connect to and very fast. For the price ($90 a night at 2 nights with 2 people, 2 beds) i was very pleased, and, will go back again. We did not try the bar and resteraunt, so, I cannot comment. From The hotel to the center of philly took us 30 min, to the city limits was about 15 minutes. Easy road access. Overall, Id rate it a A-.

• Liked — Bedding
  • Disliked — No exaust fan in the bathroom
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 February 2008

we went to holiday inn and this hotel is very clean and nice. the staff was very nice and my kids had a wonderful time. we liked it very much. this place is good and i want to thank the staff for being so nice.

• Liked — the room was clean
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Long Island
Reviewed 28 August 2007

There was nothing really "good" to write about this hotel. The pool seems nice but not heated so it was freezing. It also closed at 9pm. The restaurant Rachel's was a complete joke. People in our party left before getting their meals because it was taking so long (over 2 hours). This was after a day at Sesame with a bunch of 2 year olds! The room was clean but a bit musty smelling. There was no elevator. The hallways smelled of cleaning fluids. And that's pretty much it!

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank newyorkerlongisland
Connecticut
Reviewed 27 August 2007

My wife & I wanted to take our kids to Sesame Place and also see Philadelphia. The Holiday Inn in Bensalem is the perfect location--just minutes away from Sesame and from a few different 'light rail' stations that take you into Philly.

I admit I was nervous, because I checked out this site and a few others were people were saying bad things about it. I'm so glad I didn't cancel/switch my reservation!

We stayed in one of the suites ($160 with AAA discount) where kids slept in a separate room. The decor was nice and contemporary and the room was clean/great housekeeping. The suite had a nice jacuzzi too!

There were also loads of restaurants within a 2-minute drive and a big convenience store/deli right next door to the hotel. So the location was great, and the price was reasonable. Regular rooms with AAA were $99.

The only thing that wasn't perfect was that our shower leaked a bit and we needed to wipe up the water with a towel. And, another family we were with who stayed in a regular room had problems with their refridgerator (didn't work), but otherwise they really liked their room too. I also used the outdoor pool which was nice.

As I mentioned, I've seen a lot of people say negative things about this hotel. Is it the Four Seasons? No, but then, you shouldn't expect it to be. IIt's a decent hotel and it totally fit our needs for a 3-night stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Liked — Convenience to Sesame Place, train to Philadelphia, proximity to many restaurants, jacuzzi in suite!
  • Disliked — Shower leaked, so floor was wet after every shower (no big deal, we had plenty of towels!)
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank Kyliefan
Bergen Co.
Reviewed 7 August 2007

Sesame Place Bound!!!!
We stayed here last summer, too....
First off.... You MUST pick up the "room Saver" coupon mag at a rest stop..... instead of paying the going rate ($170 OR SO) we paid $92.... our bill at checkout for one nite was !100.25. GOOD STUFF!!!
Yeah- the special room rate was perfect for our family of 4.... two queen beds & room for the pack & play.... ice maker & the POOL!
Our 5 yr old LOVED THE POOL.... it was Great!!!!! (closes @ 9pm, I think) The staff was SO nice & very friendly. (Mary @ front desk was a GEM!)
Room had a funky smell.... not gross, or unclean... but a bit musty.
Bath was ok.... had to mess w/ the plunger thing for a few minutes to make sure the tub filled.
NO ELEVATOR at this hotel.... so be warned....

But- we got our $$$$ worth. I really think $100 for one nite was a great rate. The pool (& the little baby pool) were HUGE bonuses.

You HAVE TO get the "room saver" coupon mag at the rest areas on the way..... we booked as "walk ins." Before you go... Call the desk & ask them what booking looks like for your dates....
I did.... & they told us to try & wing it w/ the "walk in" coupon..... I'm glad we did!!!

They let us check in at 9am (EARLY!!!) for no extra charge.

I recommend this one. At $100 how can you go wrong!?!?!

3 Thank Mk_from_NJ
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We actually did not stay at this hotel, choosing a local suites motel instead; however, my colleague and his family did stay here and we spent most of our time at this hotel. My experience with the hotel stems from our decision to eat dinner at Rachel's, the hotel restaurant. With the kids and adults, we were a 9-top, making it difficult to find a place for dinner on a Saturday night so we opted to eat at the hotel restaurant, which was completely empty. Although the kids meals were served relatively quickly, the appetizers (simple chicken wings) took 30 minutes. After almost two hours in the restaurant, though, we still had not yet received our main meals. I felt as if I was sitting through a "Hell's Kitchen" dining experience. Two other parties (couples) then entered the restaurant and BOTH were served their main meal before we received ours. Further, during this entire 2 hour period, our server barely even approached our table! When I finally complained, the server popped off that "Maybe your food isn't cooked yet." Noticing that I was ready to really become angry at the sarcastic remark, the manager quickly interceded and sent the server to the kitchen, comping our meal and agreeing to send it directly to the room, as we had hoped to get the kids one last dip in the pool before bedtime but after a 2 hour wait for our meals, we were running out of time. Of course, when we took the kids to the pool while awaiting the room service delivery of our food, we learned that the lifeguard had decided to close the pool 10 minutes early so there would be no chance for the kids to swim. Then, when our food was received, it was evident that 3 of the 5 adult meals (Philly Steak Sandwich, fried chicken, french fries were as tasty as petrified wood, etc.) had been sitting under a warmer for a VERY LONG time, making them wholly inedible. The other meal (chicken stir fry) appeared to be hot, as if this meal had been forgotten and quickly cooked to catch up with the other food to be delivered as fast as possible because we had complained. My colleague then went to the front desk to further complain about the attitude from the life guard and the dining experience and was abruptly informed that there was nothing further the hotel could do because he purchased the room via Expedia. Furthermore, "We did comp your meal" -- never acknowledging that a free, inedible meal doesn't really solve the problem. Shortly thereafter, my wife came down with what was clearly a bout of food poisoning, furthering my belief that the chicken in her stir fry was never really cooked and was only flashed, giving it the appearance that the meal had been cooked without taking the extra time to thoroughly cook it. Quite frankly, although I did not stay here, I can strongly advise that the staff was very unhelpful and unwilling to rectify a situation that they themselves caused, patting themselves on the back for giving us free food which my dogs wouldn't have eaten, and as for the restaurant, you're better off visiting Hooters across the street.

• Disliked — Attitude of employees; Awful dining experience
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank tinabtw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel? Share your experiences!