Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
US$99
US$69
ComfortInn
Agoda.com
All reviewsdunkin donutsbest westernskiddie poolawesome stayfree breakfasthot breakfastan overnight stayhot tubwafflesstreet roadlobby areafront desk personcleaning staffclean hotelparx casinocomfortable staymini fridge
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I recently stayed here with my husband and our dog. The stay was good, staff was excellent and everything was very clean. Best water pressure of any place I have ever stayed! If you like a firm bed...stay here! I personally do not, but the bedding was comfy and it was only for one night. The bathroom was extremely small. You have to walk in and around the door to close it and be able to sit on the toilet. The location was good, close to shopping, dining, ect. There were multiple entrances which was convienent,but made me feel like I was staying in a motel vs a hotel. I could have reached my room from the main lobby but would have had to walk all the way around to the other side of the building. There was coin operated laundry which was nice to know. Check in and check out was very quick and seemless. No major complaints. If I was staying for more than 3 or so days....not too sure I could have handled that bed. Maybe I would suggest a mattress pad?

Room Tip: we chose a King NS and had plenty of space.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nicmorton
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Was pleasantly surprised with accommodations. Had a room on the first floor with 2 beds. Stayed for 3 nights during Hurricane Sandy. The property had a small restuarant which was great. The electric was was out on Street Road, but we had electric and a restaurant. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: It was close to the Parx Casino, but you couldn't walk to it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here while visiting family. Staff was very friendly and helpful; I reserved a smoking room and there were no ashtrays so we went to the office and they provided us with a few ashtrays so that we would not need to carry the same ashtray around the room. Secondly, we asked for additional coffee supplies in the room. The staff provided us with more coffee and condiments than we knew what to do with, but they were there, just in case.

The room was very clean and comfortable. Even though the pool was open, we did not hear all the activity out there. Will definitely stay there again.

This hotel is also very close to PARX Casino.

Room Tip: I believe they are all good rooms..Very soundproof
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Margie R
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Went to Bensalem for new grandson's Christening. Stayed two nights. First night there was an issue with our bed being damp..... actually wet at the base of the bed.

One call to front desk and we were very graciously moved to another room across the hall, and given a discount for our troubles.

The facility was immaculate, Wonderful free WIFI for our computers and very fresh and clean. Would highly recommend

Room Tip: No children involved so Terrible is not a good indication and also did not use the SPA
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We spent 2 nights in this hotel over the past Columbus Day weekend. Hotel is an older property but seems to be maintained pretty well. Our room had 2 double beds, desk with office chair, sitting chair with Ottoman, flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. Room was very clean, room smelled of air freshener when we entered the room. Bed quality could have been better; we like to sleep on firm mattresses and these were not firm, they were quite soft. In fact, the bed shook anytime either one of us moved on it or turned.
We ate dinner one night at the hotel restaurant and it was a fiasco. We waited forever for the food and when it arrived, it was not very good. For one of my sides, i was served a plate of broccoli which was burnt, i asked waitress if they always served their broccoli charred, and to my surprise she answered "yes". Waitress did not offer to take it back or exchange for another item, she also never bothered to ask us if we enjoyed the food or if everything was ok. There are a number of restaurants located on Street Road that are a short drive from the hotel so I would recommend skipping the restaurant and eating elsewhere. Hotel is about 25 minute drive away from Center City Philadelphia.
Overall, this is not a fancy hotel but it was decent and it was definitely more affordable than similar options in Center City Philly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Jgrillone, Manager at Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for your review from your previous experience with us and thank you for noticing the work we do put into the hotel to keep it maintained. I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had in our restaurant. I have made the restaurant manager aware of this so we don't give this kind of experience again. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us again and give our restaurant another chance.