“Came in on a voucher.”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Came in on a voucher.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

It stormed so badly that my power was out. I had a voucher to stay at the formerly owned Hampton Inn. The lady at the front desk at the Holiday Inn Kate E. got approval from the manager and I was able to stay. The voucher was a little old but Holiday Inn honored it! The room was very nice which I wasn't expecting since I was getting a freebie. I was also treated like a paying customer. I had the gall to ask for a late checkout and not only was that granted but she gave me an extra hour to be on the safe side due to the planned activities in the hotel the next day. I recommend this hotel. My experience was excellent!

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor and half way down the hall. I didn't have to walk far which was a p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed there this weekend after reading some bad reviews I was extremely nervous until I saw the room. Our room was recently remodeled and extremely clean. The lady at the front desk during check in was very helpful and told me the best place to park so our walk to our room wouldn't be too far. Our only complaint is about the restaurant in the hotel we ate there the first morning we ordered very basic foods pancakes, oatmeal, and a bagel our wait was a total of 45 mins before we got our food it made for an unhappy start to our day with 2 little ones. Also the first high chair we were giving was broken and had screws sticking out of it the replacement wasn't much better the back was broken. Our last morning we decided to try breakfast again cause we had a little more time to spare. It was us and one other table we decided we would keep it simple again this time both kids got yougurt and fruit and my husband and I got a bagel after waiting 25 mins I asked the waitress if she knew how long it would be she explained the kitchen was backed up I asked how that was possible there were only a few of there she said cause of room service. I asked her if she could at least grab the kids yogurt it was another 25 mins before we saw her again well our quick breakfast turned into an hour and 10mins then I had to hunt the waitress's down to pay the bill. I would recommend staying in the hotel but would recommend eating somewhere else ... Dunkin donuts is across the parking lot

• Stayed June 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was without a doubt the worst experience I have ever had. I was recently released from the hospital with pneumonia which was caused by water damage and mold in my house. My insurance company put me up in a hotel while repairs were being performed. I am a handicapped veteran and a USAA Member. The manager named Marina put me into a smoking room on the second floor in a hotel with no elevator. I had to call USAA to get me into a room that was on the first floor and non-smoking. This after I called the front desk to inform her of the mistake. She put me on hold and never picked the phone back up. They then extended my stay from two to four days. I called this morning to insure that my key would be renewed so I could get back into my room. When I went back this evening to take my medication the key didn't work after calling to be sure it would. I went to the front desk and she was there again and proceeded to give me a battle which ended with her telling me the hotel was booked for the night and my reservation wouldn't now be renewed. She basically threw me out in the street and then had the gall to try to charge my insurance company for another night.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROPERTY.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MIannucci
HolidayInnBensalem, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt inconvenienced during your stay but I can assure you that was not our intent. When the insurance company booked your room they only booked for 2 nights, in a standard non guaranteed room. This means they are booking a room for you but not guaranteeing the rooms size or smoking preference. Unfortunately we were sold out for the time you were here and only had smoking rooms available to put you in, but once a non smoking room became available the front desk did make it possible to switch your room. I am sorry that you were told your key would work for you, I apologize you should have been told to come to the front desk to get it checked just to be safe and this will be brought to the front desks attention. The reason that you were asked to leave our hotel was because the insurance company did not send authorization for the additional nights and you were asked to leave because of the profanity that was used when you called the staff a C Word & told her that you would punch her if she was guy. While we do value all of our guests, we are unable to have guests stay here that act that way and we do not want our employees to feel like they are in any type of danger.
ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel about 1/2 hour from Philadelphia (got it through priceline). Nothing fancy, nice quite place to spend the night. Dunkin donuts right next door. Didn't try the restaurants onsite.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear tp2009,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you liked our hotel. However, we apologize that we do not have anything fancy to offer. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions seriously so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Once again, we thank you for your comment.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Smells. Light switches didn't work. No lock on bathroom door. Beds were supposed to be queens and instead we have double beds. Refused to switch us to a different room. After messing up bed type they wanted to charge extra for a rollaway. Pool is empty in 80 degree weather. Fitness center has broken equipment. One word describes it all 'Ewww'

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank eroburn
HolidayInnBensalem, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay. Our hotel does not have queen size beds, we only have rooms with two full size beds or a King, so we wouldn't have been able to switch you to a queen sized bed room & our pool is only open seasonally (Memorial Day-Labor Day) which is stated on our website. I'm sorry for any inconvenience you may have occurred while staying with us & I can assure you that these issues your review has been brought to the managements attention.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The staff here is very friendly and the hotel was very clean and modern. The room was a decent size and the bathroom shower had good water pressure and was of adequate size. The lobby was small but did offer free coffee and several free news papers. The lobby had some comfortable couches and chairs and there was a big screen TV with CNN on. There is a restaurant on the premises and the staff was friendly as well. There is also a Dunkin Donuts just a few steps from the front door. My only complaint was that there was a loud "humming noise" coming from the in room refrigerator. I unplugged the appliance and notified the front desk. All in all I had a pleasant stay and was satisfied with the property and staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
York Haven
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This location and old Holiday Inn is just okay for an overnight stay, but would not recommend for more than one night. The restaurant is very very small, with little to choose for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It would be better to go to one of the local diners near by. The rooms are small, old and outdated. We had to be moved because the first room the heat did not work, the second room was much nicer and we had heat in a snow storm! If you check into this hotel it will be typical of the old Holiday Inn's that one used to stay throughout the US. It is just okay… no more no less.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear cruizn302,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience over the previous room's heater. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel? Share your experiences!