“Great Place for Rothman Visitors”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem
Bernville, Pennsylvania
“Great Place for Rothman Visitors”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is the perfect place for a stay while someone's at the Rothman Specialty Hospital. It's a three minute walk across a field to the hospital. The room is well equipped and clean. This is not a resort, but a very functional, cost-effective place to be while someone's recovering from surgery. The staff couldn't be nicer or more flexible.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a large group in town for a sporting event at the end of June 2013. It was a decent stay for our purpose since we were out of the room most of the time. We slept well, and the beds were comfortable enough. It was in a location that was close to groceries, restaurants.

The rooms were decently sized. However, they were actually kind of tight to be accommodating 4 adults. I thought the beds were supposed to be queens when we booked. But, i think they were actually full sized beds in this room. They seemed pretty small. There was enough space in the kitchen area, but storage for 4 adults with travel bags was not all that plenty. Additionally, the bathroom seemed pretty small as well.

It was relatively clean. However, there was randomly a super strong floral deodorizer scent in the kitchen area. Mostly noticed it when coming back into the room from being outside.

We were in room 203. The area between the kitchen tiles & carpeted area was a bit rough / torn up. Actually, on the first day, I stepped a carpet tack sticking up in that area while not wearing shoes. Ouch! From that point on, I was careful to avoid that spot or be sure I was wearing shoes.

Several in our party were on the 3rd floor. They were awakened at around 7:30am on a Saturday morning with construction on the roof of the property. We held a group meeting in one of the 3rd floor rooms and it was super loud with the hammering on the roof. I could only imagine how it might be to try to sleep through that. I think there may have been some sort of comp offered for the inconvenience but I wasn't in one of those rooms, so not certain. I did get knocked down by the scent of cigarette smoke immediately entering the 3rd floor to visit our friends though. I didn't notice the smell on the 2nd floor, but it was rough up there.

There was grab and go breakfast with granola bars, oatmeal, muffins...but it was put away pretty early. I think it was only up from 6:30 - 8:30.

Went to the front desk a couple of times to get change & towels. All employees that I encountered were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I would recommend the 2nd floor if there is roof construction still going on. Also, if you're a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that when you arrived we were in the middle of replacing our roof. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I am aware that your team stays with us each year. I wanted you to know that when you make reservations for next year we will be fully renovated and you will not experience any of the problems which occurred during your stay in June. As stated in your review, we did comp 4 nights during your stay, for members of your team for the inconvenience. I also wanted to let you know that our grab-and-go breakfast is available from 6am to 9:30am, 7 days a week.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at pbl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

nice place threat people with respect ...
only hotel in pa for me....as of this year ...I would tell all my friends about....they treat you how you need to be treated ...the best best place for me and my family ...as of right now
...Ms R...Howard ..

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. As well, I am glad that you found our staff to be so helpful and friendly, especially John.

Greenbackville, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I picked this hotel because of it's high ratings. For the price it was not what I expected. Specifically there were dirt spots on the floor, the bath tub was dirty and the bathroom sink was slow draining.
Aside from that the room was comfortable and well equiped.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 6907Pete
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Pete - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that the entire team is striving to improve our processes in order to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pbl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Bladensburg, Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Nothing spectacular about the room. It was pretty basic. The bathroom was tiny. two people in the bathroom at the same time was not possible. We were only there overnight so the kitchenette was not of any use to us, but I guess if my stay was longer it would be a plus.

The front desk staff was outstanding! Very personable were Jay and John. Based on their customer service alone I would have probably tried out the facility.

I don't think it is worth the normal nightly rate advertised, but lucky for us, we booked the room under a casino discount. The savings was great.

Based on my experience I would probably try it again (as long as I pay what I paid this weekend)

Room Tip: Just because the room is non-smoking doesn't mean the hallways don't reek of smoke.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had a few issues at our hotel. To uphold our company's high standards, we will strive to improve our processes and offerings. Still, I am very glad to hear that our front desk staff was outstanding, especially Jay and John.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at pbl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

this is my third stay at extended stay america. this one in bensalem is by far the worst of all. the room is very dirty and no room service (they have it once a week). everything is dated. the bathroom is so dirty and tiny, i do not want to put my feet in.the breakfast is a joke (muffin is the only thing available). tripadvisor, please investigate all 5 star ratings. i have serious dout about them after living here 3 nights.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Peng - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Regardless, I can assure you that the reviews posted to our TripAdvisor's property page are all valid and written by actual guests. We are extremely proud to be recognized for our hard work and great customer service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pbl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Again I apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay.
Skokie, Illinois
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I made reservations for this hotel by mistake and was very upset. (Used wrong button on Priceline.com web site). When my wife and I arrived at hotel I was very pleased with clean room, clean bathroom and a very quiet area (it is the most important for me). Front desk people were very friendly and helpful.
I feel this hotel is underrated(2*),maybe because of weekly housekeeping, but who changes sheets every night?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Len - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and truly enjoyed your clean, quiet room. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you and your Wife visit with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem? Share your experiences!