“I Love Staying At ESA In Bensalem”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem
Reviewed 16 August 2013

From the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted by friendly, smiling, courteous and helpful people. The maintenance man, Michael, and all the housekeeping personnel are personable and helpful. While it is true that, unless you are staying a week or more, the rooms are not cleaned every day unless you sign up for daily service, for a small fee, but you can bring your soiled towels and/or sheets downstairs and the staff at the front desk will gladly provide you with clean linens. I find the trash rooms conveniently located and have no problem taking out my own trash. Part of the third floor has smoking rooms and if you really dislike the smell of cigarette smoke you should request the first or second floor. I stopped smoking a few months ago and yet I still prefer to be on the third floor so it is just a matter of preference, in my opinion. I spent 6-1/2 weeks at ESA Bensalem and I enjoyed each and every day. Also, they will be do more renovations at the end of this year and I am anxious to see the improvements they are planning. I would suggest that if you are not making your reservations via telephone, as many people go thru different Internet sites to reserve their rooms, that you call ahead to verify your room preferences and I am sure one of very friendly staff members will be more than happy to assist you; just let them know how you made your reservations and verify that your preferences are correct. Their location is excellent inasmuch as practically anything you need or want is close by, they are right across the street of the Parx Casino and there are a great many places to eat, no matter what type of dining interests you.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that they have rooms that have double beds, rooms that have a queen size bed and r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the entire hotel. When I was reading this, I thought we should make you a spokesperson for ESA. We all love having you stay with us each and every year and look forward to your next visit. We are all looking forward to the renovations this year, and when you return we will be even better than you described!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

First we were given a room that wasn't clean. They moved us without a problem. Then the second room smelled. We spent the first night trying to air out the room. The second night I asked for Frebreeze and was given it and told that he thought the smell was unacceptable and he would move us except the hotel was full, and the third night, we didn't think it would be worth it to pack up and move for one night. The bathroom door didn't open because it hit the toilet. I didn't know it but they don't clean the rooms everyday. We had to take our dirty towels to the front desk and exchange them for clean if we wanted clean towels. we were told where the garbage shoot was because we were staying more than 1 or 2 nights. The bed was so hard that it hurt to lay on it for any length of time. The shower head wasn't connected the wall, the gap between the tub faucet and the wall was about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. We won't be staying at an Extended Stay America for a very long time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Bruce - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience. I sincerely apologize that the first room you entered was not clean and the second had an odor. Please know, our maintenance staff is working to deep clean both rooms so neither of these issues will affect our future guests. As well, I am very sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations and that your shower head was in need of repair. I am working our staff to ensure our messaging is detailed at check-in.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope your enjoy the rest of your stay and again we appreciate that you chose Extended Stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I ended up staying at Extended Stay America after my house caught on fire, I have been here for a week now the staff is very friendly and they were there for me and my family for whatever we needed. Yesterday I had one of the staff members (Judy) clean my room and she left my room spotless, I was very impressed. when she was changing the liens on my daughters bed, she found money that my daughter lost and she put it on the table and went a crossed the hall to my moms room and let my daughter know that she had found it. I was so impressed with her honesty and wish there were more people like her in some of the hotels that I have stayed in in the past... Thank you very much Judy for the wonder job you do for your guest

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Annamarie - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that you saw the honesty and integrity of our housekeeper, Judi. She is an excellent employee and goes above and beyond her duties each and every day. I appreciate that you came to me personally to inform me about your experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope you will stay with us again, under different circumstances. It will be our pleasure to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay- Bensalem. It started with the great rates and the staff just blew me away with kindness. I stayed here for a 2 day business trip. I was greeted by smiles at the front desk. They got me checked in quickly and gave me some recommendations on places to grab a bite to eat after work. Staff was top notch. When getting into my room I noticed my coffee maker was broken. I called the front desk and they has maintenance come and replace it. I was greeted at my hotel door by a well mannered gentleman Michael. He was very helpful in getting the coffee maker replaced along with making sure I had enough blankets and pillows for my stay. This hotel is top notch for a business trip. The front desk and Michael made me feel like I was at home. A+++++

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that your stay was a memorable one. When we read reviews like yours, it makes all of us proud knowing that we made your stay comfortable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting a review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is the perfect place for a stay while someone's at the Rothman Specialty Hospital. It's a three minute walk across a field to the hospital. The room is well equipped and clean. This is not a resort, but a very functional, cost-effective place to be while someone's recovering from surgery. The staff couldn't be nicer or more flexible.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a large group in town for a sporting event at the end of June 2013. It was a decent stay for our purpose since we were out of the room most of the time. We slept well, and the beds were comfortable enough. It was in a location that was close to groceries, restaurants.

The rooms were decently sized. However, they were actually kind of tight to be accommodating 4 adults. I thought the beds were supposed to be queens when we booked. But, i think they were actually full sized beds in this room. They seemed pretty small. There was enough space in the kitchen area, but storage for 4 adults with travel bags was not all that plenty. Additionally, the bathroom seemed pretty small as well.

It was relatively clean. However, there was randomly a super strong floral deodorizer scent in the kitchen area. Mostly noticed it when coming back into the room from being outside.

We were in room 203. The area between the kitchen tiles & carpeted area was a bit rough / torn up. Actually, on the first day, I stepped a carpet tack sticking up in that area while not wearing shoes. Ouch! From that point on, I was careful to avoid that spot or be sure I was wearing shoes.

Several in our party were on the 3rd floor. They were awakened at around 7:30am on a Saturday morning with construction on the roof of the property. We held a group meeting in one of the 3rd floor rooms and it was super loud with the hammering on the roof. I could only imagine how it might be to try to sleep through that. I think there may have been some sort of comp offered for the inconvenience but I wasn't in one of those rooms, so not certain. I did get knocked down by the scent of cigarette smoke immediately entering the 3rd floor to visit our friends though. I didn't notice the smell on the 2nd floor, but it was rough up there.

There was grab and go breakfast with granola bars, oatmeal, muffins...but it was put away pretty early. I think it was only up from 6:30 - 8:30.

Went to the front desk a couple of times to get change & towels. All employees that I encountered were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I would recommend the 2nd floor if there is roof construction still going on. Also, if you're a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that when you arrived we were in the middle of replacing our roof. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I am aware that your team stays with us each year. I wanted you to know that when you make reservations for next year we will be fully renovated and you will not experience any of the problems which occurred during your stay in June. As stated in your review, we did comp 4 nights during your stay, for members of your team for the inconvenience. I also wanted to let you know that our grab-and-go breakfast is available from 6am to 9:30am, 7 days a week.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at pbl@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

nice place threat people with respect ...
only hotel in pa for me....as of this year ...I would tell all my friends about....they treat you how you need to be treated ...the best best place for me and my family ...as of right now
...Ms R...Howard ..

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. As well, I am glad that you found our staff to be so helpful and friendly, especially John.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem? Share your experiences!