“Overcharge on credit card.”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overcharge on credit card.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I reserved two rooms with my AMEX card. When we checked in on 10/18/2013, we gave the desk person a card to pay for the second room. The desk person charged the card for both rooms. He said if he charged it back, the funds would not be available until 3-5 business days. We were scheduled to be in Philadelphia until Monday and we needed access to our money. I agreed to leave the charges on the card and I would reimburse him.

The hotel charged the card double for each room. Instead of $621.24, they charged $1242.48. Please rectify these charges asap.

MaryAnnie Hughes

Room Tip: Don't leave your key until you are sure it is cleared.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Home away from home, very clean, comfortable and convenient to a lot of restaurants and across the street from the casino. And easy access in and out. Very Pet friendly and a big field for the dogs to run around in.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Kyle - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us for the next few weeks and that your room is both comfortable as well as clean. It is also nice to read that you like our hotel's location and that we are pet-friendly.

World
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went to Parx Casino and was looking for a place to crash after donating instead of driving home. Right across the main street. Could walk but that's a big main street. Small kitchenette. Bring food if you get hungry at night. Only thing worth it in the vending machine was the cup of noodles. Not filling at all at 4:00AM. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. No issues.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room and our hotel's location. I am glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

From the moment you walk in the door, you are greeted by friendly, smiling, courteous and helpful people. The maintenance man, Michael, and all the housekeeping personnel are personable and helpful. While it is true that, unless you are staying a week or more, the rooms are not cleaned every day unless you sign up for daily service, for a small fee, but you can bring your soiled towels and/or sheets downstairs and the staff at the front desk will gladly provide you with clean linens. I find the trash rooms conveniently located and have no problem taking out my own trash. Part of the third floor has smoking rooms and if you really dislike the smell of cigarette smoke you should request the first or second floor. I stopped smoking a few months ago and yet I still prefer to be on the third floor so it is just a matter of preference, in my opinion. I spent 6-1/2 weeks at ESA Bensalem and I enjoyed each and every day. Also, they will be do more renovations at the end of this year and I am anxious to see the improvements they are planning. I would suggest that if you are not making your reservations via telephone, as many people go thru different Internet sites to reserve their rooms, that you call ahead to verify your room preferences and I am sure one of very friendly staff members will be more than happy to assist you; just let them know how you made your reservations and verify that your preferences are correct. Their location is excellent inasmuch as practically anything you need or want is close by, they are right across the street of the Parx Casino and there are a great many places to eat, no matter what type of dining interests you.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind that they have rooms that have double beds, rooms that have a queen size bed and r...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the entire hotel. When I was reading this, I thought we should make you a spokesperson for ESA. We all love having you stay with us each and every year and look forward to your next visit. We are all looking forward to the renovations this year, and when you return we will be even better than you described!
Grand Island, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2013

First we were given a room that wasn't clean. They moved us without a problem. Then the second room smelled. We spent the first night trying to air out the room. The second night I asked for Frebreeze and was given it and told that he thought the smell was unacceptable and he would move us except the hotel was full, and the third night, we didn't think it would be worth it to pack up and move for one night. The bathroom door didn't open because it hit the toilet. I didn't know it but they don't clean the rooms everyday. We had to take our dirty towels to the front desk and exchange them for clean if we wanted clean towels. we were told where the garbage shoot was because we were staying more than 1 or 2 nights. The bed was so hard that it hurt to lay on it for any length of time. The shower head wasn't connected the wall, the gap between the tub faucet and the wall was about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. We won't be staying at an Extended Stay America for a very long time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Bruce - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience. I sincerely apologize that the first room you entered was not clean and the second had an odor. Please know, our maintenance staff is working to deep clean both rooms so neither of these issues will affect our future guests. As well, I am very sorry that our housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations and that your shower head was in need of repair. I am working our staff to ensure our messaging is detailed at check-in.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope your enjoy the rest of your stay and again we appreciate that you chose Extended Stay.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I ended up staying at Extended Stay America after my house caught on fire, I have been here for a week now the staff is very friendly and they were there for me and my family for whatever we needed. Yesterday I had one of the staff members (Judy) clean my room and she left my room spotless, I was very impressed. when she was changing the liens on my daughters bed, she found money that my daughter lost and she put it on the table and went a crossed the hall to my moms room and let my daughter know that she had found it. I was so impressed with her honesty and wish there were more people like her in some of the hotels that I have stayed in in the past... Thank you very much Judy for the wonder job you do for your guest

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Annamarie - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that you saw the honesty and integrity of our housekeeper, Judi. She is an excellent employee and goes above and beyond her duties each and every day. I appreciate that you came to me personally to inform me about your experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope you will stay with us again, under different circumstances. It will be our pleasure to repeat your experience with us in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay- Bensalem. It started with the great rates and the staff just blew me away with kindness. I stayed here for a 2 day business trip. I was greeted by smiles at the front desk. They got me checked in quickly and gave me some recommendations on places to grab a bite to eat after work. Staff was top notch. When getting into my room I noticed my coffee maker was broken. I called the front desk and they has maintenance come and replace it. I was greeted at my hotel door by a well mannered gentleman Michael. He was very helpful in getting the coffee maker replaced along with making sure I had enough blankets and pillows for my stay. This hotel is top notch for a business trip. The front desk and Michael made me feel like I was at home. A+++++

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that your stay was a memorable one. When we read reviews like yours, it makes all of us proud knowing that we made your stay comfortable. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting a review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Bensalem? Share your experiences!