“Pretty good”

Ranked #100 of 150 Restaurants in Bensalem
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Armenian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

This isn't bad as buffets go in this area. It runs about $16 per person for all you can eat. If it busy, the food is fresh but its kind of a madhouse with kids running everywhere as their parents eat and ignore them. If it is slow, the food gets stale and dry. Either way, the steak is good. Sometimes the portions are a bit small but you can just go back up.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank J B

nj
“all you can eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Nice salad bar. Vegetables were overcooked and bland. Main dishes/meats were OK. Soups OK. Deserts were varied but not great. Overall, it is a very reasonable price for the opportunity to take what you like and not get stuck with an entree you may not enjoy. Don't expect anything special or fancy...the price is very reasonable. The waiter/waitress will bring your drink refills.

Visited October 2013
North Brunswick
“Golden Corral Visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I have stopped many times at the golden corral on our way to the Parx Casino. The choices are varied and the food is always hot. The fact that the food is aways hot is unusual for a buffet restaurant. Usually we encounter cold food and the normal run of the mill offerings. At the Golden Corral the salad offerings are plentiful and fresh. The fried chicken is the best I've had anywhere along with the mash potatoes, pot roast is offered as well. You never get pot roast anywhere. Vegetables are plentiful as are the soup choices. Those people who are desert lovers have plenty to choose from. Overall, a great value and good food.

• Visited October 2013
perth amboy nj
“wonderful buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stop there before heading to parx casino ,seems like they change manager since thee last time i visit ,everything was filled and they had new iteams which makes me want to go back again ,since its friday im a big fan of fish and there fried fish was so good ,,,,,,, and the steak is a nice size and it was so sweet m

• Visited September 2013
New Providence, New Jersey
“I had a mixed experience here...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I came here on a Saturday evening around 5pm. There were a lot of people waiting in the line and I thought I probably will get a seat quickly eating solo, but I was wrong.

This place clearly has management issues. I was very unfortunate to be in line with a family of 13. I actually observed a few small booth seats open up, but it never occurred to them to seat small parties when a space opens up. I had to wait after the large party was seated to get my table. During this time, they could have turned these smaller tables multiple times. And the cashier and the securities just stood there chatting while playing with what appears to be a piece of plastic ladle. My waitress was nice. The reason that I assigned a two-star to the service category was because of this seating issue since this should be part of the "service".

The plates were only stacked at a centralized location. This I consider highly inconvenient. When I got my plates a lot of them are still wet. They were probably washed and dried quickly but the drying was not thorough.

Food is mixed. I was on time for the 'prime' dinner, where there is all-you-can-eat sirloin steak. The steak was nice. There is a chef cooking the steak in real time and would distribute them. There is a line waiting to get the steak but the chef actually worked very efficiently and typically you get your steak in 3 minutes or less. Aside from the salad served and other veggie options, sadly, this sirloin steak, is what I considered the healthiest food that they serve. They serve at least 5 kinds of deeply fried and battered food -- popcorn shrimp, fried shrimp, fried catfish with bones, fried chicken etc. I only had moderate amount but wish they could serve some steamed fish filet instead. Buffet does not have to be all about fried food and the kind of food, when consumed in excess, gives you a heart attack or diabetes. The fried chicken is always gone with a few minutes after they serve them. Their Mac and Cheese has lots and lots of cheese -- I had to fish for the macaroni. The food that was served in the Chinese food station was not good at all. In fact, the lo-mein was dried out under the light and the part that was not exposed to the air was drenched in lots of grease.

I paid around $13 before tax and tips for this dinner. I consider the food here okay but I just wish they could serve some good protein without excessive batter and deep fry it. I assign a three star to the "value" here because of the sirloin steak. Had I paid around $12 to just get everything else without the steak, then I could only give assign a 2.5 star or so. Meat eaters may get their $13 worthwhile if they are big in sirloin steaks -- but watch your heart and triglyceride level very carefully.

Atmosphere? Terrible -- screaming kids and kids high on carb running around the place, but this is typical for a buffet. This is definitely not a place for a date, unless you have already gone steady -- but just the scene of seeing how each other would grow into really does not make this place to go on a date.

Overall, will I go back? Maybe. This is not a place where I would definitely say 'no' to, but I would probably go a little early right before the dining peak hour. Once you enter to get in line, there are two sides to choose. I would first observe which line has more large families and avoid that line. I would really not frequent this place due to the lack of choice of good protein here. Should children be brought here? Your choice.

• Visited September 2013