“Gross and Disgusting”

Quality Inn & Suites Bensalem
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Made a huge mistake by booking a stay at this hotel!!! Checked into the room and it was disgusting. Toilet was dirty, mold in the shower, soap still in the dish. It was so dusty and found blonde hair throughout...we are brunettes. No satisfaction was given when we complained. My boyfriend cleaned the toilet because they were not going to. That night my boyfriend and I had such a reaction to something in the bed or in the laundry. We looked as if we had been burnt from head to toe. Now I'm wondering if a chemical had been used because of bed bugs. Then upon check out I was told they put the charges on my card and they would not credit it so we could pay cash. Then we were told to find housekeeping to let them know we had checked out. When I told the receptionist they were not on the floor she told me they were on the other side of the floor, go look for them. I will never stay in another Quality Inn..not so much quality.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patti K

Reviewed 21 October 2011

This place was a step above a red roof inn maybe. Hotel rooms were dated. Bathroom was gross. Rooms smelled and there were stains on all of the furniture.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Dahlia2980
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I found this hotel to be on the depressing side. It's a low-grade hotel, so a lot can't be expected. The vibe is depressing though. The worst thing about it is that the rooms are mostly for smokers. Even if its not a room where a smoker is staying, there's so many other rooms that are, that you're still walking around in the haze. The room we had was so smoker-heavy that my eyes were stinging, and for days after I left, my clothes still reeked. Yes, it is relatively inexpensive, and basically no frills. The hotel is on a highway, not far from Philadelphia.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NoneNamedYet
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We had originally booked a room at a different hotel, but, due to a mix-up on our part, had reserved the wrong dates. As the original hotel was booked solid upon our arrival at 10pm, we did a quick internet search from our phones and picked the closest hotel with two queen beds.

The parking was a mess, trash and debris all over the ground. The lobby was in acceptable condition, but there were numerous people hanging around at 10:00 at night, including a guy hovering off to the side during my check-in, which made me a little uncomfortable. To sum up our stay, I walked back out to the car with the keys and said, "I don't think this is the best part of town..."

The room itself was fairly spacious (which I'd expect for the price) with a microwave and refrigerator, and the beds were not uncomfortable, with four pillows apiece. The air conditioning was freezing (which is good, right?) but extremely noisy.

In the morning, with a little more light, the state of the room became apparent. There were (what I assume were) cigarette burns in the comforter and on the bench in front of the mirror, and the bathroom was in deplorable shape. There was rust on the drain, on the spigots, in the corners. And the shower curtain was covered in mold. Seriously, I have three sons and a husband, and my own bathrooms are in better condition than this one was. It was disgusting, and considering that I am a fairly easy going person, that's really saying something. A little bleach would've killed the mold if they didn't want to replace the curtain, and it was disgusting that they couldn't even be bothered to do that.

Check-out was quick once the woman at the desk was done chatting with her friend, but I'm patient, so that wasn't a huge issue. She was very friendly and efficient once she got to me.

Overall, it wasn't a terrible stay (the beds were at least comfortable, and the fridge was convenient), but I definitely would NOT stay there if I had ANY other choice. Especially not for $110 a night!! I wish I'd read the reviews on TripAdvisor first (like I usually do!), but we were so tired after a long drive that we figured it would be fine. Lesson learned!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lostmemorycard
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Found bed bugs on the pillows and between mattress and box spring. We called the night desk clerk to report the bugs. She replied, 'yeah'. Not, 'you're kidding', I'm sorry....just 'yeah'. She changed us to a different room. No bugs in this one, but you wouldn't catch me sitting on the chairs. Filthy, disgusting, far below what I would expect for $85.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Fredsflock
Reviewed 1 November 2010

As a businessman working in bacteriology; I found it very satisfying that this location was both very cordial and clean. Nice convenient location to highways and city.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2010

I have frequented this facility for more than twenty one (21) years. At least two (2) or three (3) times per year. And, on occassion "more than that amount (as time permits)." This facility has OUSTANDING MANAGEMENT AND PEOPLE WORKING THERE. Superior quality of service for your money. A very quiet place to enjoy a great nights sleep. Breakfast is always well displayed, very fresh and enjoyable/tasty. In my humbled oppinion "you can't get a better deal for your money anywhere else in their area/location. Other people from nearby hotel facilities could learn a lot from this the outstanding way they treat there customers and maintain their facility. Well done! I look forward to my return to this facility. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FACILITY AND RATE IT THE VERY BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Bensalem? Share your experiences!