“Wonderful Hotel ! ! !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
St. Louis, MO
“Wonderful Hotel ! ! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

I stayed in Quality Inn & Suites in February 2009... It was wonderful stay.... I really liked there... Front desk staff, the manager, and house keepers are very nice, kind, helpful, and friendly people. I needed to go somewhere, but the map quest was giving me such a long and confusing direction, and when I asked front desk staff for directions, they gave me very easy and clear directions. I went outside to leave and the battery on my car died, and the manager of the hotel, very kind man, jumped my car with his jumping cables. My room was very beautiful and clean ; it smelled so fresh. The queen size bed and pillows were very comfortable. Everything worked great in the room! Free continental breakfast was very delicious. They also have in February and March 2009 Coupons for FREE lunch or diner in Golden Corral Buffet & Grill. Isn't it great? The area is very quiet and nice. Everything is so close: Movie Theater, malls, restaurants, parks, and etc.. When I stayed in Quality Inn & Suites I felt like I was home. I just want to give everyone a little advice.... Do not believe anybody until you come and see it yourself.... When I read another reviews, I was shocked. I do not have even one complain about that hotel because it is a wonderful place to stay in. Go there and I am sure that you will enjoy it like I did !!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights for work. It fit the bill for a budget hotel, but left something to be desired. As is with most of the reviews on this site, my room smelled musty too. It was a very odd smell that I couldn't pin point. The cable TV only worked about half the time, and the desk staff did not seem to care. I ordered a wake up call for 2 of the mornings I was here and did not get the call either morning. Again, when I reported it to the front desk, nobody seemed to care. Luckily I woke up naturally, but I had early appointments both days and the fact that they did not call me was unacceptable. The ice machine on the first floor was the only one that worked, and the breakfast was sad- all pre-packaged pastries and sugary cereal.

Convenient to what I needed, and located in a good area but overall, not impressive.

• Liked — location close to what I needed, lots of resturants nearby
  • Disliked — the staff was completely indifferent to issues and problems with the hotel
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank sarahufl
Fayetteville, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2008

Our family stayed here when we visited Sesame Place. It is not the cleanest. There was a big hole in the wall by the bed. Also the carpet was unraveling everywhere. Molding was coming off the wall. Also, profanity was written on the pull-out futon. It doesn't seem like the hotel has too much concern for the comfort of their guests. If we come to this area again, we will most likely look for a different hotel.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Room was tearing up, didn't look like it was even cleaned for us
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank rjchristmas
collegeville,pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2007

Well for what you pay for it is worth it. We payed about 89 dollars a night when we went down in early winter and spring. When we tried to go back down for a summer stay the rate went up to 120 a night which was a little disappointing becasue it is a nice hotel. Me and a friend went down for a gambling weekend. What made the hotel nice was it was so close to everything. Philadelphia Park was about 3 minutes up the road, and resturants were very close as well. The free breakfest isnt bad at all. They have fruits, danishes, waffes, pancakes its not as bad as some of the others. They said they offer snacks throughtout the night, but i didnt see any. DIslikes about the hotel are that the maids didnt speak english, so it was tough to get extra towels, etc.. Also the people at the front desk were alittle creepy. They had some that would yell at you, and others that didnt looked liked they wanted to be there. also on our last stay in March they messed up the bill, and i was afriad they would take my cash as well as charge my credit card. Hotel was nice though and if the price wasnt so high probly would be staying there again on the next gambling weekend.

• Liked — Very nice hotel, close to the PHA
  • Disliked — Staff werent horrible, but not great either
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2006

I wish I had checked with the trip adviser before I booked this room. We had just come from a Comfort Inn by Hershey Park and wanted to go to Sesame Place so they (Choice Hotels) got us a room here.
The first room was musty so they moved us to another room on another floor and on the way the manager tells us we were not the first to complain about the smell. The second room is better but still smells. Some of the towels have a heavy chlorine smell and the water does not drain good from the shower. When I complained about the horrible reception on the TV the manager said to "play with the wires behind the TV. (It worked the plate was hanging off the wall).
The manager said the place was just remodeled. I hope they fired the contractor because the place is a mess. Door knobs falling off the lights are all screwy.
The worst part is I see this was a McIntosh Inn and the rooms were $50 a night a couple of months ago. Now its a Quality Inn and the rates double. It would not be a value at $50.
We have to sleep here tonight but tomorrow we will be staying somewhere else.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank soddoeht
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2006

The rooms have new rugs and bedding. I liked my stay and it was quiet and comfortable. Rooms are clean and staff friendly for the most part. Great price and I will go back if I am in the area again

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank sunnyray22
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2006

There is a musty aroma to the hotel, and it is outdated, however is a value for the $50 dollars. The roooms are clean, and they offer amenities such as the gym and breakfast. The receptionist was nice. At the time of check in there were several man working in the hallways who did not speak english.
Overall it was just ok

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
BEST WESTERN PLUS Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Bensalem? Share your experiences!