“Great Overnight”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Adirondack Foothills of NY State
“Great Overnight”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Just a weekend overnight but found this motel to be pleasant, quiet and a good value. Clean and comfortable. Convenient location to shopping and restaurants. Not far from the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Route 1.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ADKphotobug
Carla B, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on the comfort of our facility and location. These were factors when we built the property. We are always happy to get feedback from our guest. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Four years ago, i planned a trip to Sesame Place and came here to TripAdvisor to find a hotel. There were hotels very close, but I wasn't getting a very good vibe from the reviews (lame breakfasts, overrun with screaming kids, sticky floors, etc.). After coming across the Sleep Inn, I decided to give it a try. Since then, I've returned to Sesame Place two more times and stayed at Sleep Inn for all three. Four years ago I remember the place seeming nearly new. I have always found the rooms to be clean, the staff to be polite, and the price to be reasonable. They have good TVs, WiFi, and a decent sized mini-fridge (a must when traveling with young children). I have always been impressed with their included continental breakfast. There is ample seating, plenty of options (waffles, pancakes, various cereals, bagels, danishes, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and a few choices of juices), and best of all it's continually restocked so you don't have to get there in the first 15 minutes to get something to eat. There isn't a shuttle to Sesame Place (as with some of the closer hotels), but it's only 10 minutes away. The only downside to this is the $15 parking at Sesame Place which you could potentially avoid. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and stores which makes it convenient when running out for something quick (another blessing with kids). This year we purchased subs sandwiches at Subway just down the street to bring with us for lunch at Sesame Place. After a long day at the park, we like to stop at Applebees down the street also (kids menu + a cold beverage for the parents). This year I did notice a few things that seemed to be getting a little worn. The carpets, although clean and vacuumed, had some discolorations and were just looking like they were generally near the end of their life cycle. The desk chair in our room was also showing its age. I'm sure they would have replaced it if asked, but I wasn't using it anyway. We had a plugged toilet at one point, and someone came to take care of it within five minutes. This year we also made a couple trips into Philly and found the commute to be very reasonable.
When I was checking out, the front desk man asked if i had enjoyed my stay. I replied that we had stayed there several times and found it to be very nice. He then said that the next time we come, it will be renovated (new carpet, beds, updated furnishings as well as the front desk and breakfast area). All in all, I'd definitely recommend the place and wouldn't hesitate to return. It's not the Hilton with a restaurant, pool, and room service, but it has been the right mix of value, amenities, and convenience that i look for.

Room Tip: Reserve with your AAA membership if you have one.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank P_Diddy_007
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I planned to stay 1 night at the sleep inn and my husband and I were very confortable in the hotel that we ended up staying for 4 nights. It incluid breakfast and 24hrs coffee, juice, and te service. The Hotel is so close to everything!! there are many restaurants along the street road where the hotel is located and is 2 blocks from the Parx Casino, 8 minutes from Sesame place and 3 malls are close aswell. With 10 minutres drive you can get to the state park, wich is very nice to hang out or enjoy the pool. Also is 5 minutes away from the 95 Highway which make it easy to go to the attractions in Philadelphia. I definatly recomend this place to stay if you want to explore the area + the city. It is nice, clean, and the atmosphere is nice to for familys and all kind of groups.

Room Tip: I stayed at the suite 225
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cynthia R
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a long weekend with our 3 year old and 18 month old. When I made the reservation, I requested a portacrib, which is an additional $10 per night. I agreed to pay the fee, even though its normally a free service. Upon arrival, we were told that there were no more portacribs available as they just gave a family the last one. How do you give away a reserved crib? We were assured that one will be available the following night. Well, the next day when I asked for it, I was told that they were all locked away and that the person who has the key to the room would not be in until 11:00pm. Upon further conversation, she said she wasn't even sure if there was a crib available at all. We were so angry! We would have brought our own I would have known. And, the charge for the crib for 2 nights was on our bill! We had a suite which was spacious enough for 2 toddlers to run around in. It was clean enough but had some visible wear around the edges. Breakfast was subpar and the coffee was nearly undrinkable. Another gripe I had was when we came back to the room for the night, there was poop in the toilet that didn't belong to my family. The location was great for sesame place and about half an hour to Philly. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Reesie808
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This was a great place to stay clean room, very helpful and close to everything we wanted I would recommend them highly

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank susan l
CT
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This Sleep Inn is a conversion from some other hotel - not the familiar Sleep Inn layout. It is well maintained but older. Noisy but efficient AC. Internet excellent. Slow drain in shower - yuck - but i told them on checkout, and they thanked me for letting them know. Excellent beds. Extremely convenient location - right off PA Tpk. Breakfast was better than the Sleep Inn average - but then again, so was the room price.

Room Tip: Desk attendant said they were renewing 3rd floor - might be the nicest.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Dave4_-_3W
West Grey, Ontario
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed here with family (two rooms) for a long weekend, in February. Upon arrival, we tried to call our family who live in the area. We could not place outgoing calls from either room, for our entire 3 day stay.

Immediately advised the front desk staff – no resolve other than to use the lobby phone. Maintenance replaced both phones in our rooms – still couldn’t place a call outside of the hotel.

Before leaving, we left a message for the hotel’s Manager. After a few weeks being home, we sent a follow-up email. 3 months later, we have yet to receive a reply to our concerns. (phone or email)

In future, we’ll stay elsewhere in the area, at a place where basic guest’s needs are met.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank RescueTeam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Bensalem Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Red Roof Inn Philadelphia Trevose
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia NE - Bensalem

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!