“One Year Anniversary Getaway..”

Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Laceyville, Pennsylvania
“One Year Anniversary Getaway..”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband & I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on August 6th. We wanted to get away for a few days without the kids so I went searching for an adult only hotel or resort. First I came upon the Pocono's which was way out of our price range. After some searching on Google & TripAdvisor I found the Inn of the Dove in Bensalem, PA. A lot of the rooms are pricey so we went with the Deluxe Suite (we were room 112) which was the cheapest. I booked it through the Inn of the Dove website & it stated there would be a $100 deposit charged to my card. They only charged $50 (maybe because it was one of the 'cheaper' rooms.. I'm not sure). We live about 3 hours away & had to leave after my husband got out of work, so we didn't arrive til about 9:30pm. Since it was dark, the location seemed sort of iffy. It's on a dead end road & didn't seem real well lit. We checked in (easy process) & were given a map of where to find our room. The grounds seemed nice.. there's a pretty gazebo in the middle of all the suites. It was HOT out that day so it was nice to walk into our nice, cool air conditioned room. The Jacuzzi was clean & there were towels, bubble bath & body lotion (Bath & Body Works!) set along side it. The knob to turn on the jets was in an unfortunate location though since we had to get out of the Jacuzzi to turn it on. Not that big of a deal though. The bed was huge & nicely made, on it were two long stem red roses with a Dove chocolate bar. The bed was very hard though! To me it wasn't that big of a deal, I actually slept really good.. but my husband has a bad back so it was a big hard for him to get comfortable. We paid for the anniversary package so upon getting to our room we found a small round cake that read "Happy Anniversary" complete with candles, a pack of matches, 2 paper plates, a few napkins & plastic knives & forks. There was another small candle next to it & a bigger jar candle next to the Jacuzzi. There were champagne glasses on the wet bar next to the ice bucket. I must have misread somewhere because I thought we would get a complimentary bottle of champagne but we didn't. In the mini fridge we found 4 cans of soda & 2 bottles of water. When we travel we usually bring our own drinks & snacks but it was still nice to have some cold drinks ready for us. There were also 2 packs of cookies on top of the wet bar. Housekeeping came the next morning & replenished the soda & water. The shower with the 2 shower heads was nice, except my husband noticed a tiny bit mildew. He also noticed a couple spiderwebs in the bathroom & I found tiny black ants on the wet bar & in the bathroom on the counter. The second night we were there we were relaxing after having a huge dinner. We tried turning the tv on but the remote wasn't working. We called the front desk & within a half hour someone came & brought 2 new batteries for it.

This hotel is close to a lot of things. There are a ton of restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive. We had breakast at Nifty Fifty's & while it wasn't *the* best breakfast ever, it was still pretty good & for the two of us it was under $15. For dinner we ate at Texas Roadhouse & are never disappointed in their food! During the day we ventured off & went to Point Pleasant beach which was about an hour drive.

Overall it was a great stay & I think there's a good possibility we'll go back. I'd love to see the suite with the pool but knew it was probably taken or else I would have asked to see it quick before checking out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2012

BENSALEM LOCATION IS NO GOOD!!! We booked 2 days for our anniversay weeks in advance. We were billed for 3 days and told nothing they can do to give our money back mistakes happen. Then houskeeping comes after our first night saying we are to be out of room that only one day was covered. In the office it was 2 other couples complaining because the room that they booked was no longer available and the office wanted them to pay more for another room. I will never in life come to this location again. What makes matters worse is we now have to put in a claim to get our money back because Inn of Dove does not refund on the weekends. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

Room Tip: Inconsiderate and rude
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank S W
Management_dove, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
We would first like to apologize to this guest for any confusion that may have happened. This guest booked a reservation with a 3rd party on July 13 and then the guest came to the front desk on July 25th to book another reservation but for a different amount of nights. This guest has a very common name and at the time of making the 2nd reservation the guest never stated that he had already made the reservation. I was here at the time that the guest has checked in and the guest was checked in and had no issues when we charged him for his reservation, the guest never stated there was a difference in the nights or did he show us any reservation paper work besides the 2nd reservation that he made. Later that same night our staff matched the reservation that was not checked in to the guest that was checked in and at that point we have refunded the guest the full amount at 4:59am which was the following morning and notified the guest and also provide the guest with the correct documents that showed that the transactions where done. The problem is that the refunds can take up to 2-3 days to show back up in the guests account, this has nothing to do with us it’s the way that the banks complete it (the guests bank). The guest checked in on Friday night and on Saturday morning is when the refund transaction was completed unfortunately it does take the bank a day or two to approve the transaction and it was a weekend. And in reference to the 2 couples complaining about a suite, they wanted our Pool Suite for a party but we do not allow parties in the suite, they were planning a party for 20+ people and we only allow 2 people per suite (state law) due to all the suites only having one bed. They were told that if they wanted to stay they need to get enough suites to occupy all their guest.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 June 2012

My experience with Inn of the Dove was very nice. I spent the night with my boyfriend and it was very romantic. We had champagne and sat by the fire place. The jacuzzi was our favorite part and we enjoyed it very much. It felt very nice and relaxing and the atmosphere of the room was amazing. The two shower heads are also very useful and a nice addition to the room. The property is big and gorgeous. I would recommend staying here for anyone who wants a romantic getaway. We will def be coming back to this place the next time we want a nice getaway.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kelly S
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Our stay was amazing, the room the atmosphere was all everything we hoped for and then some. The bed was a little hard, but we slept soundly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tina C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2012

i have been staying in this hotel for around five years and so far i have no complaints with the service, ambience, stay and overall welcome. The location and other amnities are a plus. Before posting this review i read the other reviews regarding bugs, flies which sound baseless to me. I had no problems during my stay in any way and am really happy with the way they handle customers. The Jacuzzi, fire place and interior are really pleasant and convincing.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kerry b
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hotel is very well managed by the people who work here.The property is big and gorgeous.The rooms are spacious n clean to the core.We stayed here in the deluxe suite and the moment we entered the room it was chilling ,we were so happy as we came driving from far in the scorching heat also the room was smelling so nice.The best part is that there are many places near by such as casino,malls,cinemas,pubs.Lots of thing to do in this area.The staff is very helpful.There are many beautiful rooms here,we looked all of them ,we want to try all the rooms as we have never seen such beautiful rooms in our life.We enjoyed every moment here.Large televison ,jacuzzi,two separate shower heads n nice king size bed.me and my wide will miss it till we come back.Will see u soon there,keep up the great work guys.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michael r
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Our next stay has to be longer, and getting the pool suite. We had such a relaxing time. Love the two head shower and the jacuzzi. The bed was to soft for me. But still had a great time. Will be back.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Denise N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!