“Crappy Environment”

Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Reviewed 3 March 2008

My fiancee and I had the HoneyMoon suite but wanted to play CD's and there was no cd player. The hotel phone didn't work-had to use our cell to call the office; there was cleaning paper towels left behinD. We were upgraded to the Asian Suite., with beat-up boom box in hand.- All the lights didn't work- Ants were all on the bathroom countertop, so we couldn't leave our toiletries in there!(This room had a built in cd player- one good thing)
No rug in front of the sink. no washcloths- no lights in the dual head shower- only one had hot running water.t he shower entrance was very dirty! no heat in this area!!
we were awakwened at early morn.to the fire alarm for no apparent reason- we don't smoke and only the heat was on.so we had to turn the heat off to quiet it down. the sheet had a cigarette burn and there were only 2 bed pillows. in the morning , our wine glass left by the jacuzzi was crawling with ants!
We wouldn't reccommend this place to anyone who values a clean , well kept environment!

Stayed: March 2008
There are newer reviews for Inn of the Dove - Bensalem

Reviewed 19 February 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in room 126 over the Valentines day weekend. The room is supposedly the best room they have there. It was way too much money. $380 for one night. I'm assuming it was inflated b/c of the holiday. The room itself was very nice. There is a circle shaped red canopy bed with red lights on it, mirrors on the ceiling, a jacuzzi, a small fridge, large flat screen TV, fireplace, dual head shower, etc.

A couple things that needed improvement:

One of the shower heads doesn't work.
Comforter on the bed looks worn.
Some areas were sticky. Countertop, tile lining the jacuzzi.
Only get one piece of firewood which doesn't last too long.
Could be better quality soaps
NOT enough towels and washclothes

Overall we had a great time and would go again. On a NON holiday weekend.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
bensalem, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2008

Thank you for your review...the issues that you mentioned in your review have been addressed and taken care of. We thank you for your business and look foward to your next visit. Our rates were higher on your specific stay because of the holiday and are usually lower.

Reviewed 12 February 2008

I stayed in Bensalem on Saturday and it was a really nice stay. I reserved a honeymoon suite and the customer service was good upon checkin. When my husband and I entered the room you could tell the room had been cleaned because the suite smelled fresh and looked freshly painted. The casino is 5 minutes away and we went to the Outback which was also really close to the hotel. I will be back when we can getaway from the kids.

Reviewed 3 February 2008

Me and my husband went to inn of the dove again .This place is so great for romantic couples like us we stayed in room 103 the room was beatiful better then the other one we had the last time. The room was clean and it was very pretty. The only thing the mattress was kind of sinking but other than that it was great . We plan to go again because the privacy its great.

Reviewed 7 November 2007

I stayed at the Inn Of The Dove on Saturday in the deluxe suite. I've stayed twice before and I must say this time was my best experience. The outside of the hotel has changed for the better since my last stay. It looks like the building was painted and management been keeping up with the maintentence. The lobby and my room looked renovated and everything worked in the room. My check In and check out experience was good because the staff was very accomodating and caring. The mirrors, bathroom and the jacuzzi were clean and shining, and the sheets smelled good. My husband and I wanted to get away from the kids and felt this was a great getaway. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and this is the nicest with a jacuzzi for the price. It was definately the cleanest and the staff was friendly. The housekeeper even said Hi. I think that's the most important for my husband and I. I would recommend the Inn of the Dove to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2007

My wife and I stayed 1 night of what was supposed to be a 2 night weekend stay. My wife booked the Honeymoon Suite as a gift for my birthday and some time away from the "everyday hazzles". GREAT IDEA but bad location. The list starts with a broken toilet seat, dusty furniture, dirty refrigerator, etc. I found my self in the local convenience store buying cleaning and disinfecting supplies for the first hour of the night. We made a formal complaint and decided to stay after a long frustrating ride to get there. The next morning we were offered housekeeping services but we opted to take the supplies instead of the service. Low and behold after removing the fitted sheet from the mattress, we revealed dry blood stains. That was it! A weekend down the drain and only 1 nights refund. If your're thinking about staying here, DON'T DO IT!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erndup
bensalem, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2007

It is unfortunate that this guest did not enjoy their stay with us. We do, however, have many guests that do enjoy their stay with us. Many guests seem to write about us when they have a bad stay rather than a good stay. The staff and management strive to ensure each guest is satisfied. Our policy is if you have stayed more than 15 minutes in a room we do not give refunds. The guest contacted the front desk after 15 minutes upon checking in. They were still given a desicion to either move rooms or have housekeeping come in. The guest declined and stayed until 12:57 in the afternoon the next day. In this rare case management did make an exception and even offered the guest a refund for their 2 night stay but the guest once again declined. The guest wanted a full refund for a birthday package when the staff tried their best to accomodate the guest. The staff set up the room with decorations, balloons and purchased a b'day cake for the guest. Unfortunately, any packages are non refundable if anything has been used.

Reviewed 14 September 2007

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank carcus88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!