“Needs Improvement”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Needs Improvement”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here on Valentine's Day weekend so the price was hiked up a bit, as was the case with any other hotel. I wasn't in the mood for a long drive to the Poconos so we picked this place since it's right outside Philadelphia. The room wasn't without it's charm. The fireplace and the jacuzzi were nice to have but the mirrors on the ceiling made it seem slightly sleazy. We knew what we were getting into so we didn't complain. The room and bathrooms are extremely dated. Our room would have been considered modern in 1982. The front desk was pretty helpful and have a variety of items you can purchase. I probably wouldn't stay here again considering the high price I paid; in retrospect, I should have made that drive to the Poconos. If you are looking for a quick getaway close to the city, this place would likely work for you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Absolutely enjoyed the privacy. Just spent our 5th anniversary there and had a ball! Can't wait to stay there again. Stayed in the Asian Suite: it was clean and well maintained. Our only problem was a cold bathroom but once it warmed up (about 45 mins.) it was enjoyable. Double shower heads a plus but the toilet was made for a little person. I'm 5'8" & it was little low to the floor. But again, we enjoyed ourselves and plan to return in the summer!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Desiree D
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 March 2013

we had the deluxe suite,,,very clean and cozy and priced right! .... we enjoyed our romantic getaway so much that we cant wait to have another :) the fireplace,on our chilly night,set the mood perfectly and the hot tub with all the bubbles was enchanting to say the least. very nice! THANK YOU AND SEE YOU SOON!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernadette V
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband took me there for the 1st time an as soon as we walked in the room it looked beautiful but when we went to lay down i noticed the linen had pubic hairs an i lift the sheet up to find even more nasty stains I jumped off that bed so fast i started packin my stuff i was so disappointed of how disgusting the linens were ...we called the front desk an the girl offerd us a diffrent room. I wasn't gonna take it but it was late to drive some place ows so we just took the other room it was better then the 1st one but never again will we go to that one an will not recommend enyone to go to the one in bensalem!!!! I called the next day to speak to the general manager they took a message so he can call me bakk but that call never happin so the management is no good also i was not acomadised at all they need good housekeepers that no how to clean an wash linens

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank naturalbeauty12
East Greenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary of 13 years. We had a good time. The room was clean. It could use a little updating. Otherwise nice for the price. Double shower heads r also a plus. We had the honeymoon suite with the Jacuzzi tub behind the bed.

2 Thank Maria G
ny,ny
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I pretty much expected what i got, and to be fair anything more would be impossible at that price.
i'll start off saying that our suite was very clean. on the other hand everything was very tired looking. the carpet though clean of stains was thoroughly worn out same with other parts of the decor. u could see some patching on the paint work here and there the suite was very roomy and they give u a free bottle of champagne and a 3hr fire log which very nice. overall we had a very nice stay. as a hotel i would put as a Quality Inn as a romantic get away, the best i've been to.
service, the best.

1 Thank mark k
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I went on Valentine's Day for a night get away. This was my first visit to this Inn of the Dove. It was such a beautiful setting. The grounds were well kept and decorated nicely for the holiday. The room was absolutely exquisite. It was very romantic, clean, and way beyond my expectations. It was located near many restuarants and stores, so if you wanted to venture out, it was convenient. But who would want to leave out? We would go every month if we could.

2 Thank Angie O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Valley Forge
#5 of 16 in King of Prussia
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,205 reviews
City Center East
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
City Center West
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!