“If You are Seeking Romance You Will Find It Here”

Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Cincinnati, OH
“If You are Seeking Romance You Will Find It Here”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

You would never know from the outside of the Inn of the Dove what was inside. A friend told me about it. My husband and I decided that we would spend our 25th wedding anniversary at the Inn, since it was not too far from the church where we were married. We checked in on Friday, had a nice picnic supper which we had packed wine, cheese, bread, shrimp, crab,all yummy finger foods that could be snacked on along with some good chocolates and desserts and coffee. We had the room with the private pool and it was so much fun to be able to swim in our birthday suits and then just put our robes on and relax by the fire. The telelvision offered some rather racy choices, which was not usually our thing, but there we were! The next day we met friends and the fella's went to shoot some pool while we ladies did some shopping. Afterwards we had a nice dinner to celebrate.We got back to the Inn around ten and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our last night there. Sunday we got up and went to Mass at the Church where we were married. We recommitted ourselves to each other and headed back home to our four kids, know that we had given ourselves the best gift possible. We really enjoyed our stay and often think about it and all the other couple who venture upon it. As I said, that was for our 25th anniversary, and we just celebrated our 45th last month. Maybe for the 50th we will go back to the Inn of the Dove, now that I know it is still there!

Room Tip: Go for the room with the private pool, you will love it!
1 Thank mareandphil
innofthedove, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest

We truly enchanted with your moments of truth you have shared at tripadvisor. We sincerely thank you for choosing Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA at your wedding anniversary and had a great and memorable stay with us.

Our top priority is our Guest Satisfaction which we always maintain it to the maximum and with your comments proved that we had achieved our goal to satisfied your stay with us.

Once again

We thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

In the meantime should we of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Inn of the Dove Bensalem
3901 Old Street Road Bensalem,
PA 19020, USA.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway for our wedding anniversary. When we pulled in at the Inn of the Dove in Bensalem, I wasn't sure what to think. They were under construction in the office area and I was worried what the rest might look like. Boy, was I very pleasantly surprised! Beautiful room, hot tub was beautiful, double shower was a cool idea, and the whole room just felt so romantic. Very clean, too. We got a free fire log, bottle of champagne and there were cookies, chocolates, and drinks in the fridge, along with a long-stemmed rose on the bed. For a short romantic getaway, this was ideal. You can't do an overnight at Cove Haven in the Poconos, and this was just what we needed!

2 Thank mommavideo
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your truly enjoyed moments you have shared at tripadvisors; certainly we are glad to review that you had a very pleasant and a memorable stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back at Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA.

3901 Old Street Road
Bensalem, 19020 PA USA.
Phillipsburg, NJ
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I am a mother of two boys and once a year I go away by myself for two days/two nights. Since as you might imagine, I plan this trip all year (it's my weekend to indulge on food I Like, watch my twilight movies and just do NOTHING but relax! One criteria I always have when looking at a hotel room, it must have a hottub! I have been to the Cesar's resorts with my hubby and LOVED having a pool in my room- so when I ran across Thee Inn OTD, that did not require you to be a couple to go, I was psyched. Then I noticed it was 5 minutes from a casino, I was sold. Booked the pool suite. Check in a was a breeze, found out I got a free log, bottle of champagne and that the pool suite had a late check out of 1pm. The hotel lobby was under renovations, but I did not hear a peep. My only two disappointments were upon entering room- it spelled strongly of smoke- Now I am a former smoker, but it said it was non smoking and as I said, I am a Former smoker. If my hubby had been with me, we would have had to check out, he stronger hates the smell- luckily I had a scented candle I brought, so after a few hours it was better- after the 2d day of having my candle lit, the smell was distant- but this should be addressed, if it says nonsmoking, there should not be the smell. (Cesar's never smelled, and they are similar hotels) Then as I was unpacking getting ready to watch my DVDs, ACK, no player! Had to run to walmart and buy a cheap one! I just assumed they would have one, have not stayed in a hotel without one in years! After this, I settled in and began to relax- the bed was very comfortable (unlike Cesar's) and then there was the pool and hottub room, which ROCKED! I think I took a dip every other hour... It also had these cool blue, what they called DJ lights, which was neat- it is close to everything, a 7-11 for all the small needs and many restaurants for great take out- The room had a small fridge, coffee maker and a great shower, also a array of free Snacks, drinks and a rose on check in ... I had a great time and very relaxing- think I surprised the front desk people when I said I was alone, but they were very friendly, helpful and willing to assist- I would have rated it 5 stars if it were not for the smoke smell- if you are looking for a place with every amenity for yourself, this is the place- just be warned, there are mirrors everywhere since obviously it is meant to be a couple retreat (the only one that really bothered me wS the one above the bed) I plan to return next year!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank zel13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to post detailed feedback at everybody's favorite The tripadvisor.com. We have carefully reviewed your concern and your fabulous moments you have enjoyed during your stay.

The satisfaction of our guests is our highest priority. We express regret for inconvenience caused you from the smoking smell; yes it's very true that all of our suites are non-smoking and there is a sign inside the suite for non-smoking; but certainly some guests violate and smoke and left smell in the suite, we try our best to deal and refreshing the suite prior to arrival. The best thing is to immediately inform the Front Desk so they will be able to send our housekeeping staff to refresh the room in case any smoking smell.

Once again,

We thank you for your kind appreciation towards our services and we are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

In the meantime, should we be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Inn of the Dove Bensalem
3901 Old Street Road
Bensalem, 19020 PA
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Well, I must say that I chose this place after I read the other reviews on TripAdvisor. My husband and I were looking for a romantic getaway and romantic it was. The room was well equipped with the essentials. The bathroom was huge - the double headed shower was a nice surprise. The room however smelled somewhat musty, but, that did not stop us from having a good time. You pay for the room and that is what you get - a room, all other entertainment must be found on your own. My main reason for writing this review is to comment on what I found out as we were leaving. We saw a sign that advertised $95.00 per day. Curious, my husband asked since we were paying $195.00 per night. And, to our dismay, we were told that they rent the rooms from 9-5 for $95.00 as well as they do hourly rental. Boy, I felt disgusted, as if I stayed at a cheap motel. What kind of place that is supposed to be a romantic couples getaway, rents hourly. So, for those whom it matters to, be aware that this place does this type of business.

2 Thank Nadira M
innofthedove, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
First of all we thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad that you have truly enjoyed your stay with us. We carefully reviewed your concern over the day rates and we are delighted to clarify that for many years travelers from all over U.S passing by PA Turn Pike which is close vicinity to our hotel and a perfect stop over for those who would like to take advantage of our luxurious suites for a short stay. The day rooms are subject to availability and mostly available during weekdays,Secondly the hourly rate it's absolutely not our ethics to sell our elegant product for an hour and we highly condemned such rumors.

Once again...

Thanking you and your companion for your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back at Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA.

The Management
Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA.
Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The pool room was a very nice experience if your looking to be romantic. Nice size swimming pool along with the jacuzzi, King size bed spacious bedroom and a double shower head in the bathroom. Overall I would stay here again. Price could be a little better though.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anthony r
We thank you for sharing your moments of truth and having a delightful experience and a memorable stay with us. we certainly take pride in our our top of the line suite and the one & only unique and exclusive product in the entire area The Dove Swimming Pool Suite which has its own private in suite heated swimming pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi connected with double french doors to the master bedroom.

The Dove Swimming Pool Suite is always on high demand and with its Royal features it has no competition to match with it's truly an undisputed elegant suite product . We sincerely thank you for delicate perception towards our hotel

Once again...

We thank you and your companion for your valuable stay and look forward to welcome you back soon.

Inn of the Dove
Bensalem PA
North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 February 2014

everything was very nice, The room needs a little updating, paint, carpet and things like that but overall the room was nice and we would go again.they gave us a bottle of champagne and a box of candy with a long steam rose on the bed which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
innofthedove, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We sincerely appreciated your kind response and glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We will be glad to welcome you back at Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA....

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2014

When looking for a place to stay while attending a business meeting in Bensalem, Inn of the Dove had great reviews and the price was right. When arriving at the Inn found out that the place i had chosen to stay was set up for romantic getaways. Room was clean, spacious and included a large jacuzzi, king size bed with lots of mirrors and a large roomy shower with 2 shower heads. After much laughter and jokes enjoyed my visit and would return. Rooms could use a fresh coat of paint and maybe a slight upgrade but was very clean.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your exciting response on tripadvisor! We are so glad you found us and enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Inn of the Dove Bensalem PA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Langhorne

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!