“Hated It!!!”

Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Reviewed 8 January 2009

I have stayed here several times, and enjoyed my stay each time, except this one. It took 10 minutes for hot water to come out of ANY of the spickets, and another 15 to get it over the jets in the hot tub, so needless to say, a relaxing hot tub, or even hot shower was wasted. The bathroom was FREEZING, the doors would not stay open, so any heat from the main room couldn't go in to the bathroom, and like I said, no hot tub, or shower to keep warm in. I had to get dressed to drive to the office for take out menus, since all we could do was order food, and get ice for out beverages, but the ice machine was broken. No extra pillows, or blankets, and since the relaxing night after a long day at work was kinda ruined, the bed wasn't all that comfy either.

I understand to each his, or her own with the adult movies being shown, but there was nothing but 1 genre of movies on any channel, all night.

We wouldn't even wait until the 11 am checkout, so we left at 7 am. I expressed my disappoinment, and was told by the man who checked me out that the MGR would be in touch to adust my bill, and was very sorry. I didn't hear from him for 5 days, despite calling him every day. He called today to tell me he can't do anything for the bill, and that he could offer me 50% off MY NEXT STAY!! What would make anyone think I would want to dish out more money to stay here, when this last time was so terrible??? I would be willing to give it another change, if it was a complimentary room, but that wasn't offered, and although I requested they send me the 50% offer via email, so I had it in writing, I was assured it was done, it was not. I will be staying elsewhere from now on, which is unfortunate, because up until this trip, and apparently new management, I never had a problem here, with the rooms, or with the staff. There was one man who was so helpful, and professional, but he goes back to the UK next month, and unfortunately, could only sympathize with me, but not do anything for me, as he was not the management. Too bad, since he should be, and the manager should not be as he has no people skills. Good luck if you go anyway!!

• Stayed: January 2009
4  Thank liketohide

Reviewed 27 September 2008

The only problem we had was a shower drainage problem and the bathroom flooded rather quickly. Staff was great, very nice and they came right out to fix and offered us another room. The room we had was large, spaceous and very clean. Our stay at the Inn of the Dove was Everything we expected it to be (minus the shower problem). Would we go back again?... Absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2008

My fiancee and I had the HoneyMoon suite but wanted to play CD's and there was no cd player. The hotel phone didn't work-had to use our cell to call the office; there was cleaning paper towels left behinD. We were upgraded to the Asian Suite., with beat-up boom box in hand.- All the lights didn't work- Ants were all on the bathroom countertop, so we couldn't leave our toiletries in there!(This room had a built in cd player- one good thing)
No rug in front of the sink. no washcloths- no lights in the dual head shower- only one had hot running water.t he shower entrance was very dirty! no heat in this area!!
we were awakwened at early morn.to the fire alarm for no apparent reason- we don't smoke and only the heat was on.so we had to turn the heat off to quiet it down. the sheet had a cigarette burn and there were only 2 bed pillows. in the morning , our wine glass left by the jacuzzi was crawling with ants!
We wouldn't reccommend this place to anyone who values a clean , well kept environment!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 19 February 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed in room 126 over the Valentines day weekend. The room is supposedly the best room they have there. It was way too much money. $380 for one night. I'm assuming it was inflated b/c of the holiday. The room itself was very nice. There is a circle shaped red canopy bed with red lights on it, mirrors on the ceiling, a jacuzzi, a small fridge, large flat screen TV, fireplace, dual head shower, etc.

A couple things that needed improvement:

One of the shower heads doesn't work.
Comforter on the bed looks worn.
Some areas were sticky. Countertop, tile lining the jacuzzi.
Only get one piece of firewood which doesn't last too long.
Could be better quality soaps
NOT enough towels and washclothes

Overall we had a great time and would go again. On a NON holiday weekend.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
bensalem, Manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2008

Thank you for your review...the issues that you mentioned in your review have been addressed and taken care of. We thank you for your business and look foward to your next visit. Our rates were higher on your specific stay because of the holiday and are usually lower.

Reviewed 12 February 2008

I stayed in Bensalem on Saturday and it was a really nice stay. I reserved a honeymoon suite and the customer service was good upon checkin. When my husband and I entered the room you could tell the room had been cleaned because the suite smelled fresh and looked freshly painted. The casino is 5 minutes away and we went to the Outback which was also really close to the hotel. I will be back when we can getaway from the kids.

Reviewed 3 February 2008

Me and my husband went to inn of the dove again .This place is so great for romantic couples like us we stayed in room 103 the room was beatiful better then the other one we had the last time. The room was clean and it was very pretty. The only thing the mattress was kind of sinking but other than that it was great . We plan to go again because the privacy its great.

Reviewed 7 November 2007

I stayed at the Inn Of The Dove on Saturday in the deluxe suite. I've stayed twice before and I must say this time was my best experience. The outside of the hotel has changed for the better since my last stay. It looks like the building was painted and management been keeping up with the maintentence. The lobby and my room looked renovated and everything worked in the room. My check In and check out experience was good because the staff was very accomodating and caring. The mirrors, bathroom and the jacuzzi were clean and shining, and the sheets smelled good. My husband and I wanted to get away from the kids and felt this was a great getaway. I've stayed at other hotels in the area and this is the nicest with a jacuzzi for the price. It was definately the cleanest and the staff was friendly. The housekeeper even said Hi. I think that's the most important for my husband and I. I would recommend the Inn of the Dove to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bensalem
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!