“Comfortable and relaxing.”

Inn of the Dove - Bensalem
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Reviewed 13 November 2009

The room was the perfect size, nice and clean. I loved the fireplace, it made it cozy and personal. The mirrors were a little much, kinda gives one the thought - "Am I being watched?" Other than that, everything was perfect, the jacuzzi was so nice but the matress was a little firm.

There are newer reviews for Inn of the Dove - Bensalem

Reviewed 12 November 2009

Room was okay. Not very clean sheets did not feel clean. Had a padding between sheets and bed would not have thought twice about it but another couple we went with had areal problem with there bed I slept with my clothes on not to romantic. I've stayed at cove haven in the poconos and everything there was clean same type of
hotel you should hire there person in charge of cleaning rooms. My next getawAy with the wife will be at cove haven. Sorry

1  Thank edmarioo7
Reviewed 7 November 2009

This was our 2nd time staying at the Inn of the Dove in Bensalem, and we can't wait to come back again!! Our room was clean, inviting, and exciting! We have been married for 22 years now and have teenage children. So a get away place close to home is wonderful. I would & have recommended this Inn to all my friends!! Hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 3 November 2009

My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary by renting the room with the pool. We both had to work the next day so the Inn was convenient because it was only 5 minutes from home. The room was very clean and we had a full sized pool all to ourselves. For what we paid for the night (around $350) I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 2 November 2009

The pros:
1. Quiet location in a cove with private entrance.
2. The chocolates and rose upon arrival was a nice touch.
3. The TV, Wireless Internet, and Jacuzzi worked.
4. Water was hot.

The cons:
1. The customer service was awful!!
We requested a microwave when booking, then I called from home the day of our arrival to confirm the microwave. Upon check-in, we were assured a microwave was in the room. So we lugged all our things (bags, laptop, gym bag, beverages, hiking boots, etc) to the room only to discover that there was NO microwave! We asked them to bring one to the room, and they said they didn't have one and we'd have to move to a different room. I asked them to move the microwave from that room into our current room and they said "No." So we lugged all our stuff across the courtyard to the new room only to discover it smelled of smoke (in a non-smoking establishment) and there was an ashtray on the table! So my husband carried the microwave back to the first room, and I lugged all our things yet again across the courtyard. AT NO TIME DID THE FRONT DESK OFFER TO ASSIST US!!!!
2. There are no ice trays in the tiny fridge, so you have to walk over to the office area in the dark/cold to get ice.
3. There is no VCR or CD/DVD player in the room.
4. Even though their website claims to give pointers on area attractions, the guy I spoke to could not give any recommendations because he was "new to the area."

4  Thank LouisePennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We found a bug, not sure what kind in our bed on our arrival.
it was a special anniversay that started with a nice dinner at Portifino's in downtown Philadelphia, a play at the Walnut Street Theater and ended at the Inn of the Dove.
It was not long after we arrived and got ready for bed by turning down the blankets when we found a crawling bug. While we agreed not to let it ruin the evening and it was late. Both of us were to tired to relocate and realized that even if we did the new room would be far to cold to share a romantic evening.
Before we could reccomend the Inn, we would have to get some positive feedback that this problem was a rare incident that is being dealt with.

Reviewed 9 September 2009

Bed was too soft when asked for a more firm mattress, I was told there wasn't any. We promptly checked out. All I received from travelocity was a 50.00 coupon off at a later booking of 2 nights.Inn of the dove was no help and process the bill before travelocity could stop payment

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hotfire33
Management_dove, manager at Inn of the Dove - Bensalem, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2009

It is unfortunate that this guest did not enjoy their stay with us, but most of our guests do enjoy their stay. The staff and management always strive to ensure each guest is satisfied. Our property is recently renovated and every room has new mattress, Serta Platinum plush firm. We offered the guest to move another room but they denied and want to have refund after staying 5 hours.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
Hampton Inn & Suites Philadelphia/Bensalem
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 9 in Bensalem
Sheraton Bucks County Hotel
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast
Holiday Inn Bensalem - Philadelphia Area
Courtyard Philadelphia Bensalem

Been to Inn of the Dove - Bensalem? Share your experiences!