“Can't Be Beat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't Be Beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Always go to Bella's when I'm in the area. It's a great little family restaruant with really good food at reasonable prices. The Cheese Steaks are without a doubt as good as you can get. Had to bring a few back to Chicago area for my son on this last trip as they are his favorite as well as mine.

Visited May 2013

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“Just as Good as Manhatten's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

This little pizza and cheessteak joint is great. My wife and I grew up on Philly cheesteaks and my wife and I stay in New York several times a year and know great pizza, calzone, and other italian pizza shop food. Bella is absolutely right up there with the best we frequent. It's our go to take out place, and I always suggest it for a nice non alcoholic lunch. Chuck is great and his staff is always more than helpful!!! I have no idea how anyone who knows pizza shops would give it any less than 5 stars??

• Visited October 2012
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“HAS GONE DOWN HILL”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Another place that used to be incredible but now their pizza is way too greasy.

“What happened to truth and respect for customers and employees.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I've been dealing with Bella for years. Ever since Bob left, and Chuck took over, Bella has gone down hill. If you've ever worked in the restaurant business (20+ years here) you can see it.
First, he's skimping on ingredient quality. Cheaper lunch meat, stale rolls, fatty meats all point to that. I understand you need to keep food costs down, but come on.
Second, he is understaffed. On the last couple of Thursdays, I have seen the same poor girl to make pizzas, wait on table and work the counter. At the same time, everyone else there is running around just trying to hold on. The food takes forever and just isn't the same as other days. When we ask about the wait and where is Chuck, the poor workers look embarrasses and try to cover for him. I know scheduling can be tough, but I know from experience you need to be there when your place needs you. End of story.
Third, Chuck treats customers and employees like garbage. I've seen him on many occasions yell at workers for trivial things and treat them like crap. Note to Chuck: the walls are thin and customers can here you ranting like a maniac in the dining room. I've been repeatedly lied to about pick up and delivery times. I know how that works too. A short sighted boss thinking short term. He wants your money today and thinks your'e dumb enough to keep ordering. So what if I lie, these idiots will keep ordering. Well not this idiot anymore.
Too bad anyone else isn't running this place. With that location it could be a gold mine. It seems Chuck just wants to drive it into the ground. In my opinion, he's doing a good job.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Norristown
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when we went into this little "eateria" in Bensalem. What a bright, immaculate, and inviting restaurant. The staff is on the ball, so pleasant, and so willing to serve! We could not believe the size of the Calzone and personal sized pizzas! They were packed with all of the wonderful veggies we had ordered! We could not beat the prices anywhere in the area or in our neck of the woods.

The owner is on the premises and we could see the pride he takes in his establishment. It certainly shows! Go to Bella---you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012